Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vilas Dhanu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vilas DhanuYour feedback matters!
I have completed my 5th month of pregnancy. In my scan at 22 weeks placenta appeared low lying 2.9 cm from os. Is anything to worry about it? Any suggestions or precautions? I have a kid with 4 year and it was a normal delivery .In my 14 th week scanning placenta appeared normal.
Hello doctor sir. I'm 1 month pregnant. I have 1 child. We don't want to have other child because i'm starting a new job (banking field) 6-1 years training period. please help me sir. My ambition is a bank job. please help sir.
I get lot of pain n cramps on the first day of my menstrual cycle. Is there some medicine to cure this. Is it natural or some problem. I have tried a unani medicine called masturin. But it has not helped much. Please advise.
My girlfriend had her menses on the 7 march and has still not seen her period up to today 7 April. We had sex on the 6 April and she took first tablet of postinor 2 then second tablet 12 hours after. We want to take pregnancy test tomorrow 8 April. Will the medicine affect the test and why has her menses not shown up.
Although no one can entirely avoid catching a virus, a sincere effort to prevent the onset of a viral infection should definitely be made. True, that vaccinations really help curb the onset of flu and other viral infections, but a healthy diet and lifestyle are as essential. A nutritious and balanced diet along with regular exercises, will ensure that the immune system of the body remains strong, thus protecting you from viral fever and cold. If you are quite susceptible to cold and the flu, it is a cause for concern as it indicates poor immune system functioning. In this case, ensure that you bring certain changes to your diet and maintain good hygiene.
Here are a few tips which will help you stay away from viruses and infections-
- Make sure you take in plenty of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is known to offer great protection against viral infections such as cold and the flu and the best source of it is the sun. This is why cases of flu are more common during the winter months, when the days are short.
- Wash hands: Make it a point to wash your hands before every meal and after every visit to the toilet. Ensure that children do the same and consciously inculcate this habit in them. Most viral infections are spread through touch; while one can definitely not stop contact with other human beings and things, viral infection can be greatly avoided by maintaining this hygienic habit.
- Eat warm meals: Viruses can live under normal temperatures, but die due to high temperature. Thus, ensure that you eat warm meals to prevent the onset of viral infections.
- Try not to share personal utilities: Sharing personal belongings such as razors, toothbrushes and towels is another easy way of catching a virus. Avoid doing so especially when you are aware that viral infection is pretty rampant.
- Make sure you get your vaccinations at the right time: Today, flu vaccinations can be taken either yearly or in the span of 6 months. Make sure that you have taken yours on time to prevent the onset of any viral infection.
Viral infections are easy to catch, and will definitely affect your daily activities for a short period of time. It is thus, essential that you take the necessary precautions to prevent such infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.