Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vepinandu
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VepinanduYour feedback matters!
Which is most serious bulgum dry or wet bulgum for the T B and tell me solution in both cases or cure?
I am having a blister form past 4 days in my mouth, I have tried various home remedies but it did not get all right, I don't know what to do? Please help me with my problem.
Hello doctor. M 21 year old. I am getting urinary tract infection often. I have conducted a 10 day antibiotics course after which it cured but its again happening. Whats the cause? What should I do to prevent it later?
For many people, the only source of calcium is their daily dose of milk. However, vegans, lactose intolerant people and those who are not too fond of milk can substitute it with almond milk. While it gives the same amount of nutrients, it does not have as many calories and also has a host of other health benefits.
Almond milk is creamy, nutty, and is fortified with vitamins D, B, and E. The calcium component is slightly low as compared to normal milk and therefore additional calcium intake should be planned for. Other than these some of the significant health benefits include:
- Calorie cutting: A cup of unsweetened almond milk gives only about 30 calories, in comparison to 146 calories in whole milk, 122 calories in 2% milk, 102 calories in 1% milk, and 86 calories in skim milk. While almond milk per se does not help you lose weight, using it as a substitute for other higher calorie drinks definitely helps in losing weight.
- Effect on blood sugar: It contributes much less calories than cow’s milk and so does not push up sugar levels. It also has a low glycemic index, therefore cannot be stored as a fat in the body.
- Added fiber: Almond milk provides higher content (5g) of dietary fiber per cup. This is higher than regular milk and helps reduce hunger and prevents obesity. Using the high-fiber almond milk for breakfast along with bran cereals can help reduce hunger pangs and keep you full for longer periods of time
- Digestion: The good amount of fiber aids overall digestion. It is also lactose-free thus, is a good substitute for milk for lactose-intolerant people (about 25% of the general population).
- Heart Healthy: The absence of cholesterol, reduced sodium, and good amount of Omega fatty acids make it extremely heart healthy.
- Bone Friendly: Though it contains less amount of calcium, it supplies about 30% of the daily calcium needs and about 25% of the required vitamin D levels. The result is improved better teeth, healthier bones, and reduced risk of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Glowing skin: The high content of vitamin E (about 50% of daily dose) with its antioxidant properties protects the skin against sun damage, leading to increased glow.
- Muscle strength and healing: Almond milk contains plenty of vitamin B and iron and riboflavin which promotes healing and improving muscle strength.
- Protein content: Almond milk contains only about 1 g (silk almond) to 5 g (fiber varieties), however, cow’s milk has about 8 g and therefore protein substitutes should be looked at.
The next time you are not keen on drinking cow’s milk, try the almond milk. It is proven to be tastier too! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I masturbate 2 times a day will it affect in future and while masturbating also I ejaculate early how to stay hard for more time.
Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with one of my short term knowing friend on 28th oct 17, got anxiety regards HIV so we both decided to take test, she took 4th generation DUO test on 19th Nov and I took on 24th Nov both results came non-reactive and again she took same test on 20th Dec and I took on 24th Dec again results came non-reactive, my question is should I take any more test or 4th and 8th week test is conclusive? Waiting for the response thank you.
Hello Doctor, I'm 52 years old, with good health and athletic physique, doing exercise (mild) regularly. I have no sugar, yea I have high Cholesterol but never felt anything wrong so far but, today at 4 am I felt so much pain in my RIGHT side of Chest it lasts 10 minutes, after applying ointment it gone completely. Is there any risk 2 my health?
Does dozing off is a sleep disorder or some medical condition or is it natural. please tell what to do?
How to manage diabetic neuropathy naturally?
Diabetic neuropathy is a chronic medical condition that results in nerve damage. This occurs due to the inefficient usage of insulin hormone in the body. More than 60 diabetic patients shows one or the other signs of neuropathy. The latter can aggravate to more complicated problems, if the blood sugar levels are not kept in check. Here is a list of some natural remedies that will help you fight diabetic neuropathy.
- Controlling the blood sugar level: It is important to maintain a healthy blood sugar level to prevent any further damage of blood vessels, nerves, skin, eyes and other parts of the body. The best way to keep your blood sugar in check is by maintaining a healthy diet, exercising on a daily basis and living a stress-free life. Frequent blood sugar tests should be conducted to ensure that the readings are within the accepted level.
- A proper diet: Diet of a person has a direct effect on the blood sugar levels. Intake of refined carbs and sugar drinks should be strictly avoided to stabilize blood sugar. Fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and fiber, and are antioxidant in nature should be consumed regularly. Other food items such as wild-caught fish, olive oil, nuts, avocado, coconut oil, egg whites (albumen), legumes and stevia greatly help in maintaining blood sugar level.
- Exercise and physical activity: A study conducted by the Journal of Diabetes Complications in 2012 reported that daily exercise significantly helps a diabetic neuropathy patient to bring down the blood sugar to a more accepted level. Walking for a span of 30-45 minutes daily, performing mild exercises, cycling and swimming lower the blood sugar level. They also help the body in using the insulin in a much better fashion, reducing cholesterol and improving blood circulation in the body. Additionally, daily exercise strengthens muscles and increases mobility.
- Refrain from toxic chemicals: Chemicals such as pesticides, beauty products and unnecessary antibiotics can lead to kidney stone formation for a patient of diabetic neuropathy. Toxic wastes in the blood aggravate the symptoms of diabetes leading to other complications. Consumption of alcohol or any other nicotine-related products should be stopped as well. They tend to damage the nerve and increase the risk of heart attacks and cardiac arrests.
- Stress management: Stress is another culprit responsible for enhancing diabetic neuropathy. It not only escalates the blood sugar level, but also increases the chance of cardiac-related diseases such as cardiac arrest and strokes. Exercise, meditation, practicing hobbies, spending time with friends and family are few ways of relieving stress. Studies have shown that alternate treatments such as acupuncture can also relieve you from stress to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.