Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vastal SruthiYour feedback matters!
I'm breastfeed my 14 months old baby but I am losing weight gradually every month I am loosing 1-2 kg. Is it normal or there is any health issues.
Hi, I have two daughters. My younger daughter is 3 years old and she is very prone to disease. Her immune system is very weak. Always try to avoid her meals. Every month she get ill. Please suggest something for her.
A kid at our home who is just 2 months old have a bit of cold and is been given an hepatitis b vaccine bcoz of which he is suffering a lot of pain. What should be done in such a situation?
Dear Sir/Madam. I am from Arunachal Pradesh, Kanubari Block. I have a baby girl 11 months and in january she will attain in 1 year. My question is that why she is not sleep as other child as we know that sleeping is very much essential to every child to grow fast. And also she is feeling unfree while doing toilet (piss). Kindly give me some suggestion as there is only one Community Health Centre and no any other hospital in the place.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My boy is 2 months 15 days old. He don't have 6th to 12th ribs of right side and he has curved spinal cord. What is the best treatment for him? Please tell me.
My daughter is 2 months old and I give her vitamin drops dhup daily and incidentally it fell on her eye. I immediately rinse off it with water and then put breast milk in her eye what should I do further for the same.
How to motivate him to get fit. He is 11 years old and little obsessed. Suggest me .what food should I give him.
There are two different types of pneumonia vaccines are available for the children. 1 is almost double the price of other. Which one should be preferred and why?
I want to ask about my nephew, who is 10 days old only, we give him lactogen-1 solution once in 2 hours and breast feed, but from 2 days he is not pooping, is it fine?
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
Sir I'v two sons. The elders on is 9 years old. He has problem with epilepsy for the last 4 years. His treatment is going on. He doesn't eat anything. So, his liver is very weak. What should I do?
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Hi my nephew is 3.5 years old. Past 3 days he is having stomach ache. He has no symptoms of loose motions or urination problem. Yesterday we went to doctor who advised cyclopam. The medicine is giving relief for 6 hours and again the problem is coming back. He is not eating properly as well but the pain is severe. Kindly advise on urgent basis.
Crying is often considered as a good sign for babies, especially when the baby is too small to talk about how he or she may be feeling. Crying is often an indicator that the baby is hungry or sleepy. But if your baby is crying a lot, it could also mean that he or she is in pain or distress. Blocked nasal passages, sudden shock, colic and indigestion problems are some of the most common problems that can cause frequent and constant crying. Homeopathy is a holistic approach that can help in treating persistent crying when it comes to babies. Read on to know more.
- Chamomilla: This medicine can be used when the child is whining relentlessly. It can also treat fretful behaviour, as well as irritability. Also, this medicine can be used when the child needs constant carrying around and petting. When the child is never still and suffering from earache or headache, this medicine can be used too.
- Cina: Screaming children and their discomfort can be treated with Cina. This medicine can also be used to treat symptoms like moaning and coughing along with anxious behaviour. Also, when children gasp for air and end up turning pale, this medicine can be prescribed. Further, the doctor may prescribe this medicine when the child is having nightmares and not getting enough sleep.
- Causticum: This medicine is ideal for children who are extremely sensitive and cry at the smallest instance. In such cases, the child will be cranky because of the threat of pain or idea of pain, rather than the actual pain. This child will usually cry persistently because of a low threshold of pain. In such cases, this medicine can help.
- Rheum: Impatience and vehemence can be treated with the help of this medicine. In many cases the child will be cranky throughout the night and toss all night as well. The child may even be cranky with his or her favourite items and toys. Unpleasantness is usually a part of a child’s behaviour in such cases. Rheum can help in tackling this problem with regular doses.
- Belladona: This medicine is helpful for children who begin to cry violently as if he or she is in severe pain. Teeth gritting and screams are common symptoms of children who will require this medicine. This is especially helpful when the child is crying without any apparent reason.
- Aconite: When the child cries constantly and becomes anxious, Aconite can be used to help soothe the child. This medicine can also help in cases where the child is scared of falling off to sleep and is anxious.