Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Patient Review Highlights
Children are highly at risk of developing a common cold. It has been said that 22 million school days are lost each year because of the common cold. This can easily be prevented by a number of simple measures. Here are the most common methods which people take to make sure that they do not catch the flu:
- Make your child wash their hands: This is the most common reason for children getting the common cold. It is possible that whatever you touch may get infected with your germs and pass on to your children. This can happen even hours later. Therefore, it is crucial that you wash your hands as often as possible and if this is not possible, you should at least make your child use a hand sanitizer.
- Do not sneeze into your hands: When you sneeze into your hands, the virus clings to your hands. Therefore, when you sneeze, try to sneeze into a tissue or at least into the inside of your elbow so that your child does not get cold.
- Educate your child not to touch his/her face: Colds can only enter your body through the eyes, nose and mouth. Tell your kids not to touch their faces so that they do not catch a virus.
- Make your child do aerobic exercise: Aerobic exercise increases your heart rate and this means, that it also increases the ability of the body to kill viruses.
- Give your child foods with phytochemicals: Green, red and yellow vegetable and fruits are very good at fighting off viruses. Eat them so that the natural virus fighting ability of the body is increased.
- Do not allow your child to come near smoke: Smoking reduces the body's ability to fight off cold. This is why smokers get more severe and more frequent colds. It has been said that one cigarette can stop cilia from working for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Relax: There is also a lot of evidence that your immune system is stronger when you are not stressed out. Try to see that your child is not stressed from school or any other place which may cause them stress.
Eggs are a common food, which are also incredibly nutritious as well. There are a number of important nutrients in it including vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, B12, D, E and K as well as folate, phosphorous, selenium, calcium and zinc. All of these are contained within just one boiled egg, which also contains 6 grams of protein as well as 5 grams of healthy fats. Not only do you get all of these nutrients with just one boiled egg, it's calorie count is pretty healthy as well.
Here are the health benefits which all of these nutrients give:
- Eggs do not raise blood cholesterol: It is true that when you eat eggs, cholesterol enters your body. However, eggs also give a signal for the liver to stop producing the cholesterol it usually produces. The increase in the intake of cholesterol compensates for the decrease in the cholesterol produced by the liver and therefore keeps the blood cholesterol levels constant.
- Eggs have choline: Choline is an incredibly important nutrient for your body. This is because it helps build cell membranes and is also crucial when it comes to the production of certain signalling molecules in the brain. A single egg has about 100 milligrams of this nutrient and therefore is one of the best sources of it.
- Eggs are good for your eye: Eggs have two very important nutrients for your eyes. These are Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients stop degenerative processes from occurring in the eye.
- Eggs have high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids: Eggs that are boiled have a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids in them. Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for reducing the chances of you suffering from heart disease due to the fact that it reduces your triglyceride levels.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein: This is the biggest reason to eat eggs. Eating eggs helps you to lose weight, optimizing bone health and lowering blood pressure.
- Egg may reduce the risk of stroke: Studies have shown that eggs are not only good for your heart, but they also reduce the likelihood of suffering from a stroke.
If getting quality sleep is something that you may not be experiencing regularly, you need to take steps to correct it. Sleep improves your health and revitalizes your body allowing your body to be refreshed and energetic.
In today's world, getting quality sleep has become a luxury due to various factors like excessive work and the internet. There are certain tips, which you may follow to improve the quality of your sleep. Some of them are:
- Limit caffeine intake: Drinking too much coffee stimulates the body making you energized and thus hampering your ability to fall asleep. Aim to avoid coffee at least 5-6 hours before you go to sleep.
- Follow a sleep schedule: You should make it a habit to go to bed and wake up at the same time on a regular basis. This will allow you to fall asleep easily as the body's internal sleep cycle is reinforced, thus facilitating better sleep.
- Try to create a comfortable environment: Comfort is an important factor when it comes to sleep. A proper environment with comfortable clothing allows you to relax and experience better sleep. Make sure the room is dark, cool and quiet to help you fall asleep faster.
- Pre-sleep routine: You may follow a ritual before you go to sleep on a regular basis as this may help in preparing the body for sleep. Taking a bath or engaging in mediation for a few minutes are wonderful practices to follow before you sleep.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis as this will allow you to sleep better. Exercises also releases endorphins that improves your overall wellbeing.
- Reduce stress: Aim to reduce stress as this will allow you to sleep better. Stress may cause anxiety and insomnia which may impair your sleep.
- Eat light meals for dinner: Eating carbohydrates laden meals for dinner may hamper your digestion and cause problems in your sleep. So eat light meals and preferably two hours before you go to bed.
Diabetes is a disease that affects the way your body deals with glucose in the blood and the glucose absorbed from the food you ingest. Diabetes is generally of two basic types - Type 1 and Type 2. Apart from these two types, there are other kinds as well including gestational diabetes that some women suffer from during their pregnancy. Type 2 Diabetes is a condition where the cells of the body do not make proper use of the insulin being produced by the pancreas.
Living with this kind of a condition may seem debilitating at first, but here are a few things you can do to make life easier despite Type 2 Diabetes.
- Weight: Being overweight is one the foremost side effects and sometimes, even cause of Type 2 Diabetes. To make your life easier, you can lose weight so that the complications involved are that much less. Diet and exercise are key for appropriate weight loss. Watch your diet so that you can eliminate high cholesterol as well. This can ensure that unnecessary amount of fat does not stick to your muscles and organs, which in turn will fuel better functioning of the same.
- Health Care Providers: Being fit with Type 2 Diabetes does not merely mean staying within your normal weight range. It also means taking care of your medication and insulin doses so that you can function in a more normal way. Make your family and friends your support system as you go about life so that people can help you and recognize symptoms when something goes wrong. Be in constant touch with your health care providers and the general physician you see so that they are in the loop and you know exactly what to do in case there is an emergency.
- Exercise: Being active is a great way to keep your blood sugar level low even as you ensure that you heart is in good condition. This will further eliminate the risk of heart disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. Sweating it out also helps the insulin work in a better manner within your body.
- Balance: While you may be asked to remove sugar from your diet, there is no need to stay away from proper meals. You can have a fiber rich diet that also has plenty of fruits and vegetables so that you get your due nutrition to maintain a fit body.
Watching your lifestyle is the main thing you need to do if you are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.
What is initial stage of high blood pressure and blood sugar? And how we protected our self from those diseases?
I am suffering from diabetes. What should I do in this summer season.? What should be my diet? Should I do any exercise.?
What are the symptoms of malaria? It is a ver huge problem nowadays so please tell me the symptoms of malaria.
I am habitual of chewing supari, I am having little bit pain in my throat, though I am having 72 kg weight and 42 years old. Please suggest me.
Sir I have sore throat since last 3 days I have not taken any antibiotic till now I am 49 a teacher by profession and every morning when I go for jogging I find a small quantity of cough come from throat I am diabetic today my post meal sugar is 187 please suggest me some medicine. Thnx a lot.
I'm 20 year old. I suffer from asthma, my blood pressure is 140/100 mmg. How can I control it without taking any medicine?
I am having a stomach pain. Since last 30days. Consulted a doctor they are saying it is ulcer problem. I want to know is it curable or not.
I am suffering for cold what should I do to get rid from cold and headache? What are the symptoms for malaria?
What is it?
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Apply an ice pack wrapped in a towel to the neck.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
- If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call their doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.