Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
We have 2kids 15 and 7 my wife is pregnant for a third baby she is now 24 weeks and she us having pain in left shoulder can't even lift hand from front difficult to do most of the work What do you think is this happening and any medicine for this?
The body has various chemicals called hormones which play a significant role in controlling various functions. Produced by organs that weigh as less as 0.5 g, these hormones control height to weight to reproduction to metabolism. It is not surprising that even little amount of variation in these hormones have a noticeable effect on the body’s functioning.
It is well acknowledged that pregnancy is a highly crucial, complicated, and anxious period of a woman’s life. The mother-to-be has the dual responsibility of taking care of her health in addition to ensuring the child within is protected and nurtured well to develop into a full-term baby. Pregnancy is controlled my many hormones and the thyroid also plays a significant role during this time. The connection between pregnancy and thyroid hormone is quite strong.
Women are more prone to develop hypothyroidism, and if diagnosed during pregnancy, extra care must be taken to ensure thyroid levels are maintained in the optimal range. Women with hypothyroidism who get pregnant can have multiple effects including the following
- Higher incidence of miscarriages: When a woman has multiple miscarriages in the first trimester, one of the reasons to rule out would be hypothyroidism. The incidence of second trimester miscarriage is also quite high in women with hypothyroidism. It is believed that thyroid controls the other female hormone levels and therefore optimal levels of T4 are essential for maintenance of pregnancy.
- Developmental defects and delays: The developing child requires its supply of hormones from the mother until it can start producing them on its own. This would take time and unless the mother is producing optimal amounts for herself, the child would not be receiving the required amounts of hormones. This means the child’s growth and development controlled by the hormones would be affected. Even after birth, there could be delays in terms of developmental milestones.
- Low birth weight: Underdevelopment of the child leads to low birth weight.
- Stillbirth: Women with hypothyroidism can also have a higher incidence of stillbirth.
- Hypertension and preeclampsia: The blood pressure could be significantly elevated and lead to complications in the later trimesters.
- Maternal emotional health: Lower levels of thyroid bring about fatigue, depression and mood swings in all women. Given the added state of pregnancy, it is not surprising there would be greater mood swings and bouts of depression and low self-esteem.
With prenatal care improving, comprehensive thyroid screening, especially in people with family history of thyroid problems, is being made mandatory. Talk to your doctor to ensure your thyroid functions are normal. This ensures thyroid levels are maintained for optimal growth of the newborn and the health of the mother is not jeopardised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I'm 21 years old and used pull out method while intercourse. My periods were supposed to come on the 3rd but it's 9th now n still no signs of menses. Could I get an accurate result in the home pregnancy test. Please help.
Hi my last period was on 19th Dec 15, had sex on 14th Jan 15. My next period on 19th Jan 15. I want to know if I can get pregnant 6days before period.
What can be used for safe sex without using condoms or pills but with the chance to take baby after 2 or 3 years? Please suggest me.
Hi, I am having PCOS since 4 months now. Started with delayed periods since May then I consulted Gynac in June After ultrasound got to know I have PCOS. She asked me to have Normoz for 3 months and gave some Vit. D and folic acid. Again need to meet her. Quite tensed. Planning to have a baby since Jan still not succeed. I am obese and cannot shed weight too. I am broken now.
My mother was on Thalidomide for 2.5 years post 6 cycles of VAD for MULTIPLE MYLOMA. Doctor has stopped medicine as reports suggest that disease is under control. However she is getting loose motions since she has stopped medicine. Is there some advice?
I am a 27 years old married woman. We are trying to conceive. In the month of December I got my periods on 4th dec, then on 6th january and then 12th February. For the month of march till date I didn't have periods. What are the chances of conceiving. Since last 10 days I am pain in my stomach like same of the period pain. Also for the last three days I am having nausea feeling after every meal. Also I feel hungry after 1 or 2 hrs of evry meal. What the chances and what should I do.
My last period is 26 after periods when shld I do sex with my husband I have 3 days of periods when is my ovulation is I have thyroid problem too would I able to get pregnant pls tel me my periods are 27 and 28 days cycle I get early periods wt problem.
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many a times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I had a sex with my boyfriend last night without any protection and I took ipill at last night. Ipill will stop the pregnancy? Ipill is enough or another tablet I have to take to stop and how would I know that I'm not pregnant Dr. please tell me.
How can I increase my sperm count? And my wife has low AMH. If there are any process to increase her AMH? Can we get any child normally other than IVF?
What is the procedure to take oral contraceptive pills after sexual intercourse? Is It is a one time process or pills should be taken for certain period? Suggest some best pills to use?
Am not getting my periods on date. Some 8 to 20 days difference. And I have thyroid and am taking tablet for that. But still my periods are not regular.
Can you suggest a contraceptive with no side effects ? We don't want to have a kid but don't like using condoms also. No side effects at all. Don't recommend a surgery. Natural medicines would be nice to know. Thank you.
I had sex on 4th day of my periods that is on 22nd January at 5 pm and my first day was 19th January. I take unwanted 72 on 25th January at 1 pm. After that I have mild abdominal pain. Then on 31st January I have bleeding till 2nd February and at 3rd February I have little spotting. Now I want to is it pregnancy and if not what my next periods come.
All women have to go through menstruation or periods with the only choice of endurance in hand. A woman's body and mind undergo distinct changes during the phase of menstruation. PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome refers to some symptoms which a woman experiences just before her monthly periods begin. These symptoms can be both physical and mental, and they vary among different women. Homeopathy helps in the effective cure of PMS, and has no side effects. Homeopathic medicines give women relief from the symptoms of PMS.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines for curing PMS:
- Sepia: This is the best homeopathic medicine for PMS. It helps in curbing the extreme irritability caused in women suffering from PMS and calms the mind. It is specially used in case of pain in the uterus during this phase and in women with irregular menstrual cycles.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic remedy is used during PMS for treating depression and mood swings that women undergo. Before periods, many women experience a state of sadness and become emotionally depressed. Ignatia cures this depression and makes the women happier.
- Pulsatilla: During PMS, it is likely for women to get extra sensitive towards everything, and they tend to get affected by the most insignificant matters. Pulsatilla can be used in such situations as it reduces the extra sensitivity and makes the women appear normal. It is used in cases of disrupted menstrual flow, accompanied by loss of thirst.
- Lachesis: This homeopathic medicine is used for women who suffer from body pain during PMS. The pain occurs due to the PMS and can be in the form of headaches and aches in other parts of the body. Women also tend to get over talkative, and the body may feel heated up.
- Conium: Some women develop breast tenderness during PMS, characterized by swelling, enlargement or pain in the breasts. The breasts also become hard and touching causes an increase in the pain. Conium is the best homeopathic medicine for treating this kind of pain.
- Chamomilla: This medicine is similar to sepia and helps in curing irritability in women before periods. It is used when irritability makes the women avoid talking and abstain from communicating.
- Bryonia: Similar to Conium, Bryonia is another homeopathic medicine, which helps in curing breast tenderness in women during PMS. Bryonia is used when the pain is extremely heavy and intense.
- Carbo veg: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for the treatment of abdominal bloating in women during PMS. Heaviness and distension are caused in the abdomen, which further lead to pain.
Women suffer quite a lot during PMS, just before their monthly periods, and homeopathic medicines provide the best, natural treatment for these symptoms and conditions.