Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh Ramrao WorlikarYour feedback matters!
Blood in my stools. Today I found blood in my stools. It happened in two bowel movements one in the morning and the other in the evening. Generally I never had this problem earlier. Generally I don't feel bowels completely empty after my first visit to bath room, but at the end of the day after one more bowel movement I feel free. I drink water in the morning every day ,and then do cardio on stationary bicycle. But my some times my meal timings are not regular, some times there is a 5-6 hour gap between meals .And 10-11 hour gap between dinner and breakfast. This happens because of my hectic work load of my software job. Is my problem serious? Please help.
My face becomes slightly thinner day by day. How should I take care of my face so it can glow properly?
In my body white and dark shades are coming. And its not curing itself, and in my face small pimple like projections are appearing. Please help me.
I have got swelling on my butt after an injection and this is getting very painfully please advise me what should I do!
My skin has turned black due to excess working under the sun. I want my face skin to become fair once again. What should I do?
Over the my both chick's blackish spots are growing up very fast. Please advice some good medical treatment or is it totally removed with laser treatment? And what is cost on laser treatment? Pls advice me.
I am working in an marketing field. My face colour changes due to over exposure of Sun light. Kindly suggest me for any creams.
How can I glow my skin, I tried all creams but not result yet. I am also age of 30+. Please help me, my skin is so oily.
Pen nib has been pierced into my middle finger of ryt hand its forming pus in the infected area this is done yesterday what should I do.Please tell.
While taking care of skin externally is definitely a good idea, maintaining healthy skin from the inside is important as well. These don't happen overnight or don't work with external beauty products but only happen when lifestyle changes are put into place. Let's take a look at some of the well known lifestyle changes or habits that can help you get healthier skin.
1. Stop smoking: Apart from contributing to cancer and being nicknamed death sticks, smoking also causes a person's skin to look older. This is due to the fact that it constricts blood vessels within the body and thus causes wrinkles on the skin by disrupting the normal blood flow. It is thus advisable to give up smoking if you want to have healthier skin.
2. Eat more of dark leafy green vegetables:For skin to be healthy; your body also needs to be healthy internally. The best way to do that is to exercise and eat right. Eating right is an even more important and it is important to remember to include dark leafy vegetable which are packed with nutrients required by the body. Some examples of these foods are:
c. Brussels sprouts
e. Romaine lettuce, etc.
3. Exercising or incorporating at least some forms of movement:It is important to get into some regimen of exercising or working out, be it yoga, running whichever may be light, but makes you move during the day. This is very important as movement and exercise helps the lymphatic system within the body to make the immune system stronger. This will not only boost immunity, but will also help detoxify the body and hence help the skin become healthier.
4. Carry out detoxification diets and procedures at regular intervals:Detoxifying isn’t just about having a clean diet, but also about detoxifying the skin from the outside. While you can go for a green or fruits only diet or smoothies and cut out many food groups for a few days to detoxify, it is also important to detoxify the skin as well with body wraps, clay treatments, sugar scrubs, salt treatments etc.
5. Manage stress:This is a silent killer in many aspects as stress leads to hypertension and many other ailments. With regards to skin, stress releases cortisol, which over activates the blood vessels and causes it to make the skin over sensitive. This will result in visible redness, blushing and may even cause acne. Get into and start practicing stress management routines to minimize stress that will not only help you have healthy skin but good health in general. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.