Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Sneezing, slight fever redness in the eyes, every month this problem will be present for my daughter who is of 8 yrs of age.
My child 15 year male suffering from adhd disease he has not control his bathroom in bed at sleeping time every time please suggests to solve this problem he has doing bathroom in every 15 to 20 minute.
Hi. But she cries for to long till she brings out her food. She almost vomit coz she screams and cry. And lack of sleeps in nights.
My son is 6 years old nowadays he is not eating anything specially home cook food. I am quite worried about him nd his health.
Now my baby 6 month old. Now I take blood sugar level and thyroid test. Test result BLOOD GLUCOSE (F) Method: GOD-POD=113 mg/dl BLOOD GLUCOSE (PP) Method: GOD-POD= 145 mg/dl Thyroid FREE T3 Method :ECLIA=5.76 pg/ml. Ref. Val 2.38-4.37 FREE T4 Method: ECLIA = 18.68 pmol/L.Ref.val 12.40-20.40 TSH-ECLIA Method: ECLIA = 0.093 uIU/ml. Ref. Val 0.44-3.63 Pls explain this test result. Which tablet I take .doc said eltroxin 50 mg nly. And sugar tablet not prescribe.
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy. It is prescribed by a physician and carefully monitored by a dietitian. It is stricter than the modified Atkins diet, requiring careful measurements of calories, fluids, and proteins.
The name ketogenic means that it produces ketones in the body (keto = ketone, genic = producing). Ketones are formed when the body uses fat for its source of energy.
Usually the body uses carbohydrates (such as sugar, bread, pasta) for its fuel, but because the ketogenic diet is very low in carbohydrates, fats become the primary fuel instead.
Ketones are not dangerous. They can be detected in the urine, blood, and breath. Ketones are one of the more likely mechanisms of action of the diet; with higher ketone levels often leading to improved seizure control. However, there are many other theories for why the diet will work.
My daughter loves to watch TV Ipad same time but only during holidays otherwise I'm strict about it is that cause any problems please advise.
My baby bazel is 15 months old and he is not crawling ,not standing & not walking. He is only rolling and sitting. Kindly suggest what should I do.
My son aged 12+ years. His urine passes drop by drop in his pants in day time & not in night. How can it be cured?
my son age 16 yr last few days stumuck pain ultrasound is ok i am worried please tell me the reason for pain
When babies graduate from liquids to semi-solids, their diet needs to be tasty as well as healthy. This is the time where immunities are built and how well they eat now will largely decide how fit they will be in the years to come. Selecting their diet is crucial. Papaya is one item which is highly recommended in a baby's diet. Here are the reasons why:
1)Eyesight - Papayas are good for eyesight as they have vitamin A. At a stage when your baby is developing his eyesight, a little help from what he eats will do wonders.
2)Blood Generation - Papayas are known to increase blood count.
3)Digestion - Papayas improve digestion. Since babies are mostly in sedentary position, digestion needs assistance. Mashed papayas are a good idea for this.
4)Skin Problems - Papayas control skin ulcers.
5)Brain - Papayas facilitate brain development which is very important for babies.
6)Bones - Papayas are good for bones. Apart from the oil massages and milk intake, this would also add to the benefit.
7)Muscles - Papayas strengthen the muscles as well.
8)Immunity Building - Papayas are a good source of vitamin C and folate. It strengthens your child’s immune system.
9)Intestinal Worms - Infants at times suffer with the problem of parasitic worms in their intestines. Small amounts of dried papaya seeds with honey can be useful in controlling these intestinal worms.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My son is now 20 months healthy boy. I want to stop breastfeeding now. He is eating regular food but have a strong crave for my milk. Can I take medicine available in market such as cabergoline .25 mg? Milk supply is high. Want to stop it. Pls help.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!