Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. V Pranav SavarthYour feedback matters!
I am 50 yrs - my father recently succumbed to prostate cancer. What is your advice to prevent prostate enlargement.
I am suffering from fever and headache during study period. Please solve my problem. And give prescriptions. Thank you.
Hi dear Sir madam I am suffering from stomach pain since three weeks ago as I walked into the local doctor but it's still continuing please assist me what should I do.
My palms are allergenic. If I touch any detergent or any rough surface for a while, it itches a lot. Can I get answer for this. Thank you.
I have severe neck pain. I Couldn' t able to sleep in night due to this pain. I have consulted ortho doctor as well as physiotherapy Dr. But pain remains same for the hole day. I m working in IT company. But even leave days also I feel severe neck pain. Which specialist Dr I need to check and help me to get rid of the pain
Now a days I am suffering from pain in the morning when I wakes up in my whole body. To overcome such situation I started morning walk together with some jogging as well as I started playing outdoor games. But my problem remains the same and increasing day and sometimes I am feeling heavy fever and cold. Now a days I am very much sensitive to drastic weather changes. I got cold very soon as weather changes, so sir/mam kindly suggest me a proper cure so that I can sustain a better, happy and healthy life again. Thanking you from the core of my heart.
Sir my father had digestion problem for 4 years we do not take any medication. He had gas trouble problem continuously. His stomach. He can digest some food. He always saying that he had motion trouble everyday. Past month he suffered from severe motion ailments but its ok now. Major issue was gas trouble doctor. He was suggested to take laxative powder. Pls help us doctor.
I have stomach problems when I eat something then my stomach is getting pain and then I go to washroom what should I do.
I find my mouth dry, cold deep inside, grip less with my fist and backache, when wake up in the morning.
While you may be controlling your portions and ensuring that your meals are healthy, the snacks in between the big meals may still be causing your body harm. The packets of chips that you may open will not only add calories, but other harmful chemicals as well.
There are other healthier options out there which you can use to replace it and still satisfy your cravings.
- Kurmura or puffed rice: A staple snack in many parts of India, kurmura comes in many varieties and mixtures that are quite popular. Some examples are jhalmuri, bhelpuri and others. While mixing it with other things such as farsan, nuts and chana are good, excessive use of oil or sweet spices may increase its calorific value. Thus refrain from these additions.
- Khakra: A great Indian snack that comes from Gujarat, this is a form of flatbread which can be consumed on its own or with chutneys. This is very low in fats and oil and is one of the tastiest snack alternatives around.
- Masala corn: Corn is considered to be a very healthy and nutritious snack on its own. However, you can add various types of masala or have a roast corn cob with salt and lime dressing, which is an already favoured snack all over India.
- Nuts: Assorted nuts such as almonds, peanuts, pistachios can be a very filling snack without the need for large quantities of it. However, don't consume too much of it as certain varieties do contain considerable amounts of fat and thus moderation is the key here.
- Soya sticks: A new entrant into the Indian market, soya sticks are baked and then laced with spices. Soya tends to have protein while not much fat and thus it can be a healthy as well as a tasty snack. Soya sticks are usually laced with various kinds of masala.
- Chickpeas or chana: This is another snack which can come in many forms such as roasted, boiled or even as a paste in the form of hummus. It contains a lot of protein but very little fat. Chickpeas can be had either on their own or mixed with nuts or other forms of mixture.
- Baked snacks: Various forms of snacks which are baked instead of fried can be a good alternative as well. Baked versions of potato chips and other snacks are increasingly available in stores across India.
My grandmother have a burning sensation in nervous mainly at hands side can you say the reason and why it happened for this we should take any special diet.
Science has now discovered that virtually everything to do with weight loss for both men and women is controlled by one master hormone. This hormone that controls 100% of your body’s ability to burn fat is Leptin. Researchers recently discovered that women naturally have twice as much of the fat burning hormone Leptin in their body compared to men, thus making it difficult for women to lose weight compared to men. You become leptin-resistant by the same general mechanism that you become insulin-resistant – by continuous overexposure to high levels of the hormone. If you eat a diet that is high in sugar (particularly fructose), grains, and processed foods – the same type of diet that will also increase inflammation in your body – as the sugar gets metabolized in your fat cells, the fat releases surges in leptin.
Newer methods of managing diabetes and obesity –Diabesity is centered around this hypothesis which many times termed as central obesity ( white fat cells and brown fat cells ) cancer-boosting "white" fat cells to less harmful "brown" fat (a heat-generating type of fat that burns energy instead of storing it. while researchers investigate the pharmaceutical avenues to convert white fat cells to brown in an effort to reduce the potential for cancer growth, other research has already shown that this can likely be achieved through exercise.
Thus normal blood sugar with diet and exercise-lifestyle modification can increase your brown fat cells which in turn helps in reducing fat storage, reducing insulin resistance and leptin resistance and obesity.