Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay M Bhat
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay M BhatYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old. My eye sight is 5 minus. I want to get rid of my spectacles. What is the best way?
Whenever I go to a doctor he advised me to do cataract operation but for the last 4 years I have no difficulties in reading. Kindly suggest me whether I can go in cataract operation ?
Sir mera accident 2011 mein hua tha mai 7 din kome mein tha usi wajah se meri right hand wali aankh ki nas sukh gayi thi us aankh ka balance theek nhi h us aankh se dikhta hai lekin samne nahi dikhta hai wo right hand side uski jaati.
My eyes is paining from inside including my head andiys paining since three year so what should I do.
When mi seating font of the computer my left eye starting radius tears what is the reason of this problem.
Hii, I am 24 years old, meri eyes me yellow pigment hai jo dekhne me ache nhi lgte hai. Meri eye ka white part clean nhi hai, usme yellow pigment hai ar samne dikhai deta hai, jo bilkul acha nhi lgta. Meri eye ugly dikhti hai, kya koi treatment hota hai eyes ke whitening ka jisse inside eyes ek dm clean ho jaye ar ye yellow pigment b gayb ho jaye. Please suggest me.
I am 64 years of age. There is no major disease. Tests reveal I am diabetic, have intruding out piles, weak eyesight and feel very worn out and tired. Please advice home treatment.
I want to know reason behind my blur vision when ever I used my mobile in night more then two hours. Puffy eyes. Please suggest me few tips how to tackle this problem. Thank you.
I have been diagnosed with ANA 1+ speckled pattern. I have been prescribed tab HCQS 200 mg twice a day. For 2 months followed by 1 tab a day for 1 month. .i hv been feeling a lot of discomfort in my eyes. I consulted an ophthalmologist. .he said its due to dryness in d eyes. N prescribed some lubricant.
Hello, my eyes look yellowish. I've consulted a doctor. Checked the LFT. It shows high bilirubin count. The doctor said there is nothing to worry. But I'm really worried. Is there any cure. What is your diagnosis of my condition?
I am 16years old. I have seen black spot in my eyes for last 3 years. What should I have to do? Please tell me.
My eye sight is getting weak, I am working in office as data entry operator on computer. Please tell me the best eye drops which can help me in recovering my sight.
I have problem seeing far things. One doctor prescribed glasses with power OD: sph -1.25, cyl +0.50 axs 64, OS: sph -1.25, cyl +1.0 axs 89, which I find bit uncomfortable. I think its not accurate. When I tested again, another doctor gave right: sph 0, cyl -0.50 axs 160, left: sph 0, cyl - 0.75, axis 180 Why is second testing gave CYL negative. Is this okay?
Does the Usage of phone regularly effects on the eye? As if I had already -2.50 eye sight for both the eyes. Sometimes more usage of phone or laptop feels my eye strained. Any suggestions?
I am 21years old girl, I have eye sight so I consulted the doctor and undergoes some tests then doctor said PRK lasik treatment ki good for my eyes, so I am going to take lasik treatment, so, will you please suggest me what precautions I have to take after treatment and how many days I have wear sunglasses?? And I am software engineer is it ok if I work with system after 15days of the treatment??
There has been an infection in my right eye. I am not able to close my eyes properly, or once closed, they get sticky over the eyelashes and it becomes painful to open them up back again.
I have red eyes. What should I do for getting white and clean eyes. And also for disappearing black marks.Please tell.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.