Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. TankirYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old male and I am suffering from severe back pain. Well! it intensifies when sitting for longer hours accompanied by severe headache. Please suggest me some remedies to this problem.
Hello Doctors, I am suffering from acute gastritis and anemia. My haemoglobin is 13.8 but have less haemocrate. My RBC are just in the normal range. I feel weakness and shortness of breath. Please suggest me some lifestyle modification and cure for the same. I have also mentioned the medicines I take.
Hello, My age is 28 I have sex problem and I am only spend five minutes on bed with my wife. Tel me what I do ?
I have psoriasis problem for more than 10 years. I almost stop those food which I found are the main triggers for psoriasis attack to my body. However, I found that stress & some type of clothes are also causes for the allergy. I had tried some ayurvedic medicine but it can't cure totally. Also, I always keep citrazin or livosis tablet in my wallet so that whenever required I can take the medicine. Someone please. Give me some home remedy or ayurvedic treatment. Thanks.
I masturbate 2-3 times a week. Will it affect my future sex life or will it affect my capabilities to born a child?
Hi doctor I am on krimson 35 tablets for pcod problem for the past 3 months and yest I had unprotected sex and I am in the middle of the krimson 35 course for this month. Should I take any other pill for avoiding pregnancy?
Hi, I am having problem while having sex. My pennis is getting very less erect or hardly erect. It is not getting hard and long enough for proper penetration. I am 34 years old. For the last 2 years I was scared having sex. I am generally a very relaxed person, so I do not think I have an issue due to tension or mental pressure. I think it is a problem due to erectile dysfunction. Kindly suggest some medicine for this. I am really worried and embarrassed.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Mere pet m bahut khatarnaak dard mahsoos hota rehta h or sir bhi hamesha bahut jyada dard karta rehta h or allergi ke bhi problem rehti h.
Sir, due to chronic urticaria I suffering from breathing loss during urticarial attack (intense itching) please provide me the best way to get rid of breathing problem.
Sir I can't achieve proper erection my age is 34 years and early discharge suggest me medicine I am facing this since one year.
I get pain in my head when I started studying and feel sleepy what should I do to increase my concentration.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.