Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I am 30 years old lady there is a sore on my tight eye, it's paining? Let know what should I do to cure it,
Amblyopia or lazy eyes is a childhood eye problem that is treatable till the age of 8 only....
So act now get in touch with your eye specialist.... record your childs vision help them lead a normal life....
Dr. Sir, my name is ram. I'm ill. And my body hots at night. My head in pain. I'm suffering for pain. My eyes are red. please Help me. Some advice give me.
I am 23 years old meri aakhe eyes bahut kamjor h chasma laga huaa h 6 no ka please ko aurveda me aach upaye bataye ji plz.
Every day I use to watch my internet. So that my eyes were becoming dry and low sparking. Please show me any good oily eyedrops that could show my eyes brightly.
I an suffering from weak eyesight for last 6 year and I have skin disease then I feel so bad. Suggest what should be done?
I am 74. I have been advised cataract operation in both eyes (one by one). Dr. Says to implant lens lenses due to cylinder in my eyes. This lenses is one and a half times costlier than normal lenses. Kindly advise as to what are special features/necessity of a torric lenses. Thanks for quick reply please.
I have some eye problems a week I can't see a more distance please suggests so I will take proper treatment.
I have red eyes from 3 days and pain in my eyes some times water will come from eyes if I uses phone.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"
I am a 24 years old female. My left eyes start itching and I feel a burning sensation immediately when I start tearing. When I cry my eyes start itching. Please help.
A sty is a tiny red bump in the eyes which looks like a pimple on the outer edge of the eye. This condition usually causes a lot of discomfort and a significant amount of pain. This pimple generally forms when the oil glands in the eyes get clogged with dirt and grime as well as excess oil, which created blockage due to the accumulation of bacteria. Too much tear production as well as swelling and pain are the most common symptoms of this condition, which must be shown to an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Read on to find out the various ways in which you can treat this condition:
- Well Cleaned Hands: Always ensure that your hands are properly cleaned and sanitised, as the hands can spread the maximum amount of germs and bacteria to your eyes. The hands are usually the most overworked part of the body which we use for doing a variety of tasks that involve touching, gripping, pulling, pushing and running them along a variety of surfaces. This causes a build-up of germs and bacteria on the hands which can easily get transferred to the face or the eyes, as one touches these areas constantly. So, it is important to keep your hands clean at all time to ensure that the sty does not get worse.
- Avoid Makeup: When you are suffering from a sty, it is imperative to keep your eyes clean and clear. For this, you must avoid using makeup until the sty gets fully cured as the makeup may irritate the eye and the particles may further block the pimple. Also, you may want to avoid wearing contact lenses unless the sty gets better, and stick to glasses instead so that there is nothing in the eye that will obstruct its treatment.
- Warm Washcloth: This treatment will soothe the eye and help in sanitising the area with the warmth of the washcloth. Also, this kind of treatment for a few minutes every day will ensure that the swelling also reduces. Further, one must ensure that the washcloth is clean and lint free so that no dirt escapes into the eyes.
- Avoid Squeezing: One must avoid squeezing the sty as this action can make it even worse. Further, if the pimple bursts, the liquid or pus within can easily infect the eye and the area around it. The sty should be allowed to drain out on its own, or you can visit an eye doctor who will help in draining it out.
Getting professional help to treat the sty with medication and ointments as well as medical procedures is always more helpful.