Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thomas John
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Thomas JohnYour feedback matters!
Why do I get the "final destination" feeling when the flight sit in takes off? Do movies really play a part in a person's mind psychologically?
I am girl of 22 years of age and I am pursuing CA and I saw failure many a times. I used to get in anger very soon, I used to cry a lot, I used to irritate a lot. I think everyone scolds me a lot. I know all these things are totally wrong but I can't stop myself. Please help me out with this.
I have the problem of headache on back side and sleepless. When i go to bed there is some thoughts is coming in mind. When i consult to AIIMS doctor. he told me that you have some anxiety problem but i think i have the some systems of depression. Doctor advise me to take 2-tablet of "amitriptyline" 25 mg in night. I am taking this medicine fro 3 months but i did not get as much relief. I could not understand what should i do. please suggest me. Is it depression problem or not ? Is it treatable ? l will be always thankful to you.
I am a 21 year old male. I am having body pain since 2 days. I feel it most of the times at the upper part near my chest, shoulders and also at the back. The pain gets worse if I am moving my neck or shoulder and due to this I can't sleep well. The pain is also felt sometimes near my waist. I don't do any workouts. What is causing this? Is it an infection or what?
My wife is suffering from HT and polyuria. She is also suffering from Parkinson’s disease. She had CABG done in 2005 followed by Angioplasty done in 2014 and 2016. Currently she is suffering from polyuria and Nocturia. There is no improvement with Silodal 8, Soliten 5 or Roliten 2. She has lost 30 kgs wt and has become very weak and frail.
Sir I always remain stressed. I always remain like I m gonna loose everything. Insecurity makes me feel awkward. Sir please suggest me how to make me happy. Is there any physical or mental problem? Anything to do with eating and all? Or it is normal for a 22 year old guy to behave in such a manner. Last one I guess don't exist. Sir please solve my problem at the earliest.
I am a smoker from last 5 years and I want to leave this habit as soon as possible. I am taking the support of gym exercises and tea coffee for leaving this habit and also I succeeded to reduce it in last few days. Few days ago, I was using near about 16-17 cigarettes per day and now I reduced it to 4-5 per day but now I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Is there any possible way for it?
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.