Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VarshaYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods and while periods the flow is not enough this is happening from last 5 to 6 months
Normal pregnancy lasts for 38 to 42 weeks. However, there may be times during these weeks that you may have some physical issues such as vomiting, backache, and loose stools etc which require treatment with medicines.
Therefore, monitoring and managing these physical conditions becomes necessary to ensure a normal delivery. Management consists of both medicines and rehabilitation. Medicines are considered to be the first line of treatment; however, the health care provider needs to take care while prescribing medicines during pregnancy taking into consideration the harmful effects they can have on both – the mother and the foetus. Medicines pass on via the placenta from the mother to the foetus. Hence, before prescribing any medicine the provider should check the possibilities of the medicine causing any congenital defect. You should avoid medicines from the time of conception till the first 10 weeks, as this is the time when the foetus is most prone to the get permanent congenital deformities. Medicines given in the later stages (after 10 weeks) may cause systemic damage. For example NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) may lead to problems during labour or organ defects in the foetus.
Therefore, medicines should always be avoided during pregnancy. Still there are certain medicines, which can be taken but after consulting your physician. Let’s discuss the medicines that are safe during pregnancy.
The following is a list of medicines and their effects during pregnancy:
1. Analgesic Medicines
|NSAIDs, such as aspirin||May cause heart abnormalities in the third trimester|
|Codeine||Effective in low doses|
|Hydrocodone||Effective in low doses|
|Hydromorphone||Effective in low doses|
|Etomidate||Unknown always ask your provider|
|Ketamine||Avoid during the last trimester|
|Lorazepam||Avoid for severe conditions, safe for short periods|
4. Thrombolytics - The possible advantages of this class may balance the risk during pregnancy. Common medicines used are: Alteplase, Reteplase, Streptokinase, Urokinase.
|Hydroxycobalamin antidote: cyanide||Safe|
|Methylene blue antidote: methemoglobinemia||Has a potential risk to the mother and foetus|
|First generation: penicillin G, benzathine penicillin, Bicillin, penicillin VK||Safe|
|Second generation: oxacillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin||Safe|
7. Cardiac agents
|Digoxin||Not advised in third trimester|
8. Diabetes: Insulin is safe to use during diabetes.
10. Corticosteroids: Advised for short term use
Always talk to your physician in case of any complication and before taking any medicine given above.
I have a friend who is 20 year old, during her periods she used to suffer from intense stomachache. Is there any solution?
Hi Dr. My hubby as a low sperm count from 8-11 mill/ml & also high abnormal range from 97-99% he doesn't have any kind of of sex interest, can we use his sperms for ivf treatment please tell me his body is overheated he don't want to take any multivitamin tablets at all if he takes incase he start getting heating sensation from his eyes plz suggest me. He is 42 years old and I'm 36 yrs.
Hi yestday I do sex with my friend one or two drop of doer fastly go inside to my frnd. After I ask my frnd she did not identify anything. I have doubt if my friend becomes pregnant or not pregenat.
I want to do sex with my girlfriend. But I don't know which is the safe period or when I do sex with her so that she will not get pregnant. Please tell me which is the safe period, how many days before or after of her period? Please sir tell me in details. Thank you.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
I am 48 years female having osteopenia and reached menopause for 2 yrs. Have gas problem and uterus fibroid. What home remedy should I have?
Hi I have gone through 2D Echo n everything seems to be normal. It states mild TR with no PAH is it a concern to worry as I'm 35 weeks pregnant. N having severe chest pain.
She resulted positive in pregnancy test. Missed her cycle by a month. Internet says that misoprostol can be taken to abort the fetus. Is that true and does it contain certain risk?
- do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.