Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ushma DoshiYour feedback matters!
I'm a 34 years old mother of 2 girls, and a 14 years old son. My son has always been a loving, caring, well behaved child. Only problem that we have had is the first years and a half of middle school as he was focused on being cool. He's grades began to slip for a short period. Recently I found out that he gently rubbed my 16 years old sisters butt, and tried to slide his hand down her panties while she was asleep, one night while she and my mom came for a visit. My little sis slept in his bed, and he slept on floor beside the bed. He got as far as his knuckles when he pulled his had away. He says he stopped he felt guilty" Gross and disgusted" were the words he used. It truly flabbergasted me that he did this. I didn't believe it when I was told he had done this. He has always been a caring child. A kid that truly cared about other's feelings. My question is. Could this be normal exploration even though he chose to do this to a sleeping young lady, or could this be something that I should worry about as I have a 12 years old daughter, and a 3 year old daughter that doesn't speak well yet? I love my son and I'm very worried about this. Does he need counseling?
My baby is 8 months old. I started to give oats to my baby. Is it good for my baby? I give homemade cerelac and ragi porridge.
My daughters (twins) 2 months old is refusing to breast feed after introducing them to bottle a week back (for supplement). What r the ways to make them breastfeed again?
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!