Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tushar ShahYour feedback matters!
I have yellow teeth. It's spoiling my style. I am using close up. But it's make any changes. Suggest some good tips please?
His mouth smell sometimes when he ate chicken what's the matter I am not getting please can you help me to sort my problem.
Hello sir, mere mouth me bahut saare chale ho gaye Hain jo medicine lene par bhi 2 weeks se theek nahi ho rahe Hain aur chalo aur daanto me bahut pain bhi hota hai main tobacco aur smoking bhi nahi karta please help.
When I brush my teeth, I have bleeding from gums. What is the best treatment to stop this? I am 48 years old, non diabetic and no other health problems.
Hi, I am 28 yrs old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
Doc I am tested 10th week and 14th week tridot test do not know what generation. After unsafe exposure. They came non reactive. But my symptoms are not leaving me. I am very tensed from last month still today. I have lost 8 kg of weight also. Thought of being hiv pos is killing me. These are my symptoms. 1.weak shoulder at point. Two weeks now 2.neck tight. Two weeks now 3.heavy head. From start 4.oral thrush. More than month 5.hairy tongue. Same 6.tiny red dots on tongue. Same 7.body trigger points fluctuate. Two weeks 8.armpit lymph. First symptom at least 2.5-month-old 1.5 cm 9.penis gland discolored. Sometime feels 10. Extra dry skin. Legs face hands 11. Sometime raised dots appeared on penis glan some time plain 12. Skin rash in first week 13.102 fever for 4-5 days in starting 14. Depression. Still today I had zocon for 10 days but no response. Now I have shown to ent. He is again given allegra and betadine gargle with antiseptic gel to apply. But I see no difference. Please help and suggest what to do. Is it Hiv? please reply.
My mother is going to have full lower jaw denture. Our dentist given option to choose indian or foreign denture. Is there any difference in the quality between those apart from the price? Pls suggest me the better choice.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health of an individual. Dental health is equally affected with use of tobacco. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe effects like oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue and lips. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains on the teeth do not easily go away with a scaling (Cleaning of teeth), they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria and dryness in the mouth leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (decay around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: Use of tobacco in itself cause bad breath which is exacerbated by dry mouth caused by useof tobacco.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!