Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thakkar Nayan G
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Thakkar Nayan GYour feedback matters!
Eyelid spacer grafts are widely used by cosmetic surgeons for treating abnormalities in the lower eyelid. Spacer grafts are surgically used for tectonic support. Spacer grafts are scientific and the technology used helps in virally inactivating tissues, and also in the preservation and sterilization of tissues. They are immunologically and biologically safe. Eyelid spacer grafts are commonly used after undergoing a blepharoplasty surgery of the eyelids
When are eyelid spacer grafts used?
Many people have puffy and fat eyelids. Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which effectively cures such disorders. The process involves removal of extra fat and skin from the lower eyelids and trimming of excess skin. Eyelid retraction is another condition pertaining to the eyelids, where the eyelids look like they have been pulled down. This condition arises from the removal of too much skin during blepharoplasty. Loose ligament support and excess scarring in the eyelids also lead to eyelid retraction. When this condition does not cease in the post- operational period, eyelid spacer grafts may be used.
Benefits of eyelid spacer grafts
- Eyelid spacer grafts are effective and helpful in a large number of conditions. The major benefit of spacer grafts is to repair lowered eye retraction after carrying out a blepharoplasty surgery.
- The eyelids are lengthened vertically as a result of using eyelid spacer grafts. This helps in better closure of the lids and also reduces eye irritation in patients.
- The eyelids are made to look more natural when they are in resting position. Spacer grafts are placed at the back of an eyelid. Thus, they are not visible from the outside.
- The recovery time after using eyelid spacer grafts is almost the same as most eyelid surgeries in general. The results are usually very effective.
- Eyelid space grafters are not the only ones used for repairing eyelid retraction, but these are certainly one of the most efficient ones. They give proper support to the lower eyelid, which is required for the proper closure of the eyelids and maintain proper eyelid positioning after a blepharoplasty surgery.
- Eyelid spacer grafts ensure permanent cure of eyelid retraction, and it is unlikely that this disorder will occur again after eyelid spacer grafts have been used.
- Eyelid spacer grafts have proven to be one of the best remedies for eyelid retraction, which many people experience after having a blepharoplasty surgery. There are different types of eyelid spacer grafts that will be recommended by your surgeon to correct eyelid retraction, depending on your case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I have constant headache and eyes pain what is the reason behind is it because of excess use of gadgets?
Dear sir, I am wearing glasses from last two years, my left side glasses have 1.50 cylindrical and 1.25 spherical and similarly right side eye have 1.50 spherical and 1.25 cylindrical. My question is are there any chances for bringing back my eye sight in future again or is there any natural remedies, should I opt for laser eye surgery in future and wat are the expenses, merits and demerits. Thank you.
Hi After typing on computer when I look at some one or something they look more than one or cannot seen clearly. What is the reason of it.
Sir I am student I reading books in night but my problem is my eyesight is some days weak my eyes is readcolor in reading time.
I have red eyes from last few days and a little headache I took some medicine but no effect what should I do.
One of the most cutting edge eye procedures which has been very successful in practice and has been loved by millions of patients is LASIK. LASIK is a form of eye surgery performed with the help of a precise laser and is very effective in correcting nearsightedness, farsightedness as well as astigmatism (imperfections with the shape of the cornea). With any such procedure, there are bound to be myths which arise out of misconceptions. Some of those myths as well as the advantages of LASIK have ben enumerated below:
Myth # 1 – Lasik can only be performed up to a certain age
Many people think that LASIK cannot be performed on people of advanced age. This is a misconception as LASIK has been performed on people above 90 as well. There are some considerations however, such as the health of the person and the condition of the eyes. If there are no medical objections, then LASIK can be performed regardless of the age of the person. Doctors also tend to wait till young adulthood (around 18-20 years of age) before performing LASIK. However, LASIK procedures have been performed on young children with severe vision problems as well.
Myth # 2 – The technology behind LASIK is too new and thus not yet perfected
This is yet another commonly propagated myth about LASIK. The technology for this procedure has been around for quite some time and has ben performed with increasing regularity since the 1980s. There have been multiple long term studies done on people who underwent LASIK surgery and almost all of them have had favorable results both in the short term as well as the long term. It is a properly established field and means of treatment within ophthalmology and is subject to the same stringent standards testing as other treatments within the field of medicine.
Myth # 3 – LASIK can cause many complications such as dry eyes and night glares
Any surgical procedure has a certain chance of complications occurring. However, LASIK tends to have very low occurrences of complications. What many people tend to confuse complications with is the normal healing procedure. Dry eyes and night glares usually occur after the first few weeks of the procedure and is part of the healing process of the body. It usually tends to go way with the first few months itself.
Myth # 4 – Contact lenses are better than LASIK
While contact lenses do serve a purpose in correcting vision, they can often contribute to eye infections as well as irritations and headaches. Also contact lenses need to be changed every few weeks or so. LASIK surgery eliminates all of these hassles and you can have perfectly clear vision without having to worry about all the problems that contact lenses bring with them.
Myth # 5 – The LASIK procedure is painful
No other myth is farther from the truth. In this procedure, the surgeon creates a thin flap like structure out of the tissue within the cornea with the help of a laser. This layer is then used to reshape the cornea and thus correct vision problems. Antiseptic and numbing eye drops are used when performing this surgery which results in minimal discomfort that only stays during the initial stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist and ask a free question.