Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidyagouri V KulakarniYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am 24 year, my baby is about a month & I stated feeding but after a month my left side breasts nipple is very paining every time he sucks for milk and after that also he remains pain. And as right breast is not so pain. When I do small massage around the nipple it feels so relax but after feeding paint starts. 2) at the time of feeding I also feels very thirsty? Why it is cause of that? Please help me out doctor.
Suvarna prashan sanskar is one of the 16 essential rituals described in ayurveda for children.
It is one of the most important ayurvedic oral vaccination which should be compulsorily administered to every child.
This vaccination is the most superior one when compared to the modern vaccinations like bcg; polio drops; hepatitis; etc. As they have many other side-effects too.
What is suvarna prashan?
The process in which suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
Whom to administer?
Suvarna prashan can be given to age group of 0-16 years.
What is the time of administration?
Suvarna prashan can be done daily early in the morning, or at least on every pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day- which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
What are the benefits of suvarna prashan?
• suvarna prashan increases immunity power and develops resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very oftentimes.
• it builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activities and also improves stamina for the same.
• regular doses of suvarna prashan improves child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling in an unique manner.
• it kindles digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
• suvarna prashan also improves child’s appetite.
• it helps to nurture early physical and mental development.
• it develops an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal change and other prevailing infections.
• it helps body to recover early in case of any illness.
• it guards children from various allergies.
• it protects children from ailments occurring during teething phase.
Overall it makes child healthier.
Benefits of suvarna prashan at vishwacare:
• prepared using completely natural and organic products which are 100% original
• freshly made on every pushya nakshatra
• prepared by the doctor herself
• suvarna prashan drops and leham, both are given
• suvarna prashan daily drops are also available
• substantial beneficial results are achieved
Children taking suvarna prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguished from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
This suvarna prashan thus helps in the overall development of the child in a more safer way by providing side benefits without any side effects.
Upcoming dates of suvarna prashan in 2017:
8th march (wed) 05: 46 pm - 9th march (thurs) 05: 12 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 05: 12 pm on 9th march)
4th april (tue) 11: 12 pm - 5th april (wed) 10: 52 pm
2nd may (tue) 5: 16 am - 3rd may (wed) 4: 33 am
29th may (mon) 1: 25 pm - 30th may (tue) 11: 57 am
25th june (sun) 11: 25 pm - 26th june (mon) 9: 22 pm
23rd july (sun) 09: 53 am - 24th july (mon) 7: 43 am
19th aug (sat) 7: 09 pm - 20th aug (sun) 5: 22 pm
16th sept (sat) 2: 16 am - 17th sept (sun) 1: 05 am
13th oct (fri) 7: 46 am - 14th oct (sat) 6: 54 am
9th nov (thurs) 1: 39 pm - 10th dec (fri) 12: 25 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from 1: 39 pm on 9th nov to before sunrise on 10th nov)
6h dec (wed) 9: 57 pm - 7th dec (thurs) 7: 54 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 7: 54 pm on 7th dec)
(P.S.: Guru pushya amrut yog is the best time to give suvarna prashan)
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.