Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VarshaYour feedback matters!
We are trying for a baby past one year but I am unable to conceive. There is no thyroid problem in me neither in my husband. But my cycles are irregular. In dec I had my periods on 15 th n last month on 26 th jan. And also during relation sperms are not going completely inside of me. It is flowing outside. Please advise why the sperms are coming outside.
I have done my urine pregnancy test and it was positive my last periods was on 10 March 2016. Bhcg was 32650 and I have no such symptoms of pregnancy . is i am pregnant or not ?
Hello I wanna ask that my 13 days old baby is on breast feed but it is watery not milky. Is this normal or not? If not what should I do.
Hi I am 31 year old, now I got married since since 4 years, ago, i. E, 2011, in 2011 itself I had abortion for 8 weeks, again 2014 I conceived delivered a 6 months pre matured baby again now am pregnent of about 28 weeks, I do hear some weird sound like, burping, farting sound inside, sometimes it is very aloud, is this normal, secondly I had a cervical stich at 14th week, sometimes, if I turn left or right I do get pain upper part of urinating place, please kindly reply to my queries regards.
10 tips for finding the right shoes
Take a tracing of your foot with you. If the shoe is narrower or shorter than the tracing, don't even try it on.
Shop for shoes during the afternoon — your foot naturally expands with use during the day.
Wear the same type of socks to the store that you intend to wear with the shoes.
Have a salesperson measure both of your feet — and get measured every time you buy new shoes. Feet change with age, often growing larger and wider. If one foot is larger than the other, buy a size that fits the larger foot.
Stand in the shoes. Press gently on the top of the shoe to make sure you have about a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe. This provides enough room for your foot to press forward as you walk. Wiggle your toes to make sure there's enough room.
Walk around in the shoes to determine how they feel. Is there enough room at the balls of the feet? Do the heels fit snugly, or do they pinch or slip off? Don't rationalize that the shoes just need to be "broken in." Find shoes that fit from the start.
Trust your own comfort level rather than a shoe's size or description. Sizes vary between manufacturers. And no matter how comfortable an advertisement claims those shoes are, you're the real judge.
Pay attention to width as well as length. If the ball of your foot feels compressed in a particular shoe, ask if it comes in a wider size. Buying shoes that are a half-size bigger — but not any wider — won't necessarily solve the problem.
Feel the inside of the shoes to see if they have any tags, seams, or other material that might irritate your foot.
Examine the soles. Are they sturdy enough to provide protection from sharp objects? Do they provide any cushioning? Take note of how they feel as you walk around the shoe store. Try to walk on hard surfaces as well as carpet to see how the shoe feels on both.
Hello doctor I need reply for before question. .I already did home pregnancy test in kit that too early morning on 7th day of due means 37th day but it was negative . Please tell.
Plz tell me sir what will my breast fibroadenoma finally remove from homeopathic treatment and how much time for remove fibroadenoma please sir tell me because i'm get afraid cause off my problem.
What is Chancroid?
Chancroid is caused by the bacteria Haemophilus ducreyi. The bacteria usually attacks tissues and produce open sores which are termed as ulcers or chancroids. Both men and women are affected and the sores are usually found close to the external reproductive organs.
The ulcer might bleed and weep which produces contagious fluid. This can spread the bacteria during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. It can also spread from skin contamination. Thus it is a type of a venereal disease. Chancroids can be prevented by practicing safe sex practice.
Symptoms of Chancroid:
As both men and women can have chancroid, the symptoms may vary in both, but the initial symptoms begin one day to several weeks after contamination with the bacteria.
Symptoms in Men: A red, small bump on the genitals which usually changes to an open sore in a day or two. There can be ulcers on any area including the scrotum and penis.
Symptoms in Women: There might be 4 or more red bumps on the labia (folds covering the female genitals), thighs and between labia and anus. Once the bumps become open or ulcerated, they lead to a painful and burning sensation especially during bowel movements and urination.
Common Symptoms in Men and Women
The following symptoms can be seen:
The ulcers vary in size from 1/8 to 2 inches.
Ulcers present with having a soft center which is gray to yellowish ray, while the edges are sharp and defined.
There is pain while urinating and sexual intercourse.
Presence of swelling in the groin area (this is the area where the thigh and the lower abdomen meet).
In case the lymph nodes are swollen, they might break and lead to abscesses or pus collections. that often drain
Diagnosis of Chancroid:
Diagnosing of chancroid usually involves the collection of samples of the fluid which drain from sores. These samples are then sent to the laboratory for further investigations. Diagnosis through blood test is not possible yet. The doctor might also examine and assess the lymph nodes of the groin for pain and swelling.
Treatments of Chancroid:
Chancroid can be treated successfully with medication. The infection usually goes away without any treatment, but the medication only helps to accelerate the treatment with minimum scarring involved.
Treatment through Medication: Antibiotics are usually prescribed by the doctor to kill the bacteria responsible for the ulcers. Also, antibiotics reduce the chances of scarring.
Treatment through Surgery: In this the abscess of the lymph nodes which are painful and large can be drained. This decreases the pain and swelling, but might lead to slight scarring as the sore heals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello, We are trying to conceive for baby from past 2 months. While having sex my wife is feeling some pain during the intercourse as she is unable to get the natural lube produced soon. Latter though she gets it produced. But for initiation can we use some oil like Olive oil? Is it safe for sperm mobility and mortality. Any other natural lube that we can use during inter course which can increase the probability of conception.
I want to know what food items should be taken before the sex act and after it? FYI, the prevalent fads among Indians are to take a glass of beer or some intoxicant like black coffee or dark chocolate before. And after the act, and in order to get ready again, many guys are munching almonds, dates, elaichi and/or cashewnuts. They say it helps. can I have the benefit of your valuable, scientifically proven piece of advice ?
Although this might come as bit of a shock for most of you, the habit of sitting, acquired or inherent can lead to a lot of physical complications. Even with adequate exercise, the practice or compulsion to sit for too long, more than six hours at a stretch to be scientifically precise, can prove to be fatal. Or in a sense, it can at least have a detrimental effect on your life span.
Studies have revealed that sitting in front of the television for an hour if you’re above 25, can lessen your life expectancy by 22 minutes. The process might take effect sooner than you think, with the development of myriad complications such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, various forms of cancer, digestive problems and other orthopedic disorders of the waist and backbone. This becomes precarious, especially for those affiliated to professions that facilitate no mobility or those leading a sedentary lifestyle by choice.
If you are engaged in a desk job which involves a lot of sitting around for long hours, you should be worried about the ills that come along with it. Besides ophthalmological disorders, obesity, painful and stiff joints, sitting can also induce further serious problems involving the heart. To avoid this, make sure you take regular breaks to get up and walk at regular intervals, a little bit of neck and stretching exercises that is affordable in the given space. Avoid sitting on your rear for more than half of the day at all costs.
Standing in a fully upright posture burns a lot of calories, so even simply standing after a period of prolonged sitting can prove beneficial. For instance, it is advisable to watch the last ten minutes of a show or match standing up. Evening walks and morning walks are a good practice to lessen the amount of time spent on the chair. Regular and habitual jogging or running regimens help in getting you out of the infamous couch potato syndrome. Make sure you sit in a correct and erect posture while working on the computer or watching the television. Avoid long hours of prolonged sitting in front of these devices at home, especially if you are already compelled to do so at office. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
I have a ovarion cyst since last one year sized 6 *6 cms ,& manstrul cycle is disturbed what is the remedy/ ot operate it ,from last 5 moths mc is total stoped my age is 41 and weight is 67 highte 5.1
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.
Healthy navratri fasting
With the onset of chaitra navratras, it’s again the time to fast.
Instead of fasting, most of us end up feasting on high-calorie food.
Follow this tips to fast in a healthy manner:-
- Eat small meals at regular intervals like fruits, nuts, dry fruits, coconut, makhanna.
- Use spices like cumin, black jeera, turmeric, choti elachi, saboot kali mirchi, khuskhus and water melon seeds. Fresh coriander, mint, green chillies and ginger wil help in keeping stomach well.
- Milk products like milk, yoghurt and paneer will give necessary proteins.
- Flours used are — singhare ka atta, kottu ka atta, rajgiri ka atta, saboodana, arrowroot and samak will provide energy.
- Vegetables like – potatoes, raw papaya, sweet potato, bhopla, arbi, raw banana will benefit.
- Hydrate well with lots of water, coconut water, lemon water, herbal tea.
Most important thing to follow during navratri is the purity of heart and thoughts. Think good! do good! speak good! be calm and peaceful!
One’s pregnancy is a time when one must be extremely vigilant about a proper diet and good exercise regime that will benefit the child and mother in equal measure. A balanced diet during pregnancy and enough of it is essential for your child to develop and grow in a healthy manner. You need to up your daily intake by 300 to 350 calories per day. Women carrying twins require 500 calories extra each day. Despite the fact that nausea during the initial months of pregnancy can make this troublesome, try to eat a properly balanced diet and take prenatal vitamins.
Here is a guide to a healthy diet during pregnancy:
- Eat a variety of food items to get a good amount of the nutrients, which your body requires. 3 main meals and 3 small meals should be taken each day.
- Pick fruits and ingredients that are high in fiber like whole grain breads, oats, beans, pasta and rice. In case you take a fiber supplement, increase the dose you take, slowly. This can get rid of gas and cramping. It is just as essential to drink enough fluids when you increase your fiber consumption.
- Ensure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals daily. Your specialist can suggest an over-the-counter supplement or recommend a prenatal vitamin for you.
- Eat and drink no less than four servings of dairy items and calcium-rich food products a day to guarantee that you are getting at least 1,000 milligrams of calcium on a daily basis.
- Eat at least three servings of iron-rich foods such as spinach, beans, lean meat and breakfast cereals every day to ensure that you are getting 27 milligrams of iron each day.
- While you are pregnant, you will require 220 micrograms of iodine a day to guarantee for your child's brain and sensory system growth. Look for dairy items like milk, cheese, and yogurt. In addition, baked potatoes, cooked beans, limited portions of fish like cod, salmon, and shrimp can be very healthy.
- Consume at least one good source of vitamin C consistently. For instance, oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, papaya, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, green peppers, tomatoes and mustard greens. Pregnant women require 80 to 85 milligrams of vitamin C a day.
- Every pregnant woman needs one milligram of folate each day to counteract neural tube defects like spina bifida. Folic acid is an essential choice when you are pregnant.
- Consume at least one source of vitamin A each day. Sources of vitamin A are carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, spinach, water squash, turnip greens, beet greens, apricots, and melon.
It was bleeding 3rd month pregnancy. Gynaecologist suggested to take mtp. Due to empty sac present. As suggested .I had miso tabs (8) and office 200 for 7 days. After 6-7 days bleeding also controlled. Now it is 10 days. I am feeling itching in my vagina. While pissing. I am observing some particles. Coming out.(but not bleeding. Is DNC required? How to get rid of this infection? Still I am using office 200.
Nowadays, people just don't feel like cooking at home. Ordering takeout is the way to go today. It has become a regular part of your diet. But it is extremely detrimental to your health. You may lick your fingers and savor the moment after that lip smacking bucket of fried chicken or the burger you just polished off, but in the long run, a whole lot of health problems are going to follow suit.
- Restaurant food is extremely fattening and can raise your cholesterol levels sky high. Obesity is now a major modern health problem, which is affecting children since the young age. In adults, it increases the risk of Type 2 diabetes. To our brain, this food is often very rewarding, and we tend to overeat as a result.
- The meat in your burger is so laden with artificial chemicals, that it is hardly nutritive. It is essentially scrap meat that is fattened up and flavored to suit your taste buds. It contains high amounts of ammonia, a chemical that is found in your bathroom cleaning liquid and that is hardly fit for human consumption.
- It is extremely addictive, where the more frequently you eat it, the more you crave it, until you lose all self-control. If you eat restaurant food more than once a week, you have fallen prey to the most common trend of today.
- Restaurant chains are nowadays trying to lure customers with healthier options like salads or soups, but they're hardly healthy and are instead full of preservatives
- The desserts and sodas that you love are full of artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup. Sugar is hardly nutritious and only adds to energy levels, which when not burnt off lead to all the oodles of fat in your belly. It can also increase your resistance to insulin.
- A lot of the ingredients in restaurant food are processed foods that contain artificial chemicals like colorants, preservatives, artificial flavors and textures. Its harmful nature can never be stressed upon enough.
- Eating refined flour on a regular basis is a big no-no. Its carbohydrates are difficult for the digestive tract to break down, once again leading it to being accumulated. Don't get mislead by promises of 'whole grain' items; for even they are whole grain, they are broken down to finer flour that hardly retains its nutritive value.
No wonder it's called 'junk food', it only brings harm to your body. Make a conscious effort to replace it with real, fresh food that actually contains nutrients and not artificial chemicals.