Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. UdayandarYour feedback matters!
I have acute muscular pain behind shoulder (left) with swelling and also in left hand upto elbow. please suggest best medicine and gel.
I am suffering from joint pains. Mainly my fingers of hand and knee are paining. The pain sometimes become less. I can't move my index finger. What should I do. Thanks in advance.
Getting older. Back pain is more common the older you get. You may first have back pain when you are 30 to 40 years old.
Poor physical fitness. Back pain is more common in people who are not fit.
Being overweight. A diet high in calories and fat can make you gain weight. Too much weight can stress the back and cause pain.
Hi I have osteo arthiritis. What should be my diet and how can I reduce the pain in my knee joint. I am 61 years old
I have pain in my both of the knees very badly from last 2 months so what you suggest for me to relief permanently thanks please tell me.
I am 57 year old man used to play badminton daily in morning I feel pain in left foot ankle after some time it dis appears what should I do.
My son's shoulder recently displaced by small accident. We went hospital now it's OK. But doctor said should be rest for 6 weeks. Give me some advice from u please.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease concerning the bones. Decreased strength of the bones poses a risk for them to break. Osteoporosis is very common among older people, whose bones become brittle with age. The most common bones affected by this disease include the backbone, forearm bones and the hip bone. There are no such symptoms until a broken bone occurs. The bones weaken to such an extent that a break may happen in case of very minor stress. Usually, a broken bone is followed by chronic pain and the disability to perform daily activities. Surveys show that 15% of white people in their 50s and 70% of white people in their 80s are affected by osteoporosis.
What are the common causes and symptoms of osteoporosis?
- May occur due to the lowering of the 'peak bone mass index'.
- In women, bone loss increases after menopause stage due to lowering down of estrogen level.
- Also occurs because of another disease or previous treatments. This includes alcoholism, surgical ovary removal, hyperthyroidism, anorexia or any form of kidney disorder.
- Anti-seizure medicines, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and taking of performance-enhancing drugs like steroid increase the bone loss rate.
- Lack of regular exercise may lead to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is defined as a 'bone density of 2.5 standard deviations below than that of a young adult'.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary in nature. People having a family history of osteoporosis are at a high risk of getting the disease.
- More than thirty genes are linked with osteoporosis development.
- If you have had a fracture before, you are at a risk of a repeat.
- Early menopause in women is also responsible for osteoporosis.
- People with a small structure and body build are at a risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Protein and vitamin deficiency makes your bones weak and makes you vulnerable to osteoporosis.
- Phosphoric acid present in soft drinks is another threat, which may cause the disease.
- People suffering from malnutrition are likely to get osteoporosis.
- Over replacement of L-Thyroxine may lead to osteoporosis.
- Use of heparin and warfarin for a long time decreases the bone density.
How can Osteoporosis be prevented?
The best way to avoid getting osteoporosis in the future is to maintain a preventive lifestyle.
- Exercise regularly
- Indulge in natural calcium sources
- Maintain intake of vitamin D and K
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol
- Don't undertake stressful physical activities
- Go for regular health checkups
- Stay fit and stay away from obesity
Osteoporosis is a disease you must stay away from. It leaves you physically incapable and unfit.
Gap between two bones reduced in my left knee leading intolerable pain while walking and sometimes sitting also.Xray shown OA changes. Remedy please ?
Some causes of chronic stiffness and pain in neck and upper back are:
Sitting for long hours, poor posture, prolonged driving, reading while sleeping, improper sleeping habits can cause muscle tightness and strain.
Ageing can cause wearing out of neck joints, bulging discs and small bone spurs can grow on the side of the spine causing severe pain.
Discs or bone spurs can cause pinching of nerves which can cause tingling or numbness in hands and weakness. The pinched nerves can refer pain down the arm or upper back area.
Car accidents causing sudden jerking of neck called whiplash injuries cause strain in the neck muscles.
Some diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, meningitis, cancer etc can also cause neck pain.
For immediate relief of neck pain and tightness try these simple stretches: (check with your doctor if you can do these exercises if you have severe pain and or numbness)
*sit up straight and try to look behind you without moving your back. Hold 15 seconds and repeat 3 times both sides.
*draw you chin in as if trying to get double chin. Hold 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
*tilt your neck sideways till you feel a nice stretch. Hold 15 seconds. Repeat 3 times each side.