Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidyagouri V KulakarniYour feedback matters!
My newly born kid has ASD flow. ASD of 0.4 cm. Will he be ok after sometime. He has ostium secundum.please help
Hello sir, I am getting cough and cold every month and it took more than a week to relief if I will not get any medicine. What should I do?
My baby is 2 months old and he hardly sleeps at night. During day time also he sleeps for just 2 hours. What should I do to make him sleep at night.
I am 13 years girl I am little fat and short in height. I am here to get the solution of my problems that:- My breast size is getting very big like 28 years girls To reduce my size To increase my height.
Hi from yesterday onwards my baby is suffering from severe cold n cough he has running nose. Currently giving nasoclear n brozedex 0.7 ml. He s six month old son. Is this medicine ok.
My daughter, aged 6.5 years underwent bilateral femoral osteotomy in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016. She was in hip spica cast for a total of eight weeks, followed by hip brace for four weeks. But her knees were flexed inwards after she came off the spica cast . After regular therapy for the past five months, it has opened out from 150 degrees to about 50 degrees now, Hips are in abducted attitude. Abduction is possible to about 50-60 degrees, but hip abduction movts seems to be quite painful for her. Her recent xray which was done few days back show " left femoral head dislocated inferiority" Her adductor muscles and hamstrings are tight. Kindly advise regarding further treatment possible to correct the dislocation. Thanks a lot.
Cold and cough is caused by a viral infection, which can last for about two to four weeks. The symptoms include stuffy or a runny nose, coughing and sore throat. Many times, the infection may raise body temperature and the child may suffer from fever. Our body’s immune system naturally fights with such infections. Depending on the type of cough and the symptoms, the virus can stay active in the body for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is quite painful to see the child suffering from cold and cough. The symptoms of this infection are worse during the first two days.
The child will experience pain and irritation in the throat with difficulty in swallowing, frequent coughing with mucous, breathing difficulty and high fever. Most parents rush to over the counter drugs for cold and cough to ease of their child’s agony. However, most drugs/ cough syrups available over the counter only provide temporary relief. Medical evidence suggests that antibiotics do not kill viruses, thus, it is not advisable to treat cold and cough with antibiotics unless accompanied by another infection. So, what do parents do? Well, there is a lot that can be done.
Let’s first understand the type of a cough your child might be suffering from:
- Dry cough: Generally occurs due to infection in upper respiratory tract, cold or influenza. Children with asthma and allergies are also prone to this type of cough as dry cough is triggered by smoke or dust.
- Croup Cough: A harsh barking and dry cough with swelling beneath vocal cords.
- Wet Cough: Most commonly caused by cold. This is an infection of the lower respiratory tract characterised by mucous secretions.
- Whooping cough: Characterised by fast coughing, breathing difficulties and a whooping sound while breathing.
Apart from this, If coughing starts suddenly along with choking, the child may have inhaled a foreign body. Immediate help may be required. For babies less than 12 months of age, cold cough followed by breathing difficulties may indicate bronchiolitis and require a paediatric attention. A normal cold and cough generally subside with two to four weeks. However, it is important to understand when to consult a doctor.
- Chest pain or breathing problems
- Cough lasting for more than 6 weeks.
- A yellow, green or brown mucous indicating another infection.
- Swollen glands, persistent high fever, rashes.
- Body getting pale and symptoms getting worse.
- Temperature higher than 38 degrees in the case of infants.
Precautions and diet that should be taken care of
- Increase Intake of fluids especially hot liquids
- Never stop breastfeeding the baby
- Vapour rub applied on chest and back is an effective remedy
- Inhaling steam provides relief to a sore throat and nose
- Intake of crushed tulsi leaves with honey or hot turmeric milk is soothing and very helpful
There is little we can do to prevent viral infections. However, proper care and caution can ensure a smooth recovery.
My grand son is one year and 4 months old. He has not started uttering words although he blabbers some times. He hears and responds well . He had problem in sucking milk from the beginning. Does it have any relevance? When do children start uttering meaningful words normally. Please advice. Thanks.
My child is 1 year and 3 months old but he can not walk only stands and only walk with my support doctor suggest its lack of vitamin D which fulfilled by vitamin d injection kindly advise me for this problem.
My brother son age 6 yr suddenly get from bed feared cried randomly says save me, protect me, I didn't understood shivered jump twisted his hands with one another, at that time he looks very feared it happens weekly 3 or 4 times.what can be done for this?
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.