Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Upasana Shahe
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Upasana ShaheYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I'm suffering right side back and neck pain from a weak ago. I feel like my bones are very week. Please reply how can I get rid of this pain.
My body is paining and eyes also paining when I wake up early in morning and mostly stomach disease.
I am 38 years old man. I had a fracture in my left hand. The elbow was dislocated and I had an operation. Plaster has been removed one month back and now the elbow region is hard. There is lack of free movement as the hand has not been straight completely. Date of operation was 12-03-15 ; opening of plaster was 12-04-15. Please give me the best advice by which my hand movement will be perfect again.
Hello sir/mam. M sbnm n I have some problem with my legs these pains a lot since 1 year. I don't know what happed n I loss my wait continually. Can you advice me what to do.
I had a attack of paraplegia in 2011. After 5 year im still unable to walk properly. There is little bit problem in walking but it doesn't meant I can not walk, I can walk but not so properly. So I want to start gym. Can I go to gym? Is it beneficial for me? If I go to gym then what type of precautions should I take.
Lower back pain is one of the most common ailments among adults all across the world. You may wake up in the morning with an energising drink before going out to work. After you arrive at work, you may have to sit there till lunch, which involves further sitting and you are required to sit for more hours for completing the remaining work. Then you come back home by sitting in the car and have the night’s meal while again sitting. Did you know sitting through the day is the major culprit behind your back pain? Thankfully, yoga has effective ways of treating back pain to a considerable degree.
You can choose to do the following yoga poses for alleviating your back ache:
- Supine hamstring stretch: You will have to lie back on your back and bend the right knee to the chest. Then you will have to place a rolled-up towel around the football and straighten the leg towards the ceiling and press both the heels. In case your lower back feels strained, you can bend your left knee and place the foot right on the ground. Hold the position for about 3 to 5 minutes and practice regularly for soothing back pain.
- Two knee twist: You will have to bend your knees to the chest while lying on the back and try to bring out the arms forming a T-shape. Then try to exhale and lower down the knees on the ground towards your right side. Keep both the shoulders pressed down firmly and hold this position for about 2 minutes for best results.
- Sphinx: You will have to prop yourself on the forearms while lying on the stomach. You will then have to align the elbows right under the shoulders and press through the tops and palms of the feet. You are likely to feel terrific sensations down your lower back, but it is advised to bear through it as it allows the flow of blood to that region which is required for healing. Practice the position regularly and hold it for at least one minute.
- Thread the needle: This is quite an easier pose where you will have to lie flat on your back by bending both the knees with your feet flat on the ground. You will now have to bend the right knee by placing the outer left ankle through the right thigh. You will have to thread the right hand between the leg and interlace the hands behind the left thigh.
These positions would help in soothing your lower back pain, but it is recommended to consult a doctor if the pain still persists. Ayurvedic Tiktaksheer basti, massage therapy and certain oral medicines can help a lot in speedy recovery from spine/back related problems.
Ayurved has a very unique way of drug administration called Basti in which various medicines are given through the anus ( Rectal route)...For Lumbosacral / spine disorders a very specialised form of enema Tiktaksheer Basti (Medicated Bitter Milk enema) is given which shows amazing results. Kindly consult a specialized Ayurvedic practitioner for additional details.
Kati Basti (Vasti) is a traditional Ayurvedic treatment used for lower backache and disorders of lumbosacral region, including slip disc, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, spinal problems etc. Kati Vasti is a part of external oleation (Snehana) therapy in Ayurveda. It is very safe, non-invasive and green category procedure.
In this procedure, you will get instant relief from backache. After completing a course of 7 to 21 days, you may not need any kind of oral medicines. It is a complete therapy for back pain and lumbosacral disorders.
However, the results vary person to person, but in most of cases, people get quick relief after the procedure.
I am suffering from neck pain and have spondylosis from last 3-4 years and there is a gap between c4, c5 c6 and taking ayurvedic medicine and got 80% relief and also doing regular exercises but after doing some heavy work I get tired quickly and also vertigo problem secondly also suffering from puffy eyes. Pl. Suggest some remedy.
Good afternoon sir, , I have been suffering from back pain from 2 3 months, iam not able to sit or stand for a little long time, What is the problem, what should I do? I need to work on system am a software. suggest me the best remedy to relief. Thank You sir.
If we need to name this age of medical science with a word- certainly this is the age of Joint problems Osteoarthritis. Those were the days when joint pains were thought to be associated with the old age only, but nowadays these pains are presenting in all age groups. There is no age of Joint pains as of now. In an age of 25, even you can find a patient with osteoarthritis.
Age was a limit for such conditions but now things are changing fast.
- We are eating more nutritious foods, we are in better comforts still our joints are giving up? There is something wrong with us and with our system. Certainly, we need to look back at the things and need to check everything so that we can manage the things in a better way.
- When a person comes with Gout that is increased uric acid in the body western system of medicines he will be told to lower down the uric acid simply by taking some of the medicines. But this is not the solution for the problem. Problem is not increased uric acid the core problem is- why this uric acid is being produced in the body in this much of quantity, until unless we don't rectify the system due to which uric acid is being produced in abundant. This is the difference in Ayurveda and western system of medicines. We at Sukhayu follow the same tradition of Ayurveda to rectify the metabolism of proteins so that we can remove the extra uric acid from the body.
- So culprit is the system which is producing the extra uric acid not the uric acid. We need to address the culprit for sure, not just the uric acid, alone.
- The same is applicable to the osteoarthritis. It is now in a fashion to give Vitamin D, Calcium, Glucosamine along with some pain killers and they just tell that Cartilage is damaged in your body. These things they continue for 6 months and one day they tell us that no, now you need to go for the knee joint replacement?
Is it the solution!
- The first and foremost solution for the problem is to “save” the knees and cartilages from the damage and basic way to that is “education” what we need to share with a patient as a physician. Second thing is to promote certain types of the diet for a patient according to his/her Prakruti so that he/she can get a proper amount of the calcium and vitamin D. We are not nourishing human bodies by using all these medicines we are only nourishing the pharmaceutical companies.
- Ayurveda says that these are age related problems and we need to work on a pattern to reduce the momentum of the age. If age appears aggressively, it will bring its all complications along with and will shatter the quality of the life for sure. So the main concern should be to slow down the process of aging with certain remedies along with certain diet and lifestyle modulations.
- In last many years we have seen a lot of patients who came to us and asked for weight loss, even they were suffering with osteoarthritis. Because every second person asked them to reduce weight only. But as per Ayurveda osteoarthritis is a condition of Vata Dosha and if we kept on loosing weight in a patient we will be aggravating the Vata dosha which will again increase the problem, that is why we cannot do it scientifically (as per Ayurved) but beyond this the question is of a different approach-
- If a person cannot walk or stand even, how can you ask him/her to loose weight?
- Are we promoting some of the surgical techniques to reduce weight in “hide” of the osteoarthritis?
- Things are not easy with joint pains, we do agree on this but when it comes to Ayurved, it is the only science which deals with the health-happiness and life not only about diseases. Sukhayu, as name tells – Life full of happiness!! We are committed to give the best of the health facilities to promote the complete of health of a person.
As per a research – More than 60% of the knee replacement are done without a requirement.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!