Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I have some problems on my head there are lots of dandruff. Now I cleaned (save) my head. Is there any solutions to from the problem.
Am sana 31f having hair loss from 8 months. No thyroid and CBP is normal. But having vitamin b12 <50 and vit d 4.17 ng/ no. Now am taking b12 shots and vit d capsule. From 4 days. When I Will see my Hair growth and controls hair fall. Or do I need to anything better option. Will I get my Hair back or not. Pls.
My two child one girl 18 year and one son 16 year they can not speaking from birth delivery is normal pls if have any treatment.
I have white spot on my hip & my thigh and I should use the cream and medicine from one year I should not satisfied from them what should I do?
Accidentally I got injured with some black dots on face and now it become a bad icon on my face. I need help to get it erased. What should I do?
I want remove black spot and pimples on my face. Its look so bad. So please tell me wht should I do.
My age is 20 I have pimples on face & I m several creams but the pimples are not going on my face give me the best solution.
Sir/madam, I have silky hair and I do head bath twice a week. But within these two days only my hair becomes very oily as if it is applied (though I did not apply it. How to control my oil secretions in hair and look dry long time. I even used tablets prescribed by dermatologist,(both for oily skin and hair) then some dry white scales appeared on my face. I think bcoz of lack of oil due tablets. And doctor told to discontinue it. please prescribe measures to control oil secretions especially in hair.
The skin around the eyes is usually one of the first areas to show signs of aging. There are four noticeable changes that occur around our eyes as we get older. These are:
- Sagging upper eyelids
- Eye bags
- Scleral show
There are many causes for these conditions and they affect each person differently. While some people show signs of aging early, others continue to look youthful for longer.
Let's take a look at four common causes for our eyes to show signs of aging:
- Loss of fat and bone tissue: As we age, the fat in our facial muscles begins to clump up and shifts downwards. As this happens skin begins to sag. The loss of fat is also accompanied by a loss in bone tissue. This makes the skin under the eyes sag further as they lose their underlying support. A loss of fat and bone tissue also leads to hollow surfaces on the skin which results in dark circles.
- Loss of collagen: Collagen is a protein that gives the skin its strength and structure. It is also important in the production of new skin cells. Collagen production is affected by a number of factors such as exposure to UV radiation, smoking and high sugar intake. While these are controllable factors, one uncontrollable factor that affects the production of collagen is aging. As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, the production of collagen reduces. With the loss of collagen, skin becomes thinner and veins become more visible. This also results in a thinner epidermis that makes fine lines appear and causes wrinkles around the eyes.
- Loss of elasticity: Along with collagen the other protein responsible for the firmness of skin is elastin. Elastin helps the skin return to its original state after being stretched or pinched. As we grow older, the production of elastin is also reduced. This loss of elasticity is visible around the eyes as skin begins to droop. The eyelid muscles are also one of the most used muscles in our body. We use them unconsciously every time we open and close our eyes, squint, wink etc. As the amount of elastin is reduced the eyelid skin no longer returns to its normal state every time it is used. Thus it triggers the appearance of wrinkled skin around the eyes.
- Weak muscles: Muscles also grow weaker as we get older. This causes the fat sacks to protrude through the skin leading to bags under the eyes and puffiness. A weak levator muscle responsible for lifting the upper eyelids can also cause the eyelid to appear droopy.
I am 22 years old and suffering from lots hair fall. Now a days white hair also started to come. I don't know what to do. My profession is software and am staying in bangalore. Can you what can I do for this.
I am 23 years old male. I am suffering white flakes on my scalp. I used many anti dandruff shampoos. Its not curing. Can you please give me remedy?
Hair thinning and loss of hair is very common in today's lifestyle. Excessive stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, a poor diet can be listed as the major environmental culprits but genetics too plays an important role in premature hair loss. There are plenty of hair growth products that promise results but very few work. Here are some effective hair re-growth treatments that have been proven to be successful.
- Finasteride (Propecia)- Finasteride is an umbrella term for the Propecia and Proscar. If you are affected by DHT (dihydrotestosterone), it will cause your hair follicles to become smaller until they have shrunk to the point they can't grow any hair. Finasteride reduces the effects of DHT up to 70% and even causes hair to grow back. It can take from 3 months up to a year for it to show any results. This has been often referred as the best hair loss treatment available with little to no side effects.
- Minoxidil- Minoxidil was originally a remedy to treat high blood pressure, but several users reported its hair growth effects, it was then manufactured as a topical medication for hair loss. Minoxidil works by stimulating the hair follicles by enlarging the blood vessels which causes more nutrients and oxygen to flow into the follicle leading to hair growth. Users can notice significant growth from 2 to 3 months of using Minoxidil.
- Prostaglandin analogs- These are relatively new options which are currently being examined of their hair growth potentials. These are mainly used as eyelash enhancements now but scientists are hopeful that they soon can be treated for hair loss.
Related Tip: How to Control Hair Loss Through Ayurveda?