Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VikramYour feedback matters!
Every woman desires flawless clear skin and perfect complexion. But factors such as free radicals, hormonal changes and sun exposure can damage your skin leading to patchy pigmentation and dark spots, making you look older. Pigmentation is basically the presence of dark (hyperpigmentation) or light (hypopigmentation) patches on the skin. It is a commonly observed concern. It is not life-threatening, but it can definitely give sleepless nights to those who desire a clear and even skin tone. Our skin has melanocytes. These are cells that produce pigment called melanin which gives skin its color. The number of melanocytes present in our skin determines our skin colour. Melanin apart from giving skin its colour, protects our skin from the damaging effects of sun radiation. The more our skin is exposed to sunrays, the more melanin is produced by melanocytes. This excess melanin is then deposited under the skin, which leads to skin tan, darker patches or pigmentation.
Hi doctor. i'm 17 year old teenage girl have dark circles and little black marks face which I want to be white suggest me best cream!
Hello sir I am 24 years old man. My skin is very dull I am a mining eng so I have to go dull area so my skin is very dull and my health is dustfull with cough, fever what should I do ?
My inner thigh portion is black dark due to wearing jeans what can I do to reduce those dark portions of my skin please suggest remedies for quick result.
I have a problem from my birth which is skin falling problem my skin falls from palm of my hand and feet so what iz the treatment?
Sir/madam please suggest me some homeopathy treatment for acne and fairness skin because my parents they want me to get marry so please.
Hii Doctor, My ques s about tan skin, Plzz tell Me how to remove tan and make My body skin glowing, What to do for Glowing and healthy body skin.
I have small boil near anus. I have consulted Dr. And they said that It is a fissure. However the cost for the laser treatment is 60k to 1lkh. Which is not possible option foe me. Could you please suggest me some home treatments or cheaper place to do laser treatment.
Meri mummy ke hands ki finger ke nails ke side m thoda thoda din m infection ho jada h then the infected side of nails turns black and dry they looks very dry damage. Sugest what to do.
Hi, I am 29year old female my skin has tanned a lot how to lighten my skin complexion. Please advice me how to lighten my face n body skin.
My father, aged 74 years, is suffering from enlarged prostate problem, i. E, specially at night urine realesed slowly from prostate. We recently done his psa test, which is now 186. 3. My question is can my father be cuered from this problem and is there any chance of prostate cancer.
I have an injury scar on my nose. It's been nearly six months and the scar doesn't disappear. I am currently using opexa gel. What should I do to get rid of the scar.
Am suffering from fungal infection. From past 4 months. And I have been using ketoconazole. Cream. But there is no result. There will be more itching. And its spreading. More please suggest me the best treatment.
Skinless lite cream is good for oily skin and iske fayda kia hoga and iske sath pimple to nahi hoge.
Sir My colour is black, not fully in my face only, which medicine is better to remove black color in my face.
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.