Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Uma SunderYour feedback matters!
Hello.. I'm 77 and 20 years ago I had a disastrous TURP. A real butcher job. I was hemoraging for 20 days, I was completely incontinence for 4-5 months, retrograde ejack, etc. On top of all this I could tell the doctor wanted dump me as a.
My name is ashish kumar and I have problem in kidney stone how to it? Without operation naturally its paining any time. If sitting where after 5 min its paining again.
Sir. Everyone tells for kidneys better performance one should take minimum 8 glasses of water. I consume 1 cup tea (with milk and sugar) and 8 to 9 cups of black tea (without sugar) daily. Is there any problem for taking this much daily? Is it a replacement for water?
I am 56 years old. Diabetic for the last 2 years. On metformin 1500mg per day (twice. Will this affect my kidney in future ?
Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with multiple calculi in my left kidney. And the largest one is of 17 mm. Should I go for surgery (as doctors have suggested) or shall I wait to see the effect of ayurvedic medicines which I am eating now. Banana with camphor is what I have been taking till now. Are there chances of getting the stone dissolved, there is no pain now in my abdominal region.
Hii I am 21 year old I have stones in my kidneys I need a solution to get rid of this problem. I also have stones in my gallbladder.
From last one week I am suffering from pain in bladder, is that any infection or what. The pain start in the noon sometime and evening and I don't get relief until I go to my bed. It's light pain but makes me feel discomfort. I use to have approximately 4-5 ltr water daily. Pls suggest me what do I do?
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
My wife has got small stone in her kidney due to this her periods has been on for 9 days is it normal ?
My boyfriend is experiencing some bumps (like pimples) around anus i.e. On the anal line. Is it an infection? What is the cure? His age is 21.
Kindly explain KUB (USG) comments for Bladder `Devoid of Abnormal trabeculotions' Any abnormalities in Bladder?
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
Common causes behind it
- Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys
- Excess deposit of amyloid proteins in the organs, thus taking a toll on the filter mechanism of the kidneys.
- Diabetes affecting the glomeruli (capillaries present in the nephrons of the kidneys).
- Systemic lupus erythematous causing chronic swelling of your kidney.
- Membranous nephropathy wherein the membranes in your glomeruli thicken.
- Infections such as malaria, hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Medications to combat infections and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Kidney Biopsy is an essential part of disease assessment.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors bring down blood pressure levels as well as the amount of protein discharged from the urine.
- Water pills help control sweating, thus, increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
- Statins reduce cholesterol levels.
- Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
- Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
- Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.