Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vastal SruthiYour feedback matters!
My son is 20 month. At born time he has thyroid. After that we Doesn't done any test. What to do now? Is there any harmful effect of that please guide me.
Maintaining good oral hygiene has now become all the more important. A new study has linked the cause of migraines to be a specific type of bacteria present in mouth and gut. People complaining of splitting headaches is fairly common place nowadays. Statistics in india show that nearly one third indian women and one fifth of indian men suffer from this type of headache.
Symptoms of migraine include:
Moderate to severe pain that affects the whole head or may shift to one side
Increased sensitivity to light, sound and pungent odour
Blurring of vision
Nausea and/or vomiting
Seeing dark spots in front of eyes
There are three different types of headaches- severe headache, cluster headache and migraine.
Headache is simply unpleasant pain in the head region of varying intensity. Cluster headache is intense one sided headache with tearing in the eye of the side of the pain. Migraines are moderate to severe pain in the head, usually diffuse and presents along with the above stated symptoms.
Causes of migraine:
Knowing what causes migraine can help avoid it. Common causes that affect different people are as follows:
Hormonal changes and supplements
Over use of contraceptive pills
Sleeping in small closed rooms with inadequate ventilation
Overuse of mosquito repellent
Bad oral hygiene
Overuse of pain killers
Food that triggers migraine:
Many people experience migraine because of different food items. Identify your trigger and then try hard to avoid it.
Processed and canned meat products
Onions, potatoes, spinach, and over eating of rice
Since many years now, nitrate medicines have been used to maintain cardiovascular health and previous research has revealed that heart patients who were given medications containing nitrates routinely complained of headaches. The migraineurs had high nitrate levels, but the actual connection to link the two had not been established until now.
Researchers at the university of california-san diego investigated this further to identify the connection between what the migraineurs eat that alters their experience with migraines. Bacterial sequencing was done on the 172 participants of samples collected from their mouth and gut. Tests showed an abundance of nitrate reducing bacteria in their faecal samples, but even more in their mouth bacteria.
The study published in the journal msystems has identified the link between oral bacteria and migraine, but it is still not evident whether these bacteria are the cause or a result of migraine. But even then it is best to stay safe from our side by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a good oral hygiene. Migraine is often neglected by the patients and hence becomes difficult to treat. Identify the above triggers and causes of migraine and consult a physician if you have any of them.
Here are some tips on root canal treatments and dental implants
Hello Sir/mam baby ke baare me pta Karna hai baby ka birth 10 fabruary 2016 KO huya h cezerian or delivery date 17 march bola gya tha or baby kaafi kamjor hai abh baby 45 day se uper lekin kaafi sust hai samne se muskurati nhi hai na hi pahchnti h ankhe humne test karayi hai bilkul thik hai lekin baccha Etna sust kyu hai or ma ka dudh nhi bann ta jayda us karan use gaay ka dudh bhi de rhe hai. Plzzz bataye.
There is a kid about 11 months old in my locality. I noticed that he is v anaemic though the child is very playful. What should be done? I think parents are not providing proper diet. Child also looks small in size.
My baby is seven months old. As I have to join my office. He is given Lactogen and cerelac for day. He is having whitish stool and some black laces also. What should I do?
My baby was about 2 months and she was continuously going motions what should be done to stop motions.
Hi doc, my baby is 6 and half months old. We are living in Bangalore. I am giving my baby ragi 2 times a day. I heard that giving more ragi will cause fits in babies. Climate is also too cold here. Pls suggest.
My 12 year old grand-daughter has low fever, 100-101 f and neck pain. Fever from last 3 days and neck pain today. Please advise.
My baby is 7 month (premature). Now he is now 52 days old. Recently we had giving him vaccine for 6 weeks. Now he is getting continously fever. After giving him medicine he will be fine for 1hrs. Then again fever will come. So, please suggest what should we need to be do for his fever? or we need to go for doctor? vaccine had given on 08.06. 2015.
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.
What should we give to 2 years old baby in his diet and also which meal should give them a proper balanced diet?
I have 3 months baby. He is not sleeping at night. What to make him sleep at night? He is sleeping in the morning. If not to make him sleep in the morning he starts crying so how to make him to sleep in. Night?
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.