Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vindo NayakYour feedback matters!
Is eating Dates good for diabetes. If no how much should one consume per day. My diabetes score is 112 / 150 on average.
I am suffering from some problem so I can't take milk. Please suggest me what else can I do to get the benefits which we specially get from milk like calcium?
Haii sir I'm Ramesh I'm 25 years I have to use Viagra pills because while sexual time I have participated in 3 min only I have doing for 3 years but my stamina is very low how to use Viagra in correct way? And how much time it's working exactly.
I am 25 year old boy from India. Last week I had chest pain, it lasted few minutes. Yesterday I again felt it. Is it symptom of heart disease?
Hi, I am a 32 year old male. I am suffering from neck pain. I am not using pillow and applying ointment also but still no gain. Can you please help me as I can't sleep properly due to pain.
Dear doctor after delivery 8 month we have intercourse but my pennies is not inserted into the vagina me and wife suggest that consult to the doctor Can help us what is the suggestion.
I am very Disturb with my stomach from past 15 days I am getting dark motion. I have taken a course of 5 days. But still I am not felling well. Heavy gastric and I fell little pain while sleeping at the end of food pipe.
I am 43 years old. I am suffering from piles problem please what are the food habit's I have to follow?
I am suffering from severe cold for about 5 days I have taken medicine but there is no response please help me.
I have swelling near my ankle joint. From 2 days. Also some insect had bitten me beside it 4 days ago..
I have a dick problem the skin is not coming down coz of that my dick size is 4" am afraid pls help me.
I am 25 year old male. I am suffering from Premature Ejaculation from last eight month. So please help me.
Non evasive method of getting your heart bolckage checked for perfect results ? Please do not suggest angiography.
Why you should opt for homeopathic treatment for Eczema.
Eczema is a very common skin condition that can be identified by reddening of skin, feeling of itchiness in the infected area, appearance of scaly and dry patches of skin. This disease is mostly caused due to skin inflammation or irritation. If a person is suffering from chronic eczema, he or she would experience recurrent skin rashes. Most common type of eczema is “Atopic dermatitis”. Atopic refers to a group of diseases with an inherited tendency to develop other allergic conditions, such as asthma and hay fever.
Eczema can be treated in many ways, but opting for homeopathy treatment proves to be most beneficial. This mostly happens as homeopathy mostly considers that each person is unique and should be given treatment specific to his/her health needs and addresses the problem accordingly.
Here are some of the advantages of using homeopathy treatment for eradicating eczema.
1. Provides long term cure
Traditional homeopathy effectively provides relief from conditions and prevents them from coming back. The approach of treatment followed by homeopathy is to provide remedies matching an individual’s physical, emotional, genetic and medical conditions rather than providing a common treatment for a specific set of symptoms. This approach effectively works on many skin conditions like eczema and starts showing visible results within a few weeks. More importantly, it ensures that you don’t experience the symptoms again.
2. Excellent for eliminating chronic conditions
Homeopathic medicines prove to be excellent in treating chronic diseases whose symptoms have been recurring over the years. We often find that the cause of an allergy is a hyperactive immune response of our body. In Homoeopathy, instead of treating the symptoms of allergy, we try to treat the very basic cause of the problem and set right the immune system. Once the immunity is in order and stops over reacting to ordinary stimuli, the allergy is cured and so are the symptoms of eczema. This is where Homeopathy has an edge over other branches of medicine. Homeopathy treatment of eczema does not believe in suppressing the disease, but curing the disease from its root cause, thereby causing permanent cures.
3. Doesn’t have any side-effects
Another advantage of using homeopathy to treat eczema is that you don’t have to experience any side effects as these medicines don’t contain any toxic substances.
4. Doesn’t have any negative impact on your immunity
Unlike allopathic drugs, homeopathic medicines don’t harm the immune system of your body. They have a gentle effect on your body. In addition to this, these medicines are responsible for stimulation of your body’s self-healing mechanism, which adds to its efficacy against diseases like eczema.
5. It is affordable and non-addictive
Homeopathic medicines are available at low prices and can be stored for a long time without affecting their effectiveness. Moreover, they aren’t addictive and once you recover from eczema or any other disease, you can stop taking them easily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Digestive problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.