Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Upen DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hlo Doctors. I think my cholesterol level is increasing. What exactly increasing cholesterol mean? How dangerous it can be? I think it has just started. Can it be cured completely without permanent medicine? My age is just 21. I am 6'1. My weight is 101kg.
I am 21 years old suffering from high blood pressure. It generally increases when I got excited. How to control dis.
Dear sir, I am suffering from chest pain I have consulted a doctor, I went through a test like echo, bled TMT all are normal but still the pain is repeating, what shall I do? Please suggest.
Sir, My mother is diabetic and high blood pressure patient .My mother age is 55 yrs. My mother take medicine Gluconorm G3 forte (glimepiride 3 mg, metformin 1000 mg) before breakfast for sugar and Telzzy Am 40 (telmisartan 40 mg, Amlodipine 5 mg) after breakfast for high pressure. My mother current sugar level Fasting 188 mg and PP 113. Tomorrow my mother consulted a doctor (Auriom Kar, MD) for sugar. My mother forgot to take Telzzy Am tomorrow which was not told to doctor and the doctor checked my mother blood pressure is 150/100. My mother has some other health problem like whole body itching, vibrate of hand, which was told to doctor. The Doctor now prescribed some medicine Gluconorm g3 forte (which is taken daily) 30 min before breakfast, Betacap TR 80 (propranolol hydrochloride 80 mg) at 8 a.m (it is confused that before or after breakfast), Telzzy Am at 8 p.m (which is taken daily after breakfast, Montek LC (montelukast sodium 10 mg, levocetirizine hydrochloride 5 mg) at 8 p.m,tryptometer 10 mg at 9 p.m, Pregeb M OD 75 (pregabalin 75 mg, Mecobalamin 1500 mcg) at 9 p.m. And Galvus Met 50/1000 (vildagliptin 50 mg, metformin HCl ph. Eur 1000 mg) before half min dinner. I am confused for betacap TR medicine, I search for this medicine that it is a high blood pressure medicine, we are forgot to tell doctor that tomorrow my mother was forgot to take medicine of pressure, it is possible to my mother blood pressure reading high that time for not taken medicine. Pls advised me that the doctor prescribe me right prescription or not? The doctor has not get any mobile number so we can not contact the doctor. Next review date is given 01 /10/2016. Pls advised me your valuable opinion. Thanks & Regards PRANABESH BANERJEE.
There is some time pinch near or above my chest what it is it moves up n down neat chest area I am very worried about it give me a solution.
My lipid profile is: LDL-120, HDL: 44, Triglyceride: 156, VLDL: 26. What medicine I should take & how many Km morning walk is optimum.
I am a 26 yr old female I have lot of one side head ache High BP and chest pain suddenly right side pain what can i do? please advice.
Actually I smoked 2or 3 cigarettes in a day. From the last two days I am suffering from throat pain chest pain I want to know what happen to me and solution.
Sir, I am a diabetic since last 22 years with blood pressure. Taking huminsulin 50: 50 37 units in morning and 35 units in evening. Amryl 3, jalra 50 and telma 40 in morning and still have uncontrolled blood sugar. I am the patient of hyper acidity and daily takes pantocid dsr in morning still feel breathlessness frequently. I take home made food only with minimum spices and fat.
I am 19 years old and I am just 5.6 feet but I want to increase my height upto 5.11 feet what shall I do as well as my father feels pain and it also burns in the chest since 4 years what is the solution and he also has a problem with leg pain that too since 5 years.
Why are my feet burning all the time. My reports are S.Uric acid 6.0 Blood sugar 87 s.cholesterol 169.
Sir my wife is suffering in renal failure, her latest blood report creatinine label 2.5,and urea label 41, blood pressure is now in normal condition, yesterday I consulted a nephrologist he prescribed ferrous ascourbate&foic acid tabs, alphaketo analogous tabs, moxidine tabs0. 3 mg tabs, now her hemoglobin level in blood is 10.4,now she is stable ,I have seen normal swelling of face only, not have any pain in any body part also, so pls give me any suggestions for lowering creative label &revive this renal failure.
Hii I am 23 years old (female). I am suffering from chest pain can you give a reason why it is paining?
I want to control my blood pressure? When I eat, hot or cold item my teeth pains. How to get relief from this? Please help me.
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.