Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 and a girl. I had unprotected sex yesterday and I think he ejaculated in me. I am not sure. I need help. I had taken ipill on the 11th hour post intercourse. Today I had fever and also urinated many times. I am nervous and doubtful in this situation. My period was on june 1st.
I am 27 and my husband is 28 yrs. From last one year I had aborted 2 times. 1st pregnancy at 7 weeks due to bleeding. 2nd one at 4th month due to a birth defect of baby seen in ultrasound. Defect is anencephaly. Now took gap of 6 months after abortion. We are planning for pregnancy also I am taking folic acid (mcbm-69. Recently I have done Torch test and APL test. In that it seems for Rubella-IgG 4.72 OD ratio I have and for Rubella-IgM I have 1.74 OD Ratio. Pls help me do I have Rubella infection or I am immune to Rubella. Reference range is: Negative: <=0.90 Equivocal: 0.91 - 1.10 Positive: >= 1.11 Positive means do I have infection.
I am 19 years old girl. Every month I suffer from severe menstrual cramps. I feel unable to do anything. I don't take medicine as I do not think medicine is good to be taken at this age and it may affect later. I want to know, is menstrual cramps harmful? If it is so, suggest me some natural remedies. Or measures to be taken during periods.
Hi madam. Biotin plus table which time to take morning or night or afternoon. And any side effects to woman health.
I am 39 years old. I had rheumatoid arthritis 2 years ago. With prompt medication and proper exercises it subsided. But I have put on weight rapidly with b12, injections in just 2 months. I have put on 12 kgs in 2 months. And am not able to shed off that exrra weight. My periods are regular. I am putting on lot of weight. If I exercise I dont gain weight but at the same time am not losing weight. I have also noticed I am getting acne now at this age. What should I do?
I missed my periods. I have a minor problem of PCOD so back 4 months my gynecologist recommend me Tablets T3 and Apcod Obis. Thn she asked me to take 4 months thn you will fine. But still my periods date missed plss tell me wht should I do?
Hi doctor I am a 47 year old healthy female . And while I enjoy sex totally I have never been able to orgasm .
Sir I am recent married 6month ago we are married so I don't need child with in 3 years what type of pills use the my wife without side effects monthly before periods and after period's how many days gap given sir monthly how many pills use for her so please reply after 3 year born for child any reason of pills side effects please reply me sir.
Dear doctor, As I step in my 5th month of pregnancy by god grace can you please help me with diet chart or nutritional diet which is both beneficial for me and child. Please suggest.
Is oral sex good. Me and my partner both like it. I want to cum in her mouth while oral sex. Pls suggest.
My friend having a sex with her bf 3 months back .means sunday she's having a sex with her bf at that time bf used a condom next day when her husband came back to home from business trip she again have a sex with her husband now she is worried about sexual diseases.
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
My friend was bleeding after completion of periods this month. She was bleeding from 5th-9th (periods) this month and suddenly today again a little amount of blood came from vagina. What is the cause for this? Is there any way to reduce this problem.
Hello Sir Main 4-5 month se pragnancy conceive karne ke liye try kar rahe hu marriage ke kuch time baad mujhe pragnancy hue the per kuch problem ke karan success ni hua. Abhe subhe test normal hai kindly advise main kya karu Dr. se bhe consult kiya hua hai aur treatment bhe le rahe hu per kuch farak ni.
I am 20 years old female and its 53 days that I am not getting my period last period occuref after 50 days. I had safe sex last month and also after 1 month of my last period I did hcg urine test with help of test card 2 times & both the times it showed negative result. If it is negative then why my period is so late? what should I do now? please suggest me something. Even I always use to get late period but it never exceed like this. Please help me! thank you.
My partner has a miscarriage last year at sept. Now we r trying but could not concieve. We have done AMH Plus test then after that we have gone through SHG then we trying now. What are chances of havinng baby.
I didn't get my periods on date & later I got my period s but that was not normal I needed only little please help me out what's the problem.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility: Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
- Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
- They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
- As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS: There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
- Ovarian cysts
- Excessive amounts of male hormones
- High levels of insulin
- Fertility problems
- Weight gain
- Ovulation and menstrual problems
- Excess body and facial hair
- Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment: The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS:
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.