Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Thomas JohnYour feedback matters!
This is to psychologist! Hello doctor! I feel depressed, I feel like to end my life. I feel like am loser and I won't get a job. I have a gut feeling always that I have Oly one option to suicide! I always want to be alone. Am an engineering student. With greater difficulty clearing out. I always feel am nothing and no more. I don't understand whom to tell my feelings! I don't understand what to do? I don't like to share these things with my parents. I'm depressed and I just want to end my life. This is what always runs in my mind. I am helpless and I don't understand what to do. I am smoking alot. Just to keep my self calm. But still no sleep during nights. Just feels like hell. I need help some suggestions. I am not understanding at all. What to do?
I am 25 years old female. From last some days after my breakup. I am suffering from loss ofappetite, I try to focus on work but. I keep crying holding past thing because of which my personal and professional life both are spoiled. I am not well at all.
I don't drink or smoke but sometimes my hand starts shaking for no reason is it a cause for concern?
Hello I am suffer for tinnitus from two year. ent specialist say your auditory vain become week no treatment now I am suffer for anxiety. any treatment that cure me.
I am 19 years old female I'm doing my college due to lots of work and family problem I have a lots of tension and health problems like headache increasing weight etc.
Dear Doctor. I am male aged 44 years height 175 cm weight 78 kg working in the Central Government office. Since childhood I have been suffering from Anxiety problem (specifically social anxiety) and I have been taking treatment since 1998 and till date there no respite. I took all type of treatments and therapies but no respite. My symptoms are unable to laugh freely when I talk to others and get pain the jaws. My jaws becomes freeze. It looks awkward to me. Kindly suggest any suitable medicines in Ayurved please.
Hi I have been suffering from mental fatigue and some other problems Planning to take an omega 3 supplement It would be helpful if you recommend a good and effective one.
I am taking antidepressants from last 4 years for anxiety and depression now I am on minimum dosage as I am almost recovered but from last 4 months I am having problem with my erection which is weak and I am not able to sustain it for long now I am facing performance anxiety and maybe these are side effects of medicines I am married for last 11 years I was having problem of premature ejaculation but not of erection please tell me proper solution and also tell how to get rid of antidepressants and please tell how long it will take to recover after leaving antidepressants.
Hi sir, im 22 years old. My pennis size is tooo small (1.5 inches flaccid) when compared to others and erected size also too small about 3-4 inches and girth also so less. I'm getting depressed every time when I see it. How can I overcome this problem? I had a surgery to my pennis when am 10 years old.
I am a male, 79 years old. I have recently contracted parkinson' s disease. I get a very strange feeling in the head which is difficult to describe. It makes me very uneasy. Also I feel very sleepy. Any remedy?
im mentally getting stressed whenever i feel alone. i hurting myself when i cannot take mental stress n im confused in choosing my career. i dunno why i feeling like stuck off n i was never this way before. im getting over concious about my career n feeling like hell by cannot helping myself :(
If you thought that fame and money are enough to keep a human being happy and healthy, then you could not be more mistaken. Mental and physical ailments can affect anyone at any time. Celebrities in particular are even more prone to mental disorders with their stressful lives that are centred around topping their past success with even more success, and filling their bank accounts with even more money.
So let us cast a glance on the Bollywood or Indian movie industry stars who have suffered from mental disorders:
- Shah Rukh Khan: After his shoulder surgery, Shah Rukh Khan went through a bout of severe and debilitating depression. This surgery had to take place due to an injury sustained on set during the year 2008. Depression and anxiety are known to affect people who have been going through chronic physical ailments and are forced to give up an overactive lifestyle. When this jet setting superstar was confined to bed, he fell into a state of despair and hopelessness. With the help of therapy and positive thinking, he was able to get back on his feet again and portray his charismatic persona on screen.
- Deepika Padukone: The dimpled actress recently came out in the open about her recent brush with depression and anxiety when she was busy promoting her blockbuster movies. She ended up going for therapy and taking control of the problem before it took control of her life. Once she had recovered from the overwhelming phase with proper therapy, she began to support mental health care causes so that more people would become aware and learn to take the necessary steps once they recognised the symptoms.
- Parveen Babi: She was one of the most beautiful actresses of her time who was also featured on the Time Magazine cover - a huge feat for an Indian celebrity at that point! Shortly after being diagnosed with depression and paranoid schizophrenia, she moved to USA. Overwhelmed with chronic depression and debilitating schizophrenia, she ended her life with suicide at her apartment in Mumbai.
- Sanjay Dutt: He may have played and aced the role of Doctor Munna Bhai on screen, but this actor suffered from insomnia and depression during his prison stay. The untimely demise of his mother and legal hassles followed by marital problems led to this state until he took the initiative to recover and get back to a normal way of living.
- Manisha Koirala: This well known actress suffered from acute clinical depression during her short marriage. With therapy and divorce behind her, she has started scripting her new life again.
These celebrities show us that we must take charge and bounce back no matter how profound the problem.