Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
My son is 2 months old and has only breast milk. His poops are yellow color but it stinks and it is sticky. Also he does not poop everyday, he poops after two or three days.
My son is 9 years old and few days back was having viral and was given antibiotics for six days but now he regularly complains of pain in calf muscles and ankle.
Hello sir I am 26 year old a married person having a 2 year old daughter. What is the best method to avoid pregnancy.
My daughter is 12 years old her face texture has changed. She has got tiny heat pimples on her forehead and on back of her neck. She has got blackheads on her nose. She uses antidandruf shampoo for her hair and clean and clear face wash. Can you suggest how to remove that blackhead and improve her skin texture.
Hi sir My kid s 4 years old baby girl. She s having sleeplessness. By birth she s like that. It s very difficult maintain my kid to sleep. Bt she's very active. We also facing like sleeping problem by her. Cani get any ayurvedic medicine for my child.
Sir my son is 13 years old. He have obesity. His weight is about 70 Kg. Let me know the simplest way to loose weight of my son. Due to nature of my job I can't spare more time for my family. I will be thankful if you solve this problem. Thanks Umesh Khinvasara.
My baby is 2.5 months now and I am to start office works from April. Is it safe giving my baby stored breast milk? I have seen few ads on it. Is it suggested to be given? Are there any harms that can happen to the baby? If to start other home made food items what is the right time?
Hello Dr. I'm recently blessed with a Baby girl. C is going to b 1 month old in 2 days. From last 4 days I'm noticing that my baby is having problem in urinating. Like whenever c urge to pee she cries very hard as if in too much pain N forces too mch in abdominal region. After forcing and crying N trying 2 or 3 minz later she cud pee. And this happens every time she urinates. Earlier c wasn't like dat. Is there anything serious? Is she having infection? I'm too much worried. Kindly suggest.
Sir my 5 months baby girl looks week and she sucking her all finger all time after feeding. Can I give her any other think.
I am suffering from loo for last two or three days. Give me a proper suggestions to get out from loo.
My 6 yrs daughter not taking regular food at lunch and dinner time. Always avoid and saying not hungry. Toilet also go on alternative day. Although Health wise good. Please suggest any checkup to be done or any medicine required to be given.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.
Merit daughter ki age 8 year 8 month hai. Ye abhi bhi vista pe pesab kart hai. Weight 18.5 kg and height 121cm hai. Kya ye normal hai if not please suggest me. Thanks.
How do you deal with a one year old child who doesn't want to eat anything other than the mothers milk?
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.