Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay M BhatYour feedback matters!
There are times when I wake up in the morning, my eyes becomes puffy even if I had sufficient sleep. What should I do?
Hii docs hi have a problem I am a model in these days I have darkcircles in my eyes itz nt good fr my carrier so please suggest me some better treatment asap result will b happen very fast.
I want to reduce my eye numbers to zero. Can you suggest me best way or best exercise to reduce my number? And also please suggest me better diet for my eyes.
I am 54 years old and suffering from cataract in both the eyes from april 2015. Is it necessary to operate at once? Can we operate one eye after another? Is there any medicine to cure without operation? shall we start routine office work after the operation?
I have eye site my age is 21 I have site for 1.5 for each eye now I want to do operation is this good r not.
Day by day my eyes are going weak L-2.5 R-3.5 number increases continuously Can I go for a lasik operation?
I have myopia. And the number of my lens is constantly increasing with age. What steps should I take to improve my eyesight?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.