Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Urunda KaranjgaokarYour feedback matters!
I have missed my periods. Its been delayed by 3 days. Am I pregnant? Pls suggest medicine for not getting pregnant.
Hi. Doctor. I hv in 28 week pregnancy and I have wrongly taken 1calcium and 1iron tablet twice a day from last 15 days and now from last 5 days my lower portion of belly having lots of pain and feeling heavy .pls advice me what precaution should I take and will it affect to my baby. I am in so much stress and this is my first issue. I'm 24 year old and having 60 kg weight. Pls answer me fast.
I am not virgin as I have done sex with my boyfriend and now i'm getting married with another guy and I do not even touch my vagina from 2 years as I want to be tight does vagina becomes tight in these 2 years I have done for about 1 year 8 to 9 times every month.
I did intercourse with my gf without protection. I know that mine was not ejaculated. But she is telling that she did not get periods now. What should we do now?
Mera naam kn hai mere mc mahina ke 3 date ko hoti hai, is time se kitne din ke baaad sex karne se main pregnant ho sakti hoon, pls reply karna madam.
Hi doctor I'm 26 my wife 22 both r do sex first time. I insert penis to her vagina she get hurt and cried after later she have pain and irritated when urinate. Is there any problem Note: we get into relationships in 5th day of her period.
She is 30 years old but anybody who sees her can not believe that she is 30 because her health is very weak. Before marriage she used some protein powder for health but after marriage she discontinue that. For this her health became very weak. please suggest me some medicine by which her health will become healthy forever.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
On 26th nov I have inserted my penis partially when her ovulation period is over, she got her periods on 4th nov and ends 10th nov she is expecting next period on 1st nov. Is der any chance that she will get pregnant? Note: We do not have sex jst partially inserted.
After the marriage if the periods are missed. Than is it chance of pregnancy? If yes. Than how it can be prevented? Please suggest.
By the end of your life, you would have consumed about 27,215.5 kg of food, which is equivalent to the weight of about 6 elephants.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
6 to 8 leucocytes found in urine for a boy of 8 years. Please advise the medicine to be used. Is Novamax 250 ml, Mefta gesic DF and Citra Ulka are useful? If not kindly suggest medicines a small boy of 8 years.
I am 30 years old married women n have delivered a baby girl eight months ago. I am having irregular periods since September n continuous spotting after period end date. Have done scanning n in that it appeared that there is swelling in my uterus. Please advise.
The word 'surgery' is often dreaded by most patients. Be it an invasive oral surgery or a keyhole gallbladder surgery, it does not evoke a ready 'yes' in most patients. There are too many patients who are ready to be on long-term medications if they could to avoid the surgery and its complications. While there could be swelling, bruising, tingling and many other symptoms, the one feared by most is the postoperative pain. What happens after the effect of the anesthetic wears off can leave many patients in a very anxious and fearful state. The trick is to prepare oneself not just for the surgery but for the after effects.
Before the surgery, a detailed discussion with the doctor on the following is very important:
- List of medications: Complete list of medications include supplements so that the medications used during and after surgery to avoid any potential drug interactions
- Type and severity of the pain: This will help you anticipate and be prepared for the pain after the surgery.
- Pain tolerance/threshold: Letting your doctor know your tolerance levels can help them prescribe an appropriate pain killer
After the surgery, the following are some ways to cope with the pain:
- Pain killers - Don't wait for the anesthesia effect to completely wear out. Take the painkiller much before the pain starts so that the onset of pain is delayed or nullified. For severe cases, opioids may be used to manage immediate postoperative pain. However, in most cases, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen are used. They may also be used up to a few days after surgery to ease the pain and inflammation, depending on the type of surgery.
- Topical creams/lotions - In cases involving skin incisions, these help reduce the pain in the skin along the incision.
- Compression stockings - In addition to reducing blood clot, they also reduce pain in the legs.
- Physiotherapy - If there is a joint involved, doing physiotherapy after surgery is extremely beneficial. In addition to reducing pain, they also help improve mobility.
- Sleep - Sufficient sleep (more than you normally would) promotes healing and helps your ability to cope with the pain.
- Heating pads and ice packs - If these are your regular remedies for pain, feel free to use them even in postsurgical pains.
- Reduce Stress - This will help you cope better with the pain and heal faster.
A given patient and a given surgery are a unique combination. No two patients will react the same way to a particular surgery. Postsurgical pain can be managed very effectively with a little planning.
Why bleed vagina after sex. She is not suffering from period, period was just 10 15 days before then why bleeding. During sex there is no pain no scratches and no pricking but during sex some time she feels like she has no energy for few seconds. So what is the reason bleeding vagina.
Doctors mujhye conceive nahi hor aha hai doctor ne mujhye advice kiya hai k evecare, ashokrishta, or fertyle, use karne mujhye janna hai kya ashokarishta me use karsakti hu conceive karne me liye mere period sab regular hai mere age 30 or mrri shadi ko 5 saal hogaye hai per pregnancy nahi hui hai meri or hubby dono ki report normal ha I please help.
My doc did a scan to study the follicular growth. It was my 11th day. She said an egg is forming in the right ovary. Dimensions of d egg are 10.86mm and 14.36mm. What does this mean. Is the egg growth fine?
Dyspareunia (Painful Coitus)
Recurrent or persistent genital pain associated with sexual intercourse in either male or a female.
In females, the pain may be superficial during penetration or deep during penile thrusting. The intensity of pain may range from mild discomfort to sharp pain. On examination, no genital abnormalities are seen. Repeated genital pain during coitus may result in the avoidance of sexual activity, disrupting existing sexual relationships.
Females : Dyspareunia can be of psychogenic or organic in origin.
Pain in vaginal outlet and clitoris : If the hymen is intact, this is a source of irritation. Episiotomy scar can cause pain. Smegma accumulated under the foreskin of clitoris
Irritates the area and causes intense burning.
Pain in the vagina : One of the common causes is the failure to lubricate. This happens when the women have no affection, respect or understanding for her husband. Because of various fears like fear of pregnancy or of coitus, her natural response will be inhibited. Many women does not lubricate because of aging. Thin walls of vagina crack and bleed easily during the intercourse, causing discomfort that lasts for hours to days. Homosexual women will not lubricate in heterosexual activity. Infections of the vaginal or urinary tract will give rise to burning, itching or pain in the vagina. When there is itching and burning but no infection, sensitivity to the rubber of condom is a possibility.
Pain deep in the pelvis : Laceration or tears in the ligaments which support the uterus, caused by gang rape or criminal abortion may result into pain deep in the pelvis. It is associated with a backache, throbbing in pelvis, tired feeling
And painful menstruation . Endometriosis, infection in the cervix, uterus, and tubes cause pain during thrusting . Infection can be due to gonorrhea or of E.coil.Hysterectomy, tumors, and ovarian cysts can cause pain deep in the pelvis.
: Some men do not retract the prepuce during masturbation. Their glans of penis remains hypersensitive to touch. They find pain during coitus. In men with poor hygiene, the smegma accumulates on the glans, causing pain during coitus. Phimosis can cause pain during coitus. Allergy to condom rubber, jellies, foams and douching materials can give hypersensitivity reaction to the males. Infection of vaginal canal causes burning and itching. Fibrosis of penile tissue following a trauma causes pain during masturbation and intercourse.
: Reassurance, countering myths and misconceptions and supportive psychotherapy will be helpful in dyspareunia of psychogenic origin. Insufficient foreplay may lead to failure of lubrication in females. Thick hymen will need excision. Accumulation of smegma needs cleaning daily. Senile vaginitis requires hormonal replacement. Homosexual women are not amenable to any treatment.