Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinayak Nagesh ShrikhandeYour feedback matters!
I have acidity and gastric problem. From last 3 months. And also have vomit some times. And have low blood pressure. What should I do?
Dear sir I have stomach problem since last 2 years. indication and weakness also and acidity. So which medicine should I take.
I am 67 years old - Male. I am having itching at anus (round the anus) and also two sides of thigh and also on the skin of testicles. I am regularly cleaning with dettol soap after passing stools. Sometimes after rubbing with nails red spots are coming. I am not able to control the itching. I used Hedansa medicine also. Please advise me what to do?
I am 20 years old. I am vegetarian. I do not eat even egg. Since many years whenever I drink milk I suffer from acidity. Can this problem be solved? If not what can be good substitute for milk in my diet?
Mucus in stool without abdomen pain before pain was there but now no pain no discomfort in stomach passing stool 3 to 4 times a day mucus is present in stool doctor says it's a chronic dysentery what is the reason and what are the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
I am 36 years male. Had protected sex 12 weeks back with un-known status lady, in last minute condom broke and I came out immediately and saw the semen on her thighs, she says she is clean. I was under anxiety and tremendous pressure, I met doctor after 3 days. He suggested PEp. Started PEP after 80 hours of my exposure and stopped after 3 days as I felt it has more side-effects. I was having GERD symptoms due to anxiety and took medicine for GERD (Nexpro). After that due to stress may be I had feeling of go to toilet (but did not go, symptoms like IBS). I used antibiotic (Rifaset) for 10 days (20 tablets). After 10 weeks of exposure (after 1 week usage of my antibiotic) I had mild rash at my back and it was painful. I did not used any medicine for rash and it went off after 10 days. I had following tests: 1. RNA PCR at 6 and 16 days after exposure - Negative 2. RNA PCR Quantitative at 16 days - below detectable level 3. Rapid test at 6 and 8 weeks after exposure- Negative 4. Duo test CMIA (p24 antigen and antibody) - Non-reactive 5. rapid test after 11 weeks (Tridot test) - Negative. Can you please suggest when to test next to make results conclusive and is my 3 days PEP course after 80 hours of exposure has any impact on seroconversion, Antibody detection or test results. I am planning for one more duo test tomorrow (after 84 days of exposure)
Hello, I have a lot of gas problems which is of course very embarrassing at times. Although whenever I feel like farting I go to the loo and pass the gas but sometimes I cannot control which is why it happens in front of others. What should I do to reduce gas formation?
Hello I am having pain in lower abdomen from past few days but my periods are normal and while urinating pain is not there but I have an acute problem of constipation. The whole day it D's not pain much but at night it pain too much. So I tk arnica and sleep. May I Knw why it s happening ? Is that anything to worry?
I am suffering from weakness that I am unable to digest my food properly. Is there any way to get rid of it?
My brother has a problem related with stomach I was consult to a doctor who said that the acid is producing in the stomach what can be done in such situation.
I am having tight and hard feeling in anus and pinching pain and cold sensation around penis, groin and inner thighs. Blood n urine test r normal. Doctor advised me 10 days doxycycline 100 mg which I have taken for 8 days but not much improvement. Please help.
What are the post operative complications for fissurectomy? Whom I should consult for chronic anal fissure. General surgeon or gastroenterologist.
Hello sir, it's been a year I'm suffering from anal itching after bowel movement, when I wipe out I feel to scratch anal, after scratching I feel little burn, I consulted to a skin doctor before 10 months but not cured, I stay in hostel, I guess the only reason for this is long sitting at a same place, n the itching change accordingly my food, sometimes I feel more sometimes less, especially I feel itching during evening bowel movements, please help me to know whom to consult to overcome my problem thank you,
I am a 35 year old male. I have been suffering from boils in my anus for the past one year. It will heal itself or on medication after one week or so but keeps coming back after two months or so, a few centimeters away from the first one. It is very painful. The local doctor prescribed an antibiotics for it fixime *0. I have discontinued after taking six tablets. What should I do?
I am suffering from stool with mucous and no blood. 2 to 3 times at mng. Taking offox +ornidazole, probiotics course Complete 7 days. Still not cured. What problem?
I am 40 years old. Now I am suffering from Diabetes for last more than one year and now also create Gallbladder stone current size of stone is 6-8mm. I have been taken Homeopathic medicine but my Gallbladder stone increase 5mm to 6-8mm. What are do to now?
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that gets to the root cause of the disorder instead of just treating the symptoms. Ayurvedic remedies improve your overall wellbeing, in addition to treating the symptoms. The various Ayurvedic remedies for gallstones are:
- Diet: Following a healthy diet is one of the key measures to prevent gallstones. Eat a well-balanced diet which has plenty of fruits and vegetables; avoid eating foods that contain saturated fats. Fat rich foods such as nuts and seeds should be consumed in moderation.
- Exercise: Exercising regularly helps in keeping your weight in check. Cardio exercises such as swimming and running are good for your heart and overall health. Remember that obesity is a risk factor for gallbladder stones.
- Keep Diabetes in check: If you are diabetic, make sure your blood sugar levels are in check. High blood sugar may cause high fat levels in the blood which may result in gallstones.
- Limit Stress: Stress may be a direct or an indirect cause for the formation of gallstones. Hence practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to deal with stress in an effective manner.
- Ayurvedic Herbs: Numerous herbs known as cholagogues and choleretics have been found useful in preventing gallstones in traditional ayurvedic medicine. Cholagogues are herbs that stimulate the gallbladder to contract, while choleretics stimulate the liver to secrete more bile. Both these actions could help reduce the risk of developing gallstones. Turmeric, citrus fruits, dried ginger, black pepper, long pepper, hing, etc., fall under these categories.
- Table Salt Remedy: Before breakfast, on an empty stomach, take a tsp of Saindhava lavanam or ordinary table salt in a glass of hot water. After drinking this, lie down for about 45 minutes on your right side. Do this once or twice a week.
- Castor Oil: Apply castor oil pack over the gallbladder area.
- Therapeutic Procedures: Apatarpana (fasting), langhana (light diet) and virechana (mild purgation) are some of the therapeutic procedures that are usually advised as a part of the treatment.
- Ayurvedic Remedies: Specific Ayurvedic remedies such as Shankavati, Sootasekar ras, Pravaalpanchaamrit, Hingwaashtak choorna, Avipattikar choorna, etc., are generally prescribed to treat this condition. The duration of the treatment and dosage of these medicines depends on the severity of the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.