Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vilas KulkarniYour feedback matters!
My son is not eating properly almost every time but he is too much fond of junk food. Give some advice.
My baby is 15 month old. On Saturday he started vomiting and had fever. We went to our doctor and he gave medicines. Also informed us that he might have loose motions. And we have to do stool test. And yesterday he started having loose motions. Now our relatives are saying that all these are happening because of molar teeth eruptions. Is this true?
My baby is 5 months old, he is having continuous loose motion from yesterday and now my baby is crying a lot. Can he have worms in his intestine. Early my mother in law gave him banana, curd, mango shake, orange juice.
Hello sir, My little baby is 7 months old, I have low/less breast milk, I cannot completely feed him with my own milk, please tell me what to do right now?
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
My daughter is 4 years old. Daily she is vomiting at school. Morning she will have little bit of bournivita that's it. During snack break at school while having snack she will vomit daily. After having bournvita she will say feel like vomiting. Even I changed the drink to tea & other drinks also but same problem please suggest.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am a 26 year old mother. My daughter is 12 months old. Her birth weight was 3 kg and now she is 9 kg. Her birth length was 45 cm and now she is 73 cm. Head circumference was 32 cm at birth and now it is 42.3 cm. She started walking around 9 and half months. There has been no developmental delay, she has reached milestones little earlier than others infact. She is doing good, understands many things, points at things. She is friendly as well. My concern is that she has a very flat nasal bridge, epicanthal folds, slightly slanted eyes. I have slanted eyes too and so does my father. Her face is small and her teeth are also somewhat odd. She has 6 teeth as of now. The upper jaw looks like it is pulled back, the lower jaw is more in the front and the upper jaw is backwards. I am very worried about many things right now. She is my first born. Please advise.
I have 3 months baby. I'm breastfeeding my baby boy. I have a doubt that my milk is enough to my baby or not. What to eat to get more milk that is enough to my baby?
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.
My daughter 6+. IGE value is 2109. Doctors gave MONTEC L C KID ONCE DAILY. After that he suffer stomach pain. It is side effect of the medicine or other? USG of whole abdomen is normal. Is any side effect of medicine?
Sir, I have twin (Boy & Girl) born on 2.5. 2015. Both of them have raised the habit of putting two hand fingers in their mouth for sleeping. If we make finger of their out, they start crying loudly. How such habit (putting fingers in mouth) stop / change?
My 10 mths old son has cough issue for the last one mth in regular intervals. Further he don't take proper diet. Just dependent on mother's milk & biscuits. Kindly suggest some remedy.
Here are reasons, effects, screening and diagnosis of down's syndrome in children
Brush twice a day, keep tooth problems away: brushing twice a day removes the tiny left out food particles from the mouth and keeps it fresher and cleaner.