Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmaYour feedback matters!
My weight is 57 kg and having bmi 27.27. Little more than normal. I am also very short at my age in 18 is near 5 ft. I want to lose my weight and increase height too. My periods are also irregular (pcos). But my days pass in front of books I have nearly no tym for exercising. What to do?
I took novelon tablet for 3 months n my period comes exactly after 25th day of tablet but this time it is delayed. Is there a chance of getting pregnant.
Lifestyle changes such as eating healthy and exercising are to be incorporated in everyone’s life. The awareness to go organic is being spread wide, mostly because of social media. Analysis of the food we eat and questioning the components of our diet is very much necessary and this has created a lot of facts and myths. In the world that we live in today, we weigh multiple options for choosing the right one. One such comparison is between white eggs and brown eggs. The egg shell color influences consumers to a great extent.
Nutritional value: Eggs are filled with nutritional value. About 70 calories, 6 grams of protein and vitamin B are the components of eggs. Eggs are a very good source of protein. The egg yolk contains a lot of cholesterol. Those who would want to avoid cholesterol can take only the egg white. Carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin are the other nutrients present in eggs. They lower the risk of macular degeneration. Choline, another element present in the eggs helps in memory development.
Types of eggs: The common labels one could see in the case of eggs are free-run, organic, free-roaming, vegetarian fed, Omega-3 enriched and graded eggs. These categories are based on the diet and lifestyle of the hens. Some hens are fed vegetarian food and are not given animal proteins. Some are not caged and are let in open spaces. These hens lay eggs in their nests and some are fed with flax seeds. Such eggs are labeled as Omega-3 enriched.
White vs brown eggs: Here are a few points to ponder about the difference between white eggs and brown eggs.
- Shell: The color of the shell is the major difference between brown and white eggs. The egg shells of brown color are believed to be hard, which is nothing but a myth. Young chickens lay harder shelled eggs.
- Nutritional value: The color does not really determine the egg quality. What really matters is the hen's diet. Two hens, given the same diet, lay eggs with the same nutritional value irrespective of the color of the shell.
- Yolk: It is believed that brown eggs have richly colored yolks when compared to white eggs. This is determined by the amount of corn the hen eats rather than the eggshell color.
- Cost: White chicken lays white eggs and brown chicken lays brown eggs. Brown eggs are costlier than white eggs. This is because the maintenance of brown chickens cost more. They are larger in size and they require more food. This costs the farmers more.
- Taste: White eggs and brown eggs taste the same. There are not many differences when it comes to taste of the eggs. This again depends on the food to the hen.
- Bleaching of white eggs: White eggs are not bleached to make them appear white. As mentioned earlier, the color of the hen influences the color of the eggs. Sometimes brown hens lay white eggs but the color of the resulting white egg is darker than a normal white egg. This has no connection with bleaching.
The nutritional value is the same for both the eggs. The major things that cause a difference between these two eggs are the shell color and cost. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Challenging the myths about mental illness can be a good way to get people thinking and talking…
Myth: People with mental illness can’t work.
Fact: Chances are, you probably work with someone with mental illness.
Myth: Mental health problems are very rare.
Fact: Mental health problems affect one in four people.
Myth: People with mental illness never recover.
Fact: People with mental illness can and do recover.
Myth: People with mental health problems are different from normal people.
Fact: We all have mental health, just like we all have physical health.
Myth: After experiencing a mental health problem, people are weaker.
Fact: Many people who have gone through this actually feel stronger.
Myth: People with mental illnesses are violent and unpredictable.
Fact: People with mental illness are more likely to be a victim of violence.
Myth: It’s best to leave people alone if they develop a mental health problem.
Fact: Most people with mental health problems want to keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues, it can be a great help in their recovery.
Myth: I don’t know anyone with a mental illness.
Fact: Someone you know or love has experienced a mental illness.
Myth: People aren’t discriminated against because of mental health problems.
Fact: Nine out of ten people with mental health problems experience stigma and discrimination.