Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Tervan Taranchan GYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old . Due to family issue my unconditional love with my soulmate got break up . He never make one cell or msg till now so tis sudden loneliness n ignorance makes Me so depressed.
Sir, I am 31 years male till not married. Due to stress nd anxiety I was getting BP. How to control it. Please send me your thought. How to get positive mindset?
I am 52 years of age and doing job. I am suffering with anxiety disorder. It is partly genetic. And over reaction in any situation and became most un control eagerness (maaro ya maro wali / kill and die ). I am also a most emotional person. Future worried. Please Prescribe me tablet which is suitable for me. After taking tablet I can do my jab? un- nessary need nahi aani chahiye. I donot take any type of nashaa. I am adiabatic patient controlled by medicines.
I lost my love last month and I am feeling very depressed and I am not able to do my work. Please help me.
I feeling depressed and inferior by over thinking about the situation. How can be strong and overcome this situation.
from bangalore. I am32 yrs house wife. My fist delivery was at 20 yrs old. 2nd baby is at 32 years. After my first delivery I have heard about a news that a mother killed her baby by dipping him in washing machine water. After hearing that news I got choked. It was in my mind for a week. Latter on I had a fear that I will also do the same sin. But actually I don't feel to do the same at any cost. But I have a doubt whether I do it or not? it was disturbing my mind around six months. Latter it gone out of my mind. Now after my second delivery the same thought is disturbing me whether I harm r pain my baby? is it a mental disease? do I need to take any medicine?
I've been single all my life. Everytime I talk to woman I have fear of rejection. I always feel embarrassed to talk about it Can anyone help?
My son, nikhil is suffering from acute negativity. His age is 19. Saying to leave home n wouldn't keep any connection with us. Says he is burden for us. For last two yers his behaviour seems aggressive n opposing. The current incident happened after taking back his mobile as instead of studying he always engaged with it. Pls. Advice some effective medicine. Thanks!
I am 18 year of age. I have brain problem. My brain is slow. If somebody ask me question I can't answer instantly whether I know. please tell me how to sharp brain.
I am suffering from anxiety related health problems, I had visited multiple doctors but couldn't get much better. Usually I stay awake for 2-3 days and night. My wife is very worried and trying her best to find some useful healing. I 've added weight dark skin on my cheeks, fat belly.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.