Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Dear Sir, My son have fever from last 3 days. We are giving him crocin at Regular interval of 3-4 hours. It works but only for 3-4 hours. Again and again fever coming and mostly it goes at high temperature (upto 103-104). Kindly consult.
Sir this girl is suffering from loose motions and had low fever. Prescribe some medicine for some relief.
I have chronic digestive problem both constipation and diarrhoea due to stress. I am not able to cope up any type of stress, I am unable to sleep well, I am underweight, everybody tease me. I have got lots of hair on mouth, hand, legs, chest. I am mentally disturbed. I am curious to studies but unable to concentrate.
Could you please suggest the supplements needed for me while breastfeeding? I am a vegetarian and my baby is 4 months old.
My baby girl now 15months and 8kgs weight, problem is she used to vomit always from 6, 7months. If she see rice and smell it she feel like vomit. She vomits regularly if her stomach full and from starting piece of food she sound vomit, I am fully depressed, please suggest me.
Pl prescribe home-medicine with respective doses for a 2 years 9 months baby for A) Cough n Cold, B) High Fever (101dgr, C) Pain due to Fall, D) Sudden Vomiting. She is my grand-daughter.
My daughter is 1 month and 5 days she has been getting formula from first week of life. Few week after I notice she constantly poop green, she is not fussy but am worried why her poop is green as it use to be yellowish, from sunday until today its been strictly green poop. Please help me.
My son is going to be seven this August. He suffers from season change/temperature change (sitting in car with a. C on) allergy which leads to stuffy nose very often. This has been happening since around 2.5 years. How to deal with it?
Hello Lybrate Users,
I am posting on this topic as many of users have been asking on the same issue.
1. It has nice taste.
2. Freshness lasts longer.
3. Has good antibacterial property of neem and turmeric.
4. Its soothing action on the cavities and gums.
5. Minimum side effects.
1. It cannot be an alternative to dental treatment as it cannot reverse progression of disease of gums or cavities.
2. As it soothens (obtundant) effect of clove oil on regular basis misguides the pain response which would end up in the end stages of the disease finally results increased cost of dental treatment in late stages of the disease or the tooth should be removed if caries or periodontal progression goes beyond to save the tooth.
3. The turmeric might cause tooth discolouration in long run.
As far as to my knowledge is concern use it just if you want to give a try but I will never recommend on a daily basis.
My 3 years old daughter is suffering from stomach related issues for 1.5 Months. She feels stomach ache (two or three times in a day, last for 10-30 minutes). She is also suffering from gas. She is refusing milk and all time complaining that I have gas. When we supply her meal forcefully she have it but some time he vomit with gas. Apart from it she is also suffering from cold and cough. I have consulted 3 doctors and finally she is under a pediatrician Gastroenteritis. We did following tests and results found normal. 1. Ultrasound whole abdomen 2. Urine and Stool routine 3.Urine and Stool culture Medicine she is taking rit now are: Muout Plus Jar powder- Twice in a day Rantac Syrup- 3.5 ml twice in a day Nizonide syrup- 2.5 ml twice in a day Drotin- 2.5 ml sos if pain Ambrolite syrup-2.5 ml thrice in a day Some test suggested my pedi are: 1. Xray abdomen 2. 25 Hydroxy D3 3. Serum Iga Level 4.CBS 5.TTG (IGA) I am disappointed that she was pretty good till July last week and why her condition is not improving after 1.5 months. Am I missing anything or doing something wrong. Please advise. I can send her all history if required.
Hi I have 7 months baby boy and he fell off from bed on. The reverse side that means on the side of nose, mouth. What will happen if he fell from bed?
My baby is 4 months old, she is suffering from pechish (loose motion) please suggest me right medicine.
My two months old son has increased his feed demands and diet, but he vomits extra semi digested milk, after few feeds and does potty 2-3 times a day. Is it all fine or his growth is being interrupted? Kindly help.
My child is of 3 years. He is having vomiting problem. Whenever he runs he start having cough and then he vomit. Whenever he is having cough 90% he vomit. We consulted many doctor but everybody is saying cough problem. We treated for the same but still problem is same.
My daughter is 15 months old. She is active. I am giving milk, rice, vegetables and fruits in daily food. Shall I start her giving non veg. please suggest me what to give for better growth of my baby. Her weight is 2.8 kg at birth. Now she is only 8.5 kg. I consulted pediatrician also. I am giving min min syrup daily.
My son age is 2 month from last 2 days he is crying daily in evening however he never demand for milk please suggest what is the reason and he is having hernia, I am very much worrying about my child please help.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.