Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinayak Nagesh ShrikhandeYour feedback matters!
My husband is celiac disease from two years every after two month he is suffering from lose motion. He start losing his weight feeling low. This all happen for one month taking medicine from our general physician again he is normal. Again 45 to 69 days same problem starts pl help me.
I have problem of acidity, what are possible reasons for acidity? What should I do? Is any simple way to control it? Too late sleep at night is a true reason?
I am not having good digestion and I am not eating oily, spice items and drinking 4, 5 litres water. Doing exercise daily for 30 mins, gas is coming from stomach. please suggest natural remedies for improving digestion.
My cousin aged 32. Has delivered baby boy yesterday. Through cesarean After delivery her stomach inflated. What should I do.
I'm 31 years old and i'm having problem of severe gastric and constipation from long time. I'm also suffering from sleeping disorder from long time.
My father has gastric problem every time with Constipation problem. When he consult a gastroentologist then they told that this is because of a type of worm in stomach. Please consult me and solve my fathers problem.
I am 42 years old man and facing allergic cough, gas and sleeplessness and headache including piles problem and abdominal growth kindly reply me with suitable advice to overcome the same.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder of the large intestine. It may cause abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea and constipation. The condition is not life threatening in nature and does not make you susceptible to colon disorders such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and colon cancer, however, symptoms of IBS may act as deterrents in leading a normal life.
The symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are:
- You may experience symptoms of constipation
- Frequent episodes of diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps especially on the lower part of the abdomen
- Constant bloating
- Abnormal stool structure
- You belly might stick out
In some cases, you may experience sexual problems and urinary problems. In addition, if you also suffer from stress related disorders then it might aggravate the symptoms.
The primary cause is that the colon becomes very sensitive such that small stimulation may cause it to react. When the food passes through the colon, it tends contract strongly and leads to complications, such as bloating and constipation. It may also lead to weak contractions of the colon which leads to hardened stool.
There are certain things which may symptoms of IBS, they are:
- Stress: Any type of stress tends to aggravate symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Foods: Certain foods such as chocolate, spices, cabbage, milk and carbonated beverages may trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes such as the ones during menstrual cycles may aggravate symptoms of IBS.
- Illnesses: Various illnesses such as diarrhea or conditions such as overproduction of bacteria in the intestines may lead to symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Women are more likely to be affected by symptoms of IBS as are people who are below 45 years of age. If someone in your family has irritable bowel syndrome, then you are also likely to develop this disorder. It may also aggravate symptoms of hemorrhoids, along with aggravating symptoms of stress.
Ayurvedic treatment for Hyperacidity
Acidity gives you tremendous discomfort. The stomach condition wherein acid levels of the gastric juices are much more than normal is known as hyperacidity. It causes uneasiness alongside symptoms like loss of appetite, heartburn, unexpected stomach pain, etc. According to Ayurveda, the main cause of this condition is the worsening of the Pitta Dosha (the fire element) in your body.
The reasons that worsen this dosha are:
- Having foods that don't match your constitution or which aren't supposed to be had like milk and salt or milk and fish
- Extremely spicy and sour beverages and foods
- White flour products
- Products made from white sugar
- Excessive intake of coffee and tea
- Having food even though you may be suffering from indigestion
- Controlling the urge to urinate or pass stool
- Prolonged exposure to heat and the sun
What happens to your digestive power?
The exacerbated Pitta worsens your digestive fire, causing your food to be not properly digested as well as influence the production of ama (toxins). When ama builds up in your various digestive channels, it brings about the problem of hyperacidity. The treatment focuses on calming down the irritated Pitta Dosha. For this, certain herbs are used to get rid of the toxins that block these channels. This automatically improves your digestive fire, bringing about better digestion.
What changes you're required to make?
To keep this problem at bay, there are certain lifestyle changes that you may have to make such as
- To curb the consumption of acidic foods like garlic, onions, ginger, vinegar, and tomatoes
- Avoid having curd/yogurt at night
- Practice yoga and Pranayam like Bhujangasana, Vajrasana, Shitkari Pranayam and so on
- Avoid fermented as well as processed foods
- Avoid coffee, tea, alcoholic or carbonated beverages
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 4 Superfoods to Get Rid of Acidity + 4 Home Remedies