Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay AgrawalYour feedback matters!
My seeing or in my vision there i some types of spots comes which now become somewhat permanent and it get bigger spot due to stress. The spot which i am talking about come inside my eyes means if my watching your face than except seeing your face i will also find some small coloured spots on your face. Dr. Garg suggested me to use eye drop KETLUR. And some vitamins. Can also suggest me ways to come out from this and also to increase my vision as my eye sight is weak not much weak but i can say -1. So provide ways to icrease eyesight vision and tips against spots.And also tell why it happens so. I am female age 44 to 45 yrs.
I am 42 years old. I feel my vision is losing. Are there any exercises or any other ways to increase vision power?
Retinal detachment is an emergency eye condition in which the retina at the back of the eye gets separated from the surrounding tissue and pulls away from its normal position. The retina acts as a light-sensitive wallpaper in the eye, providing a lining for the inside of the eye wall and sending visual signals to the brain. As the retina can't work properly under these conditions, one can permanently lose vision if the detached retina is not repaired immediately.
- During the retinal detachment, the retinal cells gets separated from the layer of blood vessels which provides oxygen and nourishment. Usually, it begins in form of small torn area of retina known as retinal tears or retinal breaks. This condition, if not treated, leads to retinal detachment and finally permanent vision loss.
- Retinal detachment has tell-tale warning signs like an increase in sudden appearance of floaters resembling cobwebs floating in field of vision. It can be coupled with flashes of light or curtain from any direction causing a loss of vision.
- Retinal detachment is of three types. The most common form is Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment where a tear allows fluid to get under retina and prevents nourishment to reach retina from retinal pigment epithelium by separating them. In Fractional form, scar tissue on the retina's surface shrinks causing it to separate from the retinal pigment epithelium. This form is most prevalent with diabetes patients. Lastly, in case of Exudative retinal detachment, the fluid leaks into the area under retina without a tear or breaks in the retina. Retinal diseases or trauma to the eye are main causes for Exudative retinal detachment.
- Although a person of any age can suffer from retinal detachment, but it is more prevalent in people over the age of 40. People suffering from degenerative myopia or lattice degeneration are more prone to this medical condition. People with family history of retinal detachment are also likely to suffer from the same.
- Retinal detachment can be treated in many ways. The most common form is the Laser surgery in which small tears and hole are joined back to the retina. Another method is Cryopexy in which the area around the hole in frozen and helps reattach the retina. Both the above procedure are performed at ophthalmologist's clinic.
- Sometimes, one may have to opt for Scleral buckle in which a tiny synthetic band is attached to the outside of the eyeball which gently pushes the wall of the eye in toward the centre of the eye placing the eye wall very close to the detached retina. Another option is vitrectomy surgery to replace the vitreous that fills the centre of the eye and helps the eye maintain a round shape.
- A retinal detachment is an emergency medical condition and must be treated immediately to save one's vision. Most people have been successfully treated for retinal detachment, but ophthalmologists cannot always predict how vision will turn out. The visual outcome will not be known for up to several months after surgery. However the results are best when the retinal detachment is treated as soon as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Whenever I see laptop for long time. My eyes and neck will pain so much. I consulted doc and he gave specs but of no use. Even I get water from my eyes. What should be done to overcome this.
I am an IT professional . I am 22 years old. I can't able to sleep peacefully even though I go to bed early. On closing my eyes coding programs or some other events happenings are coming to my mind. If I go to bed by 11 pm I ll get sleep around 2 pm. What to do ? Morning also I ll wake up very soon. Also If I heard a small sound I am getting up. I can't able to have deep and peaceful sleep. Even I won't use mobile or laptop if I won't feel sleepy simply I ll close my eyes and try to get sleep What to do. ?
I was prescribed 25mg. sildenafil citrate about 11 years back. Thereafter I have been using it regularly. However after using it for 5 years the erection was reduced.I then started using 50mg. which was told by the chemist. Now again I have problem in erection. I am now 60 years of age. Should I start taking 100 mg? I am also facing issues with my eyes. The eye specialist has recommended laser treatment for retina and has also told that in both my eyes cataract formation has started. Please also tell me whether my eye condition is due to the use of the drug for erectile dysfunction.
Sir meri ankho me bahut jyada pain hota h jo ki bike chalane ke bad or jyada hone lgta h so sir please some one idea.
I had a hit by shuttle cock on my left eye in month of December, later I did all the check up asked by doctor to do like retina check eye Photo and so on Because I am facing eye flashes and floaters after the hit But still I have flashes but number of time is reduced, say 2-3 times but floater is still there M worried for my eye pls suggest what should be done more.
I have problem in my both eyes, whenever I stay in contact with computer, mobiles, Dust, tear comes out continuously. So What to do?
I want to increase my height & my eyesight I'm wearing the specks & what will be the normal height & weight For health person.
I am 25 year old boy and I started working at night shifts from April. And I started over time just to earn much more and after few months I realized that I was not feeling any thing in my head my brain had stopped thinking. Daily I was working what I see but I was not able to think. I felt like I my brain is dead and solutions for my work is running in my blood. And now I feel that someone is standing next to me I have heard whisperings and when I turned back no one was there. And now I am feeling headache regularly week eye sight heavy head restlessness feel sleepy all day and when I close my eyes I see some smoke images can any one help me in this please it's urgent.
I got a scar on my retina and doctors say that it is incurable. It is approximately 7 years old scar so I thought I should ask you about this so please reply me that it has a treatment or not.
I am 30 yr old women.3 months back i under-go thin flab lasik treatment of eyes to remove spectacles.In one eye 0.5 no still remains.Will it be like this only or it can be removed through some exercise or medicine?
Hi sir I have cough and cold with in 2 weeks yesterday fever also but today fever is cleared but cough and cold to be problem pls resolve and cold condition my left eye also feeling pain.
Myth: Reading in dim light will worsen your vision.
Fact: Dim lighting will not damage your eyesight. However, it will tire your eyes out more quickly. The best way to position a reading light is to have it shine directly onto the page, not over your shoulder. A desk lamp with an opaque shade pointing directly at the reading material is ideal.
Wet your hands with running water ? either warm or cold.
Apply liquid, bar or powder soap.
Rub your hands vigorously for at least 20 seconds. Remember to scrub all surfaces, including the backs of your hands, wrists, between your fingers and under your fingernails.
Dry your hands with a clean or disposable towel or air dryer.
If possible, use a towel or your elbow to turn off the faucet.