Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vanita RautYour feedback matters!
Hi Got my periods on 6th of april, last month I got by 16th, so 10 says early I got my periods this month. Had unprotected sex a day and took contraceptive pill with in 24 hrs. Today I saw few brown spotting. What does that mean?
My wife 51years old is having multiple ovarian cysts about 30mm sizes, since 15years without pain. What should be done?
I am 26 years old women, mujhe period time to time pe ata hai six months ho gayi hai mujhe koi pregnancy nahi hui hai.
Madam, I am 34 years women, I have thyroid for 3 months, I have one child, no periods regularly and face, legs big. Please suggest my problems.
I want to know about contraceptive pills, not emergency one. Anything that can be taken frequently without side effects for regular sex.
Hi, I have problem that is my wife is pregnant of one month but we have a 8 months baby boy so we do want baby so early? Please suggest some medicine names and procedures. Pls help.
I am 36 years old female & 6 months pregnant now. I get burning sensation if I eat anything after 6 pm. Also I am not even able to drink water in night, immediately I vomit.
Sir my frnd has not coming periods. And she is very sad. So sir please give me reasons why she has not coming periods.
I'm 18 years old and suffering from pcos since 4 years . I ws on medications but it didn't work out. It only showed temporary results. So I thought to give a try to natural remedies. While searching I got to know apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, licorice , flaxseed, fenugreek and other stuffs. And avoid dairy and soy products. So I want to know whether these things are really beneficial for curing pcos and hairfall caused due to it? Also can you please list out what should I eat and avoid. And should I consider these remedies? Can you suggest what test should I do to check hormone level.
Can I conceive after taking fluconazole 150 for 1 month. Doctor told me only after 6 months you can conceive. Before that if I conceive (after 2 months of medicine conception) is there any problem.
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your sex without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
- Intra Uterine Device: A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off.
- This causes puncture in the uterus.
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting.
- Depo Provera Hormonal Injection: This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue.
- Decrease of bone density.
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place.
- Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and blood clots in very rare cases.
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted.
- Condoms: Effective condoms are made of latex or polyurethane. Unrolled, condoms look like long, thin balloons. They prevent body fluids from mixing when two people have sex. The condom is put onto the penis before the penis comes into contact with the vagina, mouth, or anus. General Tips:
- Use a water based lubricant to decrease the chance of the condom breaking.
- To decrease the chance of the condom slipping down the penis or falling off inside the vagina, pull the penis out of the vagina right after ejaculation.
- Hold the rim of the condom onto the shaft of the penis during withdrawal.
- Never use more than one condom at a time.
- Never re-use a condom.
- Vaginal Ring: Mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache.
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
- Diaphragm: A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
- Hormonal implants: This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery.
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out.
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted.
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.