Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Im a student. Im experiencing the headache while I'm listening to classes but I'm able to see the words in long distance. Does I have an eye sight? What are the symptoms of eye sight?
I have constant pain in my entire head, Specially in the back side of head below left ear followed by the irritation in eyes and forehead. I got my eyesight check too but it came correct without any lacking. Please suggest me whar to do.
I have been suffering from red eyes since three days. I couldn't even concentrate on my studies. What can I do this for can you give me any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Hi. I am 29 years old, my eyesight is blur when ever I look something at a distance. I kindly request you to help me with my problem. Thanking you.
I am seeing some worm like structure in my eyes they are transparent, but others say it just nothing, what is it? Is this any sought dangerous problem.
I was very fair some years ago. But due to the heat of sun in my city my skin colour turned dark. I used natural remedies like putting a mixture of multani mitti, milk, & lemon, Putting raw tomato juice, etc. But I see very negligible change. please help me to regain my old fair skin colour.
Some parts of our body like our eye lids are ignored until we face a problem related to it. One such ailment that affects our eye lids is the swelling of the eyelid. This can affect both the upper and lower eye lid and may or may not be painful. This is triggered by the inflammation of fluid in the connective tissues around the eye as a result of eye infections, injuries and allergies. It could also be a sign of a more serious health condition such as Graves disease, orbital cellulitis or ocular herpes.
Some of the symptoms you may notice with swollen eye lids are:
- Itchiness in and around the eye
- Excessive tearing
- Redness of the eye lid and white part of the eye
- Dry, scaly skin on the eye lid
- Obstructed vision depending on the extent of swelling
As mentioned above, these symptoms can be triggered by a number of factors. Allergic reactions to pollen, dust, dander, makeup and certain eye drops are the most common causes of swollen eyelids. The swelling of blood vessels in and around eyes is a common effect of histamines. Conjunctivitis or the inflammation of the inner lining of the eye can also result in swollen eyelids along with making the eyes water and itch. Bacterial infection or the inflammation of the meibomian gland in the form of styes can also make the entire eye lid swell. In such cases, the eyelid is also very tender to the touch. A blocked meibomian gland can also trigger the formation of a chalazion. This later develops into a hard sebaceous cyst which makes the eyelid swell.
An injury to the eye can also trigger inflammation and make the eye look swollen. Another common cause of eye infections is improper use of contact lenses such as not keeping them clean or swimming with lenses on.
The form of treatment best suited to you will depend on the underlying factors triggering the condition. In cases of allergic reactions being the trigger, antihistamine drops or lubricating ‘artificial tears’ could help relieve the symptoms. In more serious cases, your doctor may also prescribe mild steroid drops. Infections caused by conjunctivitis or ocular herpes usually responds well to anti viral and anti inflammatory medication in the form of eye drops or ointments.
To prevent further aggravation of the condition, avoid rubbing your eyes and minimize touch to the area. Applying a cool compress over the eyes can also help relieve the itchiness and swelling. In addition to this, splash your face with cold water as many times a day as possible. Lastly, avoid wearing contact lenses for the duration of the infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My age is 23 yrs 4 months. I have weak eye sight when I was 9 years age. Now I have eye sight of 8 for right eye and 7 for left eye. How can I reduce my eye sight power? I fed up with glasses I wearing and no more wanted to wear it.
Meri eyes main allergy hain maine bahut Dr. Se medicine li par koi benefit nahi hua please muje is ka permanent treatment bta do.
I am a 37 year old man from Delhi. Cast iron dust fall in my both eyes before one week and leave injury spot in both eyes. Due to my eye vision is not clear. Is it recoverable or not? Please suggest me and tell about best hospital / Doctor in India.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am 25 years old, and suffering with the Eye floater problem. AM too much frustrate please give me solution .I can not tolerate this and the whole day I want to cry whats happen with me so please give me solution please.
I feel pain in my eye when m on Mobile ph. And become red. Is thr any treatment for it. As m also were glass -2.5.
I use my movie and computer too often and now I feel like my eyes hurt and I feel blur sometimes if I bring my phone little bit closer to my eyes as they hurt me I was having this problem before as I am home at most of the time so I spend most if the time with move or computer.
Oculoplastics, or oculoplastic surgery, incorporates a wide assortment of surgical strategies that fix arrangement with the orbit (eye attachment), eyelids, tear channels, and the face. It, likewise, manages the remaking of the eye and related structures.
Oculoplastic surgery is carried out by an Oculoplastic surgeon. He should be an expert ophthalmologist who has embraced further expertise in plastic surgery. Your oculoplastic surgeon's essential focus is the well being and security of your eyes.
There are several procedures or types of oculoplastic surgery. They are enlisted below.
- Eyelid surgery: Blepharoplasty is the most well-known sort of eyelid surgery. It is done through entry points along the lines of your eyelids. The specialist makes the entry point and after that isolates the skin from the hidden tissue to evacuate the abundant fat, skin, and muscle. Sutures are then set in the upper eyelids to close the entry points. The lower covers may not require sutures, contingent on the method utilized. The methodology, for the most part, takes around two hours if both upper and lower eyelids are done together.
- Tear duct surgery: This surgery is also called dacryocystorhinostomy. For carrying out a tear duct surgery or dacryocystorhinostomy, your surgeon will make a little entry point through the nose or through the skin within a corner of your eye and your nose. Another tear drain opening is made from the blocked sac specifically into the nose. A stent might be left in the new tear drain incidentally to keep the pipe open. At times, the obstacle stays blocked and a perpetual manufactured drain is set behind the edge of the eyelids.
- Orbital surgery: There is a wide range of sorts of orbital surgeries, and the surgical methodology that will be picked for your situation relies upon the area, size, and degree of infection present. In a few cases, just a little skin entry point is required without the trouble of incisions. In others, vast entry points are required and unmistakable scars may come about. Your specialist will expel or repair harmed tissues as vital while painstakingly saving eye capacity and vision.
- Botox: The procedure takes only a few minutes and no anesthesia is required. Botox is injected with a fine needle into specific muscles with only minor discomfort. It generally takes three to seven days to take full effect and it is best to avoid alcohol at least one week prior to treatment. Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications should be stopped two weeks before treatment as well in order to reduce bruising.
There are many procedures of oculoplastic surgery. Your surgeon will choose the best one that goes with your situation. This kind of surgery is very successful.