Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Usha OmprakashYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am 27 years old last night I got married and I did first night with my wife and did it 6 times and now my wife is feeling pain in her vagina. Will you tell me what happened to her.
My wife is pregnant. Scan done on 21.12.2016 show its 7 weeks n 3 days .expected delivery date given is 6.08.2017. I would like to know probably on what day she conceived. Pls suggest.
My Friend, she has some swelling in her uterus and she has got this information after she did one test 2 years back she gets heavy bleeding in her periods and she is hardly able to walk when she is in periods. She tells me that she experience unbearable pain in her vagina. Pls can you suggest me any medication and how can this be cured. Thanks.
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
There are various known reasons why cancer takes root in a healthy body. The deadly disease takes away millions of lives worldwide and remedies in food to tackle it are constantly a subject of research. However taking this one food item off your daily diet can help becoming less prone to cancer.
Senior cancer experts stress that sugar feeds cancer. According to his belief, backed by years of research and medical expertise, it is possible to starve cancer out of a person’s body. When sugar breaks down in the body in a non-oxidative manner, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is generated which causes cancer cells and tumor to grow.
Research states that cancer is a dysfunction of the mitochondria caused by fermentation of sugar in the cells instead of orthodox respiration of normal cells. This can be tackled by limiting the supply, just by cutting down the intake of sugar every day. A small amount of sugar in a healthy and requisite proportion is acceptable but excessive sugar must be avoided in order to choke cancer out from the body.
Specifically, the intake of sugar in processed foods must be cut down. Everything that is sweet isn't sugar! Avoiding processed foods will simply eliminate the bad salts and bad sugars from your diet. Eating at fast food joints too must be cut down completely as the food they serve is frozen and needs a lot of preservatives. You can always switch to fruits if you have a sweet tooth. Diet-wise, consume more green leafy vegetables, developing a plant and natural nutrient based diet is an ideal method to tackle cancer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Milk is an essential part of the diet for many people across the world. Most humans are able to digest milk now and it has many benefits to offer. One of the easiest milks to digest is certainly cow milk. Let's take a good look at all those amazing benefits that a glass of milk can offer you:
Reasons for drinking cow milk:
- Improves heart health Cow's milk consumed in moderate amounts regularly has shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. Milk contains potassium, which is effective in vasodilation, and thus helps in reducing blood pressure. This in turn, puts less pressure on the heart and lowers the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
- Bone health: This is probably one of the most touted advantages of drinking milk. Milk contains copious amounts of calcium and thus its consumption is said to be good for bones. Milk also has vitamin D, vitamin C, potassium and other nutrients that increase bone strength. Drinking milk has also been linked to lowered chances of osteoporosis.
- Improves skin health: Milk and milk products have been used for a very long time in skin care products. However, drinking milk in controlled amounts will also result in better skin as it is known to be rich in nutrients, such as vitamin A, among others.
- Helps in muscle development: Muscle development is very important, especially in children and for that to happen, a lot of protein is required. Milk is a great source of protein, and thus drinking it on a regular basis will help you develop muscles. Even adults who want to build more muscle mass should consume milk.
- Protects teeth: This is especially true in the case of adolescents or children, as milk can be a counter against acidic substances and thus can actually protect tooth enamel. It also good for teeth as it contains calcium and helps strengthen gums as well.
- A balanced supplement for many nutrients: Milk contains a host of nutrients, which may not be provided by many of the foods you consume on a daily basis. Milk has many vitamins for better eyesight, carbohydrates for energy, protein to build muscle and is often fortified with other minerals and vitamins essential for the body.
I want to conceive. My doctor advise me to be with my husband for 7 days bt we skip 1 day in between these 7 days due to his night shift in job does it will make any difference in conceiving.
Technology affects every aspect of our lives including how we date. Today, the first interaction a couple has isn’t over a cup of coffee, but through the internet. While some people swear by online dating others are still vary of it. Like a coin, online dating has two sides; pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of online dating.
- Easier way of meeting people: If you’re new to the city, online dating can be a great way of introducing yourself to new people. Even if you don’t find a relationship, you might end up with a number of new friends. Online dating can help you meet new people even if you’ve lived in the same city all your life. It broadens your search and introduces you to people outside your friend circle. You might even meet someone who can help you network better professionally.
- Convenient: Careers can be very demanding and leave a person almost no time to socialise. Online dating helps people who have no time to socialise in person, meet people virtually. Today, most online dating websites and apps have filters through which you screen people. hence unlike when a friend sets you up on a blind date, you already know something about the other person and have something in common with them. Online dating also makes optimal use of time; taking a ten-minute break between work - you can easily scan through dating profiles and find someone you’d like to meet.
- Dishonest profiles: Unfortunately, the internet makes it easy to lie and pretend to be someone you are not. While small white lies like pretending to like outdoor activities when you don’t really care for them are okay, some people may put up profiles that are nothing like their actual personalities. This can make online dating slightly unsafe and hence whenever you meet someone from our online dating world, it is best to do so in a place where there will be other people as well.
- Different understanding of relationships: Not everyone who makes a dating profile is interested in a long term relationship. For some people, this may just be a way of meeting people to have a fling with or to simply make new friends. Online dating makes it difficult to understand a person’s true personality and hence you may not realise that you and the other person have a different opinion about relationships until quite late. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi Today I had a sex with my girlfriend after completing of 4 days menstruation cycle and next day we had sex. So is there any possibility of pregnancy? Wht is best period to avoid pregnancy? Kindly revert back.
I have irregular period issue nd I am married since 4 years, not using any precautions. But still have not conceived. My wait is 80. And having thyroid problem also. What should I do first? To regulate my period, or to conceive a baby. Why I am not getting pregnant? Is thyroid treatment important to get rid of my weight?
Can a infertility problem happen if I follicles are getting ruptured and size of the edometrical thickness was 11.6 at the time of ruptured.
I have a problem with my periods. I checked from doctors but reports are normal. Then why I have pain near right side of stomach, when I have period and it last for only two and half days. Please help, I am 24 years old.
· High success rates
· Personal attention to patients
· State of art-lab with latest medical equipments
· Convenient location