Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Ramakrishna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
One of the common complaints associated with sexual intercourse, is vaginal bleeding. This bleeding can occur during the course of intimacy or after it. Post intercourse bleeding is also termed as post-coitus bleeding. This is known as post costal bleeding. Doctor should be consulted immediately as it may be a sign of hidden cervical cancer.
Reasons behind vaginal bleeding
1. In most cases, the bleeding is risk free. It could be due to extreme friction, causing damage to superficial blood vessels in the cervix. It is important to use adequate lubrication; otherwise the consequences could be annoyingly painful.
2. If your period dates are nearby, the source of the blood could be from your uterus.
3. Benign growths, cysts, polyps on the cervix can cause bleeding. They are small fragile growths that rupture easily.
4. There can also be bleeding due to inflammations that occur as a reaction to a condom or a diaphragm.
When can vaginal bleeding be difficult?
- Vaginal bleeding after sex can often be a warning sign of ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is when implantation of an embryo takes place outside the uterus, commonly inside the fallopian tubes.
- Bleeding every time after intercourse is also a common symptom of endometriosis. It occurs when the inner lining of the uterus, called the endometrial tissue, appears outside it. Endometrial tissue can attach itself to other surrounding organs in the pelvic region, generally, the abdomen, causing searing pain. It is also a major cause of infertility.
- Another cause of vaginal bleeding is atrophic vaginitis, a health condition mostly affecting older women, especially those who have reached menopausal age. This is due to the massive decline in the levels of estrogen that causes vaginal dryness and irritation.
- Sexually transmitted diseases could be a serious cause of vaginal bleeding. It is generally accompanied by several other symptoms such as vaginal odour, discharge, pelvic pain, inflammations. It should receive immediate medical attention.
- Vaginal bleeding could be a sign of cancer. It could be vaginal, ovarian, uterine or cervical cancer. It requires medical attention without any delay.
Most of the time, the reasons for post coitus bleeding is harmless. However, if it persists, you must pay a visit to your gynaecologist as soon as possible and get a thorough evaluation done. This could save the condition from worsening and also diagnose any other underlying medical condition at an early, curable stage.
My g.f is 26 years old, her periods comes on 10th date ,after sex at 16 may ,she take a tablet of ipill, then again period 25th may, then check home pregnancy test it is negative and after 1 month and 5 days there is no any symptoms of pregnancy and home pregnancy result will also be negative bt there is problem her periods had not come after 1 month and 5 days.
How to get pregnant if the period cycle is not happening on time. My wife is suffering from this period disorder how to cure it.
I had anal sex with my girlfriend . It happened without our knowledge. Without protection. It happened very strongly .Now I'm scared about STD. What should I do.
My wife is having a problem of repeated miscarriages for last 3 years. We have done all the tests for her (i. E. Apla profile, beta2 glycoprotein profile, tvus, torch, hba! c, tsh etc) please sugeest a line of treatment or what else we can do. She is 26 year old and I am 32 year old.
Hy. Well I have a boyfriend and well from april onward we sometime had sex with condom. And I was getting my periods. But last month September we had sex thrice (3) that means almost every week. 2 times with condom but last week I had without condom but sperms didn't enter my vagina. I'm just 16 and I can't afford to have a baby right now. And I can't go to any doc or have pregnancy test because my mother would knw about my sex start. Will you hlp me to have my periods. Plz.
With the advent of refined laparoscopic instruments, it is possible to treat numerous operable gynaecological conditions. With laparoscopic access, we can operate even more complicated cases like severe endometriosis endometriosis, cancers etc. The common diseases which can be treated with laparoscopic surgery are following :
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage miscarriage / abortion abortion, infertility infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.