Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T V GarudYour feedback matters!
To prevent deep vein thrombosis, some common preventive measures include the following:
- Take any prescribed medications as directed. If you're having surgery, such as orthopedic surgery, you'll probably be given blood thinners while you're in the hospital. Your doctor may also prescribe aspirin or other medications that help prevent clots to be taken for a while after surgery.
Avoid sitting still. If you've had surgery or have been on bed rest for other reasons, try to get moving as soon as possible. If you're sitting for a while, try not to cross your legs because this can limit blood flow. If you're traveling a long distance by car, stop every hour or so and walk around.
If you're on a plane, try to stand or walk occasionally. If you can't do that, at least try to exercise your lower legs. Try raising and lowering your heels while keeping your toes on the floor, then raising your toes while your heels are on the floor.
- Make lifestyle changes. Lose weight and quit smoking. Obesity and smoking increase your risk of deep vein thrombosis.
- Get regular exercise. Exercise lowers your risk of blood clots, which is especially important for people who have to sit a lot or travel frequently.
Exfoliating keeps your pores from clogging, which is another benefit in regards to acne control. The renewal process of your skin is sped up and your moisturizer will penetrate deeper into the skin which will give you that moist glow.
Exfoliation also helps with uneven skin tone as it removes dead skin cells which contribute to that uneven look. Consistent exfoliation of your skin will help with wrinkle prevention in addition to giving you smooth glowing skin.
2. Exercise - There's a reason why athletes are some of the most beautiful people in the world. That reason is consistent blood flow. Exercising circulates your blood throughout your body giving it a natural flush to your skin.
If you don't know where to start, try walking and taking the stairs whenever you get a chance. This will make your transition into other traditional routines more manageable when the time comes.
After you initially get your body active there are many different physical activities to explore, especially if you are not into the traditional gym routine. Try kickboxing, tennis, running or spin classes.
3. Cucumbers - Cucumbers not only taste great, but are filled with vitamin c and caffeic acid. These are two antioxidants that are excellent for fighting off wrinkles and protecting you from sun damage. Vitamin c will give your beautiful black skin a jolt of elastin and collagen which contributes to your radiance.
Cucumbers can be prepared in many ways for consumption. One of the best ways is in a fresh salad. Try slicing a whole one with some lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, lemon juice and olive oil for a fantastic side salad.
4. Limit your shower time - This might be a difficult one, especially when you're used to coming home from work or the gym and it's the first of your many nightly rituals.
A long hot shower can sometimes be the reason why you haven't gone postal on the world. However, limiting your shower time (and cooling the temperature just a touch) can be beneficial to your beautiful black skin.
A hot shower can strip your skin of its natural oils. When this happens you get that dry and patchy look and that is what you don't want. The object here is glowing skin, remember? chill your shower down just a tad. You will still be able to have a calming relaxing shower without stripping your skin of what it needs. Remember, don't stay in there for an hour.
5. Green tea - Green tea is by far one of my favorite drinks. It's also one of my favorite methods for cleansing your skin topically as well (a good green tea facial cleanser will have your face glowing like a star).
Green tea is by far one of the most powerful antioxidants you can utilize when adding a glow to your skin. Rich in antioxidants, green tea helps rid your skin of free radicals, reduces inflammation and feels great going down. 2 cups of green tea a day along with a good facial cleanser will have compliments raining down upon you.
I am having very oily skin due to which I had to face humiliation kindly prescribe some medicine. Waiting for your reply.
My nani is suffering from breast cancer her blood is flowing from last five days she is taking homeopathic treatment. Could pls tell me any medicine ?
I have dark pigmentation on both sides of my lips, using so many creams with doctor's advise, but no results, please advise some helpful treatment.
What are symptom of leucorrhea. What measure steps we have to follow to cure it. Is it harmful or can cause any skin problem please guide me with proper suggestion.
I have dark circles under eyes even after I was sleeping for more dan 8 hrs. Pls suggest home remedies for it which results asap. Advice home remedies only.
Hello, I am 25 year old female. Though my complexion is dark but my face is more darker then rest of my body. Please give some suggestion how to equal my skin tone.
I am not able to walk much and I get tired very soon. I have dark circles around my eyes and its too much. Tell me what can I do.
I have a black marks and pimples in my face. My face got ugly. Please help me to get rid off the black marks and pimples.
I have the acute deep bone burn marks on my hands. Is there any medicine to cure them and able to get original skin?
Hello sir I am 24 years old man. My skin is very dull I am a mining eng so I have to go dull area so my skin is very dull and my health is dustfull with cough, fever what should I do ?
My face's brightness has decreased for dirt and dust what face wash I bought from market for my face and also what should I do?
I have liver pain, constipation, itching in eyes, dry skin, hair fall, brown spots on face, skin discoloration. All are increasing day by day what is the actual reason?
I have black spots and pores on my face. How to remove it. Please tell the remedy or any face cream.
My father is having problem with prostate enlargement, he's having problem while urinating because of that. So please tell remedies and proper treatment, we are worried.
Hi sir. My name Satish. I am 25 I need your suggestion. I have a problem I am suffering with block spots on my nose from 2 years. I consult some doctors they suggest some creams but still it is not gone. Thanks & regards Satish.
While taking care of skin externally is definitely a good idea, maintaining healthy skin from the inside is important as well. These don't happen overnight or don't work with external beauty products but only happen when lifestyle changes are put into place. Let's take a look at some of the well known lifestyle changes or habits that can help you get healthier skin.
1. Stop smoking: Apart from contributing to cancer and being nicknamed death sticks, smoking also causes a person's skin to look older. This is due to the fact that it constricts blood vessels within the body and thus causes wrinkles on the skin by disrupting the normal blood flow. It is thus advisable to give up smoking if you want to have healthier skin.
2. Eat more of dark leafy green vegetables:For skin to be healthy; your body also needs to be healthy internally. The best way to do that is to exercise and eat right. Eating right is an even more important and it is important to remember to include dark leafy vegetable which are packed with nutrients required by the body. Some examples of these foods are:
c. Brussels sprouts
e. Romaine lettuce, etc.
3. Exercising or incorporating at least some forms of movement:It is important to get into some regimen of exercising or working out, be it yoga, running whichever may be light, but makes you move during the day. This is very important as movement and exercise helps the lymphatic system within the body to make the immune system stronger. This will not only boost immunity, but will also help detoxify the body and hence help the skin become healthier.
4. Carry out detoxification diets and procedures at regular intervals:Detoxifying isn’t just about having a clean diet, but also about detoxifying the skin from the outside. While you can go for a green or fruits only diet or smoothies and cut out many food groups for a few days to detoxify, it is also important to detoxify the skin as well with body wraps, clay treatments, sugar scrubs, salt treatments etc.
5. Manage stress:This is a silent killer in many aspects as stress leads to hypertension and many other ailments. With regards to skin, stress releases cortisol, which over activates the blood vessels and causes it to make the skin over sensitive. This will result in visible redness, blushing and may even cause acne. Get into and start practicing stress management routines to minimize stress that will not only help you have healthy skin but good health in general. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.