Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sweta BothraYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam, I have been diagnosed with Jaundice for a week now and my bilirubin level is at 5.6.I want to know what are should be my next steps for a speedy recovery. I have general anxiety disorder as well so I am not being able to cope with this news and I am very stressed most of the time even when I am resting.
I'm suffering from neck pain and back Head ache and negative thoughts I'm going crazy and has panic and anxiety disorder and acid reflux how to get rid of this I can t bear help me.
Sir I am studying 12th standard then I joined long term coaching along with my friends I am one of the most intelligent student among them but I got less marks in final eamcet I am confusing what I do right now Is it possible to study second long term all of my friends join in college I am mentally upset I am not at all decide what I do right now With my marks I am not get medicine seat it was very painful to me. Sir please suggest me what I do like my parents are interested to join second long term coaching this year My feeling is all of my friends are joined in colleges except me then it is possible to study second long term.
My daughter is 4 years old she doesn' t talk and she is mentally challenged she doesn' t walk properly I have already consult with so many doctors since last two years but there is no improvement in her condition what should I do ?
Suffering from a anxiety disorder from many years. Thorough treatment from two years. Mainly health anxiety, ocd about health and disease, blood pressure phobia. Currently on FLUVOXAMINE 100 and Metoprolol succinate 50 mg. Since march 2014. Fluvoxamine is very hard to tolerate, increasing anxiety and panic even trivial health issue. But doctor still is stick to it, even trying to increase dose. I am helpless some times. Mornings are terrible. Sleep quality is good.
“The most beautiful thing you can wear is your confidence” -Blake Lively
At a certain point in our lives, we are all swept off our feet by the storm of doubt, so much so that we refuse to rest our trust and faith in our very own selves. But that is where being silently confident comes in. Confident people are optimistic, even in the face of adversities and tend to confront their fears head-on, no matter what. Take a leaf out of their book; here are a few tips to lift your esteem to its pinnacle.
- You need to keep off all the negativity: In life, you would be surrounded by people who would want to pull you down, taint your morale by unconstructive and unnecessary criticism. Maintain your dignity and distance from them who do not give you good vibes.
- Enhance your Image: Remember. body language maketh a man. The things you do and the thoughts you think speak louder than words. So, never forget to carry that wry smile by the side of your lips, whenever you encounter something seemingly insurmountable. Your posture, your firm handshake, your way of looking straight into the eyes of a person while dealing with him/her, can all go a surprisingly long way in upping your confidence.Composure and calmness are the keys to greatness.
- Never give-up: Failures are life lessons in your path of success and the true spirit lies not in never falling, but dragging yourself up each time you fall. Hence never accept defeat. Remember, every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.
- Be prepared: Put your best foot forward every time you do something; be it that important office presentation of yours, or on the prom night of your university. This could take your confidence higher.
- Remind yourself of every single good thing you’ve done: Life is full of ups and downs and there may be days when you would feel unsure and weird about yourself. What you can do is make two lists and stick them on all spots easily visible to you, for instance, your wall, your refrigerator door or your bathroom mirror. On the first list, pen down all the amazing things life has blessed you with and of which you are truly grateful. On the second list, put forth all of your accomplishments that you are proud of; major or minor. Next time, whenever you find your self-esteem waning, these lists would remind you of what a worthy life you have had thus far, thus motivating you all over again.
Here are 5 easy ways to get rid of hangover-
1) Hydrate: Since alcohol causes dehydration, it becomes imperative to drink lots of water to rehydrate your body. It dilutes the toxins left in your body. You can also add electrolyte replenishing sports drinks. Avoid Tea/Coffee or other dehydrating beverages.
2) Go Lemons: Lemons help in reducing effects such as dizziness, muscle pain, sensitivity to light and sound. It also rebalances the body by controlling the blood sugar level and adjusting the pH level. Add Honey helps counter the side effects too.
3) Have Tomato Juice: Tomato Juice contains fructose, a type of sugar that supplements elimination of alcohol from the body quickly. Tomato is rich in mineral, vitamins and enzymes that help the body in recovering.
4) Eat Banana: excessive drinking makes you lose lots of potassium. Having bananas replenishes potassium quickly and also restores other electrolytes. Bananas calm the stomach and boost your energy levels.
5) Have Toast & Egg: Having few slices of toast with an egg can help in more ways than one. The carbohydrates in toast reverse the depletion. Carbon in the burnt part of the toast acts like a filter by removing impurities. Egg provides cysteine that breaks alcohol down and reduces toxins in the body.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Sir I am very much disturbed due to depression in the morning. I can not Concentrate on work is there any medicine for suicidal tendency. Please help.
Sir what to do I'm not able to forget my love since 5 years. I'm dying from inside. Mujhe andar se bahut ghuttan Hoti hai. At that time my friend's used to say that it's only your attraction you will forget it within few months, but it had been 5 years I'm not able to forget her. It very hurts me. Every second I think for her. My family is forcing me to marry another girl. But my brain and heart are opposed to it.
Respected Sir. I am excessive Addicted of Chewing Tobacco Products. I Want to Leave this because it cause Gastric Problem & Stone in Abdominal. So please can you suggest me to Quit this Habit. I will be very Thankful to you.
I am a chain smoker, I wanted to reduce smoking to making my health well, please suggest me something to reduce smoking?
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person has recurring thoughts and feels the urge to perform certain specific tasks at regular intervals. Living with OCD can very difficult and medications or therapy alone cannot guarantee complete recovery. The patient himself/herself has to take certain steps to win against the disease.
Here are some measures you can take to control the symptoms of OCD to recover faster.
1. Accept the truth: If you cultivate an accepting approach towards the fact that you are suffering from OCD and will experience obsessive thoughts then it will be easier to cope with the situation. You have to convince yourself that the recurring thoughts and compulsions you're having are not real, do not imply anything and will go away soon. This helps you maintain an optimistic approach and accelerate your recovery process.
2. Try to postpone your compulsions: When you have the urge to do certain ritualistic tasks try not to give in to them. Try to suppress the urges by saying to yourself that you will do it later and then involve yourself in normal day to day activities so that the compulsions can't rule you anymore.
3. Divert your attention: When you feel that you are having a recurring thought or compulsion, try to distract yourself by channelizing your thoughts towards some other activity. You will find that as you engage yourself in other activities, the obsessive compulsive thoughts will lose their impact on you and will prove to be less bothering.
4. Tell yourself that ocd is one of the most insignificant things of your life: Reduce the amount of value you impart to the disorder. Try to convince yourself that ocd cannot change your way of living life and you don't need to give in to your recurring thoughts and compulsions every time. Try to believe that you will not let this disorder affect your life in anyway and it's just your brain bringing these thoughts, not you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am 30 years old . I am suffering with high blood pressure from last 2 years and presently I suffering from negativity.Please do help.
1. Smoke one cigarette less in a day and keep reducing till you stop.
2. Smoke in front of the mirror to realize you are smoking. Sometimes you may smoke without even realizing as it has become a habit.
3. Keep the cigarettes in the opposite pocket(for example in your left pocket if you usually keep them in your right pocket) or your bag so that you are aware whenever your hand goes for a cigarette.
4. Buy one cigarette at a time and not as a whole packet.
5. Write down the reasons why you are trying to quit in a small paper and keep it in your pocket all the time.
Most importantly NEVER LOSE CONFIDENCE.
On an average smokers make five to ten quit attempts before they ultimately quit.