Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tasneem JawadwalaYour feedback matters!
My baby is born with brachial plexus birth injury. Now she is 6 months old, we have consulted few orthopedics n neurologists all they have said is go for surgery. Is that problem wont recover with physioteraphy? if we go for surgery also will there be any side effects for baby in future? kindly advise.
Our twin child born at 27 weeks with the weight of 1000 gm and 800 gm. After one month now. First baby improved well with weight 1200 gm. Second baby still in NICU with periodic apnea with Cpap and have VSD and ROP with weight 770 gm. What's your advise for the second baby including brain development? Please send your valuable advise.
Good after noon sir Bacche ko 20 din pehle vometing aur pechis hua tha fiver bhi tha Daba lene ke baad kafi aram ho gaya tha abhi 5din se pechis aur fiver fhir agaya hai fiver ja nahin raha hai bahut kamjor ho gaya hu vajan 1 kg kam ho gaya hai kya karu sir kuch samajh me nahin araha hai age 8 months.
How can improve my baby girl weight since 5 months old still at 5.5 kg only present turned in to 11 months please help.
I have 3 year girl child .Her body weight is approximately 14 kg .Suffering from dry cough from Last 4 months. .I tried so many allopathic and ayurvedic medicine on her. But No positive result. .pls suggest me right treatment for her.
My baby is 4 months old. And I want to start giving her top milk along wd d breastfeed How shud I begin?
My daughter aged 16 years has been suffering from Idiopathic Urticaria from the age of 3 years. She currently takes levocetirizine 5 mg when skin itching starts. The effect of the medicine remains for 2 days and again it reoccurs. Like to know the cause and the treatment. Also mention that she undergoes periodic de-worming. We tested with different foods to understand the cause like eggs, brinjal and others but no caused could be ascertained.
Hi, My baby boy will be 3 months in August 1st week. Baby was born via normal delivery and weight was 2.6 Kgs at birth. Baby's health is good and there is no medical problems that he currently has. I wanted to travel to home town delhi via flight in august 2nd week. Please advice if it is safe to travel in flight when the baby is 3 months old.
Me and my wife are having cold and we have a 2 months baby, can you tell me how to prevent our baby from getting cold?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 15 days and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
(1.) Fever coming of my 11 month old baby boy since yesterday evening that range from 101 - 102.7 deg, (2.) When tried giving him T98 1 ml dose, he vomited each time. Tried this 3 times. We had T98 in stock as we used to give the same medicine during vaccinations. (3.) He is not eating properly, and in irritated mood since the onset of fever. (4.) He is NOT having running nose or cough. (5.) He is startling and waking up during sleep since yesterday (6.) He is not taking feed properly since onset of fever, (7.) His three teeth are sprouting these days and not sure if this is linked with his fever. (8.) He is taking Vit D and Iron drops daily.
Sir this girl is suffering from loose motions and had low fever. Prescribe some medicine for some relief.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.