Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. V A KaliYour feedback matters!
I'm 34 year female. Bp of both side are up and stress in my mind. And head moves and I take domstal tab. Also. please advice me.
Dear sir, I am 45yrs old diabetics from last 12 yrs now started blood pressure also and always its coming 160/100. Currently taking following medicine. Huminsulin 18"14. Glymy 2 forte 1"1. Cilacar 20 1"1. Telsar beta 50 1"1. Prazoexcel 5 1"1 ecosprin 150 1 extor -10 x1 but not much more improvement in my health. Kindly advise.
My skin is pale. Cold hand n feet. No appetite. Weakness, sometimes having low Blood pressure . Joint pain back pain. N not having periods for more than 1 month. please tell me whats the reason of not getting periods. What to do now.
I have started taking thyronorm 1 tab since one month, I feel some discomfort in my chest. Is this common?
I am 32 years old. My BP level is 150/80. I have taken telmisartan 40 MG o. D daily. Last 3 months I didn't take medicine. Today I going to blood test and my creatine is 1.7. My question is stopping the hypertension tablets is increase blood creatine.
I have blood pressure of 150/92 how I can reduce it to 130/84? my age is 49 yrs. Pls guide me medically.
I am suffering from high blood pressure. Near 110/170. Kindly suggest good treatment for this condition.
My mother had a minor heart attack n is undergoing dialysis was on ventilator for 3 days has cough in her chest not able to breath.
Hello Doctor, I'm 21 years old. I have cold from yesterday. I took cetrizine so now I feel good. But back pain and chest pain and foot pain. And I feel all body pain. So what is the treatment.
Dear Sir, 3 months back my mother had a heart attack. She had an angioplasty surgery now she is fine but some of my seniors say that it is just a preliminary step, she needs to have bypass surgery at the earliest. Kindly advise.
I have a pain in my left lung in heart area sometime its paining not everytime what's should I do to get relief?
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.