Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vilas Dhanu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vilas DhanuYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old and my ultrasound report says that I have very bulky uterus (andenomysosis) is therany treatment for this.
I am married women in 7 mouth but dont get pregnant pls aap mujhe koi solution bataye pregnancy ke liye konse din jaruri hai uske alava kitni bar karana jaruri hai pls.
I am a 19 year old female who has been experiencing abnormal yellow discharge for about a week now and my period is late. Please advise on the aforementioned issue.
Dear Doctor, I am going through a vaginal Yeast infection from last 2 month. I found that my stomach is not good, I do not eat much but from past 15 days I used to go for poop 4-5 times a day, I feel constipated. Is it can be a symptom of any Infection.
Hello Doctor, My period cycle is of 28 to 29 days. But once in a year I get in 32 days. Last month July I got my periods on 10 July. So Aug it is suppose to come on 7 or 8.today is 11 I have not got my periods I have did home pregnancy test this morning which came out negative. Please let me what is your suggestion.
One of the leading types of cosmetic surgery in the world is breast augmentation through implants. These implants are prosthetic inserts which are put into your breasts surgically to enhance the look, shape, feel, size, and balance in your body. Although these are primarily used for cosmetic purposes, they may also be used for reconstructive surgery after an accident or after mastectomy (breast removal surgery).
Types of breast implants
There are primarily two types of breast implants: Silicone and saline. The sacs that contain both forms of implants remain the same. The sac holding the material in both the cases is made out of silicone. The two primary types are explained below
- Saline implants: As the name states, saline implants are sacs filled with saline water. In the case of saline implants, the sacs are inserted into the breast through an incision. After the sacs are put inside the breast, they are filled with saline water and once the desired shape, contour, and size are achieved, the implants are sealed off and the incision is closed.
- Silicone implants: In this type of implant, the sac is pre-filled with silicone gel. This option is considered to have a more natural look and feel as it resembles human fat. The size of the implants however has to be decided beforehand. The doctor will make an incision on the underside of the breast, where the crease lies and then insert the implant into the breast. The incision is then closed and after healing, the scar will be hidden under the crease of the breast.
Considerations before surgery
This form of cosmetic surgery is one of the most commonly performed around the world. However, there could be a few complications that can arise after the surgery –
- Infection after surgery
- After surgery, scar tissue formation may cause the shape of the tissue to change
- The implants may leak or rupture
- Pain in the breasts
- Change in the breast sensations and the nipples (although in most cases this temporary)
2. Other considerations post surgery
Some of the other considerations that you might have to consider before surgery would be –
- Breastfeeding: While some women have stated that they were able to breast feed successfully after an implant, others have reported problems. Thus you may need to talk to your doctor about this especially if you want to have children post surgery.
- Complications in getting a mammogram: Mammograms to check for breast cancer and growths in the tissue may become complicated as the implant will block a straight view. However, pictures from other angles can be taken.
- Getting breast implants won’t stop your breasts from sagging: If you have sagging breasts, then you will need to opt for a breast lift surgery instead of breast implants as implants won’t correct sagging.
- Breast implants may not last a life time: Breast implants may require to be changed after a few years as your body shape may change and you may gain or lose weight. Implants may even rupture or leak, resulting in the change of the breast shape and thus, may require corrective surgery again.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am trying to get conceive. Last Monday I ovulated. Now I am suffering a lot from constipation. Today I put more pressure to go motion. Bt I didn't. After a minute I got a mild cramping pain in lower abdomen. Does it cause any damages. Really I am worrying. Please suggest me.
I have seven year girl and my wife monthly cycle is irregular that is pcod problem and fertility egg are not strong to conceive thas why two time missed abortion. Pl tell medicine or it cure it.
Actually there was 1 year passed of my marriage and since then my wife's periods are irregular and she is still not getting pregnant. We make physical relation on daily basis. Is this reason of irregular periods and non pregnancy. What should we do so that she can be pregnant.
Most pregnant women get the advice that they should eat for two in pregnancy. Is that true? well, yes and no! yes, because the dietary requirement of a pregnant woman increases in pregnancy. A pregnant woman needs approximately 300 calories more than a non-pregnant woman daily. And no, because eating for two doesn't mean eating for two adults. One has to take into account that the second person that one is eating for is very tiny compared to an adult, and therefore an extra 300 calories are all that you need to add to your daily diet during pregnancy.