Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Want to make smile teeth and remove completely yellowish and it should be turned into whitening how?
Hi doctor, sir I have faced gum bleeding for last 1 month and this is the first time I had dental problem. My gums are swelled and while brushing time or if I have any hard food, blood are coming. Please help.
I HAVE ACUTE PAIN IN RIGHT CHEEK NEAR LOWER JAW BACKSIDE. I HAD A RIGHT LOWER MOLAR FILLING RECENTLY. DOCTORS CANT DECIDE IS IT DUE TO THE MOLAR OR PAIN IS DUE TO COLDS IN CHEEK. MEDICATION SUBSIDES IT FOR SOMETIME N AGAIN UNBEARABLE PAIN STARTS.HOT MASSAGE HELPS. I AM TIRED OF MEDICATION.
Mere gums me swelling aati rehti hai bar bar. Wisdom tooth nikla hai or swelling me upar ka dant niche gup pe lag k dard karta hai.
I am a man 33 years of age. I keep getting a lot of decays in my teeth. Although I have got a 6 of them filled a couple of years back new decays have developed. I'd also like to add that I brush my teeth properly thrice a day. I have started experiencing sensitivity in two of my cavities now for which my dentist suggested I get root canal treatment done. I do not want to go through the pain of all that. I want an end to these problems and would like to know if I have an alternate to RCT. Be it in Ayurveda or homeopathy.
My son (age 7 Years) has teeth brittle issue. This I have noticed when he was around 3 years, but I thought he might have fell on the floor in my and wife's absence. Last week I have noticed the same issue with my little one who is 2 years and have some teeth. I am seeking for an expert opinion. An early reply would be much appreciated.
Doctor I have difficulty in opening my mouth. Theres certain kind of pain. I smoke 2 3 ciggrates daily. So it can be a symptom of oral cancer?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.