Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tanay chaubalYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old my tooth get easily broken even biting small stones in our food what is the problem?
Dental implants need to be maintained carefully after surgery and for that you got to follow a few essential caring tips.
Best caring tips after dental implants:
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Healthy diet needs to be maintained and in this case, only nutritious and soft foods are to be included.
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.
- Scheduling appointments: You should meet your dentist on a frequent basis in order to make sure that everything is perfect. You can also visit your dentist in times of emergencies when you are facing tremendous pain or bleeding.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid cold or hot drinks and foods: You should not take excessively hot or chilled items immediately after dental implants as that might create an adverse situation. This is a strict instruction which is usually given to the patients by their dentists so that implants can be protected and can be maintained in the long run.
- Apply ice pack: If you want to get rid of unwanted swelling and inflammation, immediately after dental implants, then nothing can be the best than homemade therapy, other than using ice packs. You should keep the ice packs just over the swollen art directly, and you can even try out this therapy multiple times in a day and will get relief instantly.
- Taking painkillers: If the implanted area has swollen up, and it is paining badly, then you should try useful painkillers, but the medicines should be prescribed by your dentist. But do not take these medicines on a frequent basis rather take them only when the pain is severe.
Related Tip: "Reasons Why You Should Not Be Nervous About Dental Implant"
What are some simple ways to get rid of a toothache fast?
A) before knowing about the remedies for relieving toothache, let us first understand the reasons for a toothache. Knowing the causes can help us prevent it.
Generally, toothache is a result of inflammation of the soft, central part of the tooth. The most common cause is cavities (tooth decay). Other causes include infection at the root of the tooth, chipped or broken teeth, damaged fillings, infected gums
Since most toothaches are the result of tooth decay, following good oral hygiene practices can prevent toothaches. Follow these simple steps:
-brush twice daily with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
-floss once daily
-rinse once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash
-consult your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning
-eat foods low in sugar
Natural ways to relieve a toothache
Popping painkillers and other drugs frequently to relieve pain is not always the best idea. They come with their own set of side effects and should be avoided whenever possible. You may try these simple, safe and effective remedies to help you relieve a toothache instantly and naturally:
1. Salt and pepper
Salt mixed with pepper can be of great use as both the ingredients have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties:
-mix equal amounts of pepper and common salt with a few drops of water to form a paste
-apply the paste directly on the affected tooth and allow it to sit for a few minutes
-repeat 2-3 times in a day
Garlic has antibiotic and other medicinal properties that can be very effective in reducing the pain:
-mix a crushed garlic clove with some table salt or black salt and apply it directly on the affected tooth to alleviate the pain
-you can also chew one or two cloves of garlic to get relief
More: have garlic &amp; 6 more foods for a healthy heart
Cloves have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and anesthetic properties that help alleviate tooth pain and fight infection:
-grind two whole cloves. Mix in a little olive oil or any vegetable oil and apply on the affected tooth
-another option is to dab a cotton ball in clove oil and rub it directly on the sore tooth
-you may also mix a few drops of clove oil in half a glass of water and use it as a mouth rinse
Saltwater cleanses the area around the tooth and draws out some of the fluid that causes swelling:
-stir a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water and rinse for up to 30 seconds before you spit it out
-repeat this treatment as often as needed
5. Tea bag
The tannic acid in tea helps to relieve gum infections:
-steep a tea bag in boiling water for a few minutes, then remove and allow to cool
-hold the cooled teabag around your gums for about 5 minutes
Ice helps numb the nerves and hence the toothache:
-place a small ice cube in a plastic bag, wrap a thin cloth around the bag, and apply it to the aching tooth for about 15 minutes
-alternatively, that ice pack can go on your cheek, over the painful tooth
These remedies may help with short term relief. Consult your doctor if your toothache lasts longer than 1 or 2 days, if it is severe, or if you have a fever, earache, or pain upon opening your mouth wide. Proper identification and treatment of dental infections is very important to prevent its spread to other parts of the face and skull.