Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. TusharYour feedback matters!
I suffer bad breath, although I maintain my tooth well, what is the reason and do I need a treatment, is there any home medicine or natural way treatment.
Dental implants are a type of a treatment that is carried out to replace missing teeth. During the process of extracting a damaged tooth, the root and the crown are removed. So, a dental implant involves placing a tooth on a precise titanium insert which is surgically placed on the jawbone. These supporting inserts are placed in the jawbone because they fuse with the jawbone (similar to orthopedic plates) and thus provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of implant placement
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density,initial fit of the implant during surgery,the other teeth,area of jaw,loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately,followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone.After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly.The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause.Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.
I need some suggestions regarding my wisdom teeth. Every year in winter season it starts growing slowly. The wisdom teeth growing in very small area. Because of this lower jaw left side corner gum it's coming in between lower jaw n upper jaw. Because of this reason my gum swelling n not allowing to stretch. Infact getting very severe pain n unable to chew. Almost 70% came but the remaining part of wisdom covered with gums & gum swollen & radish. Please give reply as soon as possible.
Hello doctor My teeth are becoming loose And my teeth are already loose since my childhood But recently I have lost my front tooth Is it possible I get my foot grow up by it self? Pls let me know the precaution to be taken for my teeth.
I have a problem in gum which is very loosely attached to my teeth how to rectify this problem. So I need quick advice please respond it.
What's the correct way of brushing teeth. Suggest me a video link so that I can gain even better knowledge on it. Thank you.
My front upper 2 teeth are bigger than others and one tooth broken at lower edge corner its not good looking am 23 years old. plz suggest me to smile GOOD
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that teeth are held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options - relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, it has a correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Second is the choice of braces.
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then used to connect all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not aesthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. They are aesthetically okay and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, consult a dentist and find out how!
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not response good. What should I do?
Sir. Mai pahle gutkha khata tha isliye mere teeth kuch gande ho gaye hai ise pahle jaise white bnana hai to iske liye kya karna hoga bataye . Thanku.
I have alot of mouth ulcer for at least 7 to 8 month in a year many doctor has fail to explain reason is their any cure. Basic medicine like bicomplex n all I have taken a lot.
I am 27 year old working and I like to eat raw rice, slate chalks and etc. I wants to avoid but I could not do it, whenever I eat those items I have little bit pain in my stomach next morning and blisters in mouth and truth. Please consult me what can I do for this habit?
It's a common question. Does Mouth wash really removes cavities and bad breath? Using Mouth wash daily is a good practice? If yes, which mouth wash is best? Can I use Listerine? - Thanks.
I am having white discharge problem which is cough like or saliva like in consistency with foul odour, I had taken medication before but relief is only wen under medication wen I stopped taking medication then after a months or days it recur again n again. I really want to figure out the etiology of this n permanent solution. So please help me out as early as possible.
Hello sir/mam, I'm 22 years old I drink tea until now but my teeth was slightly visible to some tea colour on my teeth. It is not pure white so, How to recovery.
Sensitivity of the teeth can be because of multiple reasons
1)Too hard brushing or brushing your teeth with a hard brush can wear off the proctective layer of your teeth called the enamel which can lead to sensitivity.
2)Rubbing of acidic food , baking soda etc can wear off the enamel.
3)Drinking Aerated drinks on regular basis.
4)Conditions like hard clenching or bruxism