Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T.p. PaulYour feedback matters!
My son is 4 months old having dandruff I am using aveeno baby shampoo but no use. It was like a layer and round patch. Please suggest.
Sir I have one doubt for my son. He is 7 years old. His weight is 28 kg before 3 or 4 months ago. Suddenly he lost his more weight. Now he is 24 kg. I checked his weight before 2 months 26 kg. I really scared about his weight loss. So I consulted a doctor and scanned his stomach USC. That is normal. But still he lost his weight. What's the reason. Please suggest me.
My girl child is 2 and half year old, she told me every day her foot is paining. What are the solution on that or any remedies, please suggest me.
My 3 months old baby only feeds from my left breast from past one week though I use to breast feed her from both side. Don't know what may be the reason for it. My one side breast gets engorged but she refuses to drink. And when I am empty she cries and finally I have to end up giving her formula. Please any lactation consultant help me with techniques to feed her hassle free.
My daughter is 7 year old. She is weight is only 15 kg and hemoglobin parentage is 8 and she is not interested to eat foot like roti, sabji, milk, etc except pizza, chaumin, potato, dal and sometime she eat good smelling things like shops, rubber, wax color, incense sticks so please help me for this case.
She is just of 1 month old baby now has something constipation like problem from 3-4 days. please suggest what to do.?
My child is 5 years old and she has bed wet problem. She wets the bed daily. She always passes urine two or three times while sleeping. I want solution of this. please advise.
When to introduce solid foods to 3 months old baby? what to give them when we start giving solid foods?
Hi my male child is 4 months old. Starting from we are feeding mothers milk. However neighbour ladies are feeding mothers milk as well as cow milk. I used to give small amount of cow milk but my child started vomit, loose motion after an hour. What to do for this? also its better to start giving ceralac or farex?
I am 15 yrs girl and have done heamoglobin test today in which I got report showing 9.7gm% which shows its much then required count. So can you suggest what shall I do naturally to increase my heamoglobin count without medicines. To inform you I dont have any other symptoms & just did this report as mom said I am looking bit pale. Please advice.
My baby is 11months old by mistake she swallowed 1 MM. Plastic piece! She is not showing up any nausea tic signs! Please suggest I am tensed and worried!
Hello. My son is suffering from allergies and cough problem, his age is 8.5 year. Esr is high and getting a little swelling under eyes and in body too. Please suggest a permanent solution.
My 3 years old son had 99.5 fever and vomited. He's is active and drank water etc. Should I give him some medicines. Should take him to. Hospital.
My baby is 2 months and 18 days old. He doesn't sleep whole night. He sleeps next day till 4 am. How to change his routine. I feel so tired. I am working woman please suggest.
Uterine fibroids are referred to as benign, abnormal growths which tend to develop in the uterine walls of a woman. The size of such growths can range from a few centimeters to even excess of a few inches. As such, they can cause the uterus to increase to the size of a five month pregnancy. Although, the symptoms of fibroids are not always apparent, they often cause heavy bleeding and pain in women. A recent research concluded that around 60 to 75 percent women contract such fibroids by the age of 50, at least once in their life.
Depending on the site of formation, uterine fibroids are distinguished into different types. Intramural fibroids in the lining of the uterus and subserosal fibroids which develop outside the uterus are the most commonly observed fibroids.
What causes Uterine Fibroids?
Although, the exact reason for the formation of fibroids are obscure, medical professionals have determined certain factors that may affect their formation. Some of them are:
1) Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen, produced by the ovaries regenerate the uterine lining during each menstrual cycle and trigger the growth of fibroids.
2) Family history: If you have had a family history of uterine fibroids, then you're likely to develop the condition yourself as well.
3) Pregnancy: The production of progesterone and estrogen increases during pregnancy which increases the likelihood of fibroids.
What are the signs of the condition?
Depending on the location and size of the tumors, symptoms of such fibroids include:
1) Heavy bleeding and blood clots during periods
2) Pain in the pelvis
3) Frequent menstrual cramps
4) Pressure and pain in the lower abdomen
5) Swelling in the abdomen
6) Pain while intercourse
What is the procedure of the treatment?
Ultrasound and pelvic MRI are common diagnostic procedures to check for uterine fibroids. After diagnosis, depending on your age, size of the fibroid and your comprehensive health, the doctor would prescribe you with appropriate medications. Only after medications prove futile, doctors opt for minimally invasive surgeries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
If your toddler talks to you in gibberish what do you do? Experts tell us that you should act as if you understand what your child is speaking. It will encourage him to speak and he will pick up the mother?s tongue faster.
Parents? response to children?s activities makes a world of difference to their growth. If you indulge in a conversation with your toddler, he will feel encouraged to talk. Never mind if you can?t make out his blabbering. Words don?t matter, your attention does! Show interest and talk to your kid. Just wait and watch how quickly your baby picks up language skills!
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.