Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. VenkateswaranYour feedback matters!
Hi i Am 27 years old female. Am suffering from severe ear pain, later I found that below my ear where neck and ear join swelling is thr and its giving terrible pain and also inside my mouth the right side ear which giving pain that side of my mouth where tongue is starting that part is found to be reddish. The pain is terrible. Please suggest tablet. Previous I took genticyn drops and combiflam tablet.
I'm having acid like feeling early in the morning with a feel of acid at my throat. What should I do?
Sir kya aap muje iska reason bta skte he ki kyo yah gale(throat) ka dard hota h or ise hamesha ke liye kese chutkara pa skte h.
Some times I feel sudden vertigo and weakness for 3 to 4 seconds with irritation dont want to talk any body at that time. No pain any where at that time and feel very weakness for some time. In last six month it happens 4 to 5 times. What may be the cause and treatment. My HB is 15.7. And all blood reports are normal like CBC, LFT KFT LIPID and T3 T4 TSH.
I have this problem wherein I constantly have thick mucus in my throat. I have wheat allergy and house dust allergy however even after taking care of that it hasn't gone. Can you suggest anything on it. I also have had 2 septoplasties.
I have been having snoring issue for quite some time now. I am also overweight. Wife has started sleeping in a different room. What do I do?
Recently my pregnancy is 18 week or 3 days. I gone through cooler doplar and found one side nasal bone is absent nd other side of nasal bone is hypoplastic. So I want to clarify that is the sign of down sidrom.
Hi doctor, I am suffering from sinus problem from my childhood I had taken many medications for this but I am not cured so can you please help me.
I'm 20 years old I have a throat pain I can't even speak for more tym. Please tell me any solutions. I can't even drink water properly.
What are symptoms of sinus. Nd there is any treatment of this disease or not. Will you answer to all my questions.?
I am 60 years old i. E 61 running. Now I am suffering from throat paid, severe cold i. E liquid comes out from nose without my knowledge and no satisfaction after consuted ent doctors. Why?
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm.