Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha OmprakashYour feedback matters!
We are trying to conceive for 5 months. But no result found. I am 26 years and my hus 31 yrs. I have regular period. My cycle length is 29 days. .also we had intercourse on fertile days. I consult a doctor few months back .he said I am alright. I am also having folic acid. This is my second pregnancy. First time I got pregnant in the first try itself. Bt why this time I am not getting pregnant.
When the delivery of a baby has to happen through a surgical process rather than normal child birth, the procedure is known as a Caesarean Section or a C-section. There are many reasons why one many need to go through this surgical procedure including complications during pregnancy and childbirth. One can also plan for a C-section beforehand by talking it through with a doctor who will recommend the same in case there are any complications and risks at play during the pregnancy. Read on to know more about the procedure.
Reasons: There are many reasons why a doctor may want to go in for a C-section. If the labour is not progressing properly, then a C-section may be required in order to extract the baby. This procedure may also be used in case the baby is not getting proper amount of oxygen which can put it in distress and lead to changes in the heartbeat. Also, if the baby is in an abnormal position like a breech position, then a C-section may be required. This procedure is also used when a woman is carrying twins or triplets. Other health concerns like high blood pressure and genital herpes or even HIV can lead to this procedure. Any mechanical obstruction like fibroids in the birth canal can also cause the doctor to resort to a C-section, while a patient who has delivered via C-section earlier may also be asked to do the same again.
Risks and complications: One has to remember that a C-section takes longer to recover from than normal childbirth and delivery would. Also, it does pose a few risks and complications that may arise during and after the procedure.
- Breathing issues: The babies who are born via C-section are more susceptible to a condition known transient tachypnea which is a breathing problem characterised by an abnormally fast rate of breathing in and out. Also, other respiratory distress syndromes may take over subsequently.
- Surgical injuries: The doctor may accidentally nick the baby’s skin during the surgical process which involves the use of sharp instruments for making the incision.
- Inflammation risk: The uterus may undergo inflammation which may also lead to endometriosis as well as infections of the membrane which can cause fever and foul smelling vaginal discharge. The wound may also get infected.
- Bleeding: While some amount of bleeding is normal, this procedure can also lead to excessive bleeding in which case immediate medical intervention may be required. Also, the patient may suffer from blood clots inside the veins of the pelvic organs. These clots may also travel to the lungs and cause further complications.
Me and my gf had unprotected sex on 21 jan. She got her last periods on 18 feb. So is there any chance of pregnancy?
We have 3 month baby Now what we take safety to avoid another pregnancy? And what is the perfect gap between two childrens for pregnancy? Is that effect on mother to continue pregnancy?
I did sex one day before my periods date after sex my periods started first day it was normal but 2nd and 3rd day it was laser than every time. It is chance of pregnancy or any thing else.
I am 7 months pregnant. Sometimes in sleep I am lying in my back. Is lying straight will be a serious issue?
We can differentiate between the milk from a cow or a buffalo by looking at its color and thickness. While being different from one another in terms of composition and richness, both cow and buffalo milk possess properties that give them their unique nutritional value and health benefits. Including them in your daily diet can help you to stay fit and strong. Here's a look at what they offer, and which one can be the most appropriate for you:
1. Fat content - It's the fat content of these two milks that instantly make them different from one another. Of the two, buffalo milk has a higher percentage of fat content, which keeps your stomach fuller for a long time. On the other hand, cow's milk is easier to digest due to its low-fat content. When it comes to the fat percentage in buffalo milk, on an average it is two times more than that of cow milk. So, if the average fat content in cow milk is 3-4% that of buffalo milk is about 7-8%.
2. Protein content - Buffalo milk contains more protein in comparison to cow milk, which can make it more difficult to digest. It comes with a protein content that is in the range of 4.2%-4.5% and is 11% higher than that of cow milk.
3. Cholesterol content - Cholesterol levels differ in both the milk, with buffalo milk being significantly lower in cholesterol. While buffalo milk has a cholesterol content of 0.65 mg/g, cow milk records 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol.
4. Water content - Cow milk reports higher water content compared to buffalo milk. This is because it contains fewer solids with about 90% of the milk being composed of water. It's this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie content - Since buffalo milk comes with more proteins and fat, it has more calories. For every 100ml of buffalo milk, you consume about 100Kcals. On the other hand, cow milk contains about 70 Kcals.
If you're on a diet to lose weight and improve your metabolic processes, cow milk would be the most appropriate option as it is low in fat, protein and calorie content. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight and strengthen weak bones, buffalo milk is what you should have daily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Going for a mini vacation and worried as to how you would be able to stick to your diet and fitness regimen?
Don't fret Here are a couple of tips that will help u stay as near as your meal plan specially designed by your Registered Dietician, for your lifestyle
Firstly do not consider diet/ meal plan and exercise regimen as a burden. the key is to incorporate healthy eating and exercise as a part of normal living patterns.
Be well informed about the local foods available at the places that you would be visiting.
Choose wisely the low-fat options available.
Simultaneously, be also aware that low-fat foods are not necessarily low calorie, especially coz then you tend to eat them in larger quantities. The extra carbohydrates proportion created due to the reduction in fat percentage will eventually get converted into fat
Leave your dining table with a feeling that you could have eaten more. Do not stuff your stomach to its fullest capacity
Keep handy snacks like roasted chana, dry fruits (preferably the unsalted ones), fresh fruits, roasted makhanas, khajoor, etc
Avoid loading onto bakery foods in your food luggage bag. even the seemingly low calorie healthy/ whole grain bread and biscuits would do more harm than good coz of the trans-fatty acids or the saturated fats used as leavening agents
Remember the motto 'from farm to plate- no machinery in between'
Instead of popping in peppermints and accumulating sugar and hence fat, the healthy idea would be to keep a stock of natural mouth fresheners like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, etc. these will up your antioxidant quota too.
Do not neglect your protein intakes. Carry packets of skim milk powder with you and enjoy fat-free milk, anytime, anywhere.
Carry sufficient water bottles along. do not tank up on carbonated beverages, just because you feel lazy to carry the extra weight in your handbags.
The extra weight that you put on while consuming these on your memorable trip, would be a disaster to health and lead to guilt later on
Lastly, do not forget your exercise regimen. Remember, muscle mass tends to be lost within 7 days of physical inactivity. Loss of muscle mass leads to reduction in basal metabolic rate and more of fat accumulation and the famous 'yo-yo syndrome.' which makes fat loss difficult later
Physical activity can be any forms like avoiding the elevator and using the staircases only of the hotel. walking as much as possible for short distances, especially when the sight seeing distances are shorter.Asana like Surya namaskar, chakki asanas, etc can be done an early morning in the hotel room itself. Mantra is to keep walking (it will help you burn the extra calories consumed and also keep your metabolic rate elevated.
One would not like to come back from a memorable trip outstation and be bogged down with the guilt of fat tires and love handles accumulated. prevention is better than cure.
Most importantly, even if you have failed to follow any of these tips, pl do not forget to go to your Registered Dietician for your regular scheduled follow-up visit
Stay healthy, stay blessed
Nasya is an Ayurvedic term, a procedure followed for disorders related to migraine, throat, nose, ear, sinusitis and any other organ above the neck. Ayurveda purifies these organs and removes vitiated doshas through the nasal openings. The nasal treatment happens in the form of medicated powders, medicinal fumes, nasal oil or medicated juice.
Efficacy of the treatment:
This form of treatment is tailor made for disease related to ENT and Eye ailments. The treatment aims at getting the toxins removed from the neck and head region by administering oil through the nasal cavity. Other areas where Nasya can be applied to get good results include psychiatry, dentistry, and neurology.
Types of Nasya:
As per function, there are 3 different types of Nasya Brihmana nasya, Virechana nasya and Shamana nasya. As per quality, Nasya can be divided into 2 categories i.e. Pratimarsha nasya and Marsha nasya. Some other popular nasal therapy treatment includes the following:
- Navana: When Nasya is meant for Shodhana or Snehana, it is termed as Navana. This is the most common type of Navana and is used for hair fall, headaches and bells palsy tinnitus.
- Pradhamana: This is a procedure where dry powders get blown into the nostrils through a narrow pipe. It can also be inhaled. Diseases such as epilepsy, sudden unconsciousness and any other diseases related to the brain are treated through this method. Some other herbs that are used along with this method of treatment include vacha, vidanga, maricha etc.
- Avapeedana: In this form of Nasys, juice extracts are injected into the nostrils. 4-6 drops of juice for each nostril are required. This treatment is ideal for patients suffering from poisoning, epilepsy, delirium, rhinitis etc.
- Dhooma: This form of Nasya has 3 subtypes- virechanik, prayogik and snehaik. In Dhooma, a patient is made to inhale medicated fume from both the mouth and nostrils for 3-4 times. The exhalation should only happen from the mouth.
Herbs used in Nasya Karma:
Some common herbs that is used for preparing any nasya preparation include apamarg, vidanga, hingu, tulasi, maricha and lahsuna. Some common oil preparation of Nasya includes anu, narayana, marichyadi, guraadi, shadbindu etc. A common preparation of Nasya is known as guraadi that include herbs such as shunthi, pippali, and saindhava.
Benefits of Nasya treatment:
There are numerous benefits of nasya treatment, some of the notables ones include:
- It develops and strengthens the shoulders, chest, skin, and neck.
- The sensory organs become much stronger after nasya therapy of 3-4 weeks.
- Any person witnessing grey hair can get rid of it with regular nasya treatment.
- Nasal medication also strengthens the visual site of a person.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.