Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sweta BothraYour feedback matters!
My friend wants loneliness many times. Will it causes any problem to her in the future. Please reply.
Am 27 years male, last 2 years am suffering so many problems at present am in depression and suffering some psychological problems I do not know how to tell, at present am not doing any job pls solve my issue.
Hello, aged 28 residing back in india need a proper diet plan for bipolar disorder I have been having this issue since last 4 years now could you please advise me on how I can control my sickness thanks,
I usually forget what I want to do, my memory is too weak and I am lack of presence of mind, please suggest what should I do?
How to improve concentration and what precautions should we take to improve concentration in 30 days.
I am too Lazy Nd Cannot Do Anything Nd Feeling Depression Sometimes What Should Be Done In This Can You Suggest.
My friend is so intelligent in study but someday she will lost focus in study and she has tired. Pls advised me for this condition.
I can't memories my studying subjects, all are forgotten by attending exam. I feel very bad to studying. What is remedy for my problem?
I am 40 year old man. My profession put me to work whole day in the office under pressure. I felt little nervous and loose my concentration, can' t control my anger and frustration at most of the times. Please advise.
How long does depression due to illness lasts? Symptoms - Unable to concentration, can't expose to sunlight and mood swings as weather Changes, pulses all over body, sometimes shivering. All these started after dengue fever. From 2 months I have these problem.
I am feeling emotionless now days and that too on a very high scale. For example If I get 20% in a exam I won't feel any bad. Even if I won't be having any job I don't have any fear .Jo hona hain hone do" I am not having any feelings. Can this be linked to excessive masturbation?
When I see anygirl I want to get intimate with her. And its not matter who is she and how she is this? what can I do please help me.
Hi I was very good in study but since last 2 years I'm not able to concentrate on study please help.
Social anxiety disorder or social anxiety phobia is characterised by an extreme and often, unrealistic fear of social situations and scenarios. A patient suffering from this condition will usually be ridden with self-confidence and a sense of intense nervousness, as if he or she is being constantly watched and scrutinised. It may be caused by biological, psychological or environmental factors. Let us find out ten ways to getting over the same.
- CBT: CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy is a form of talk therapy that allows a patient to speak with a psychologist or psychiatrist, so as to find out the root cause of the condition. This form of theory helps in arriving at ways of overcoming the feelings of nervousness in social situations.
- Practice going out with smaller groups: It is said that sticking to small and intimate groups can help in overcoming the hesitation and self-esteem issues that many of these patients feel. Once they are comfortable, they can take on larger groups.
- Medication: Antidepressants and beta blockers are sometimes prescribed along with other kinds of medication, for patients who are unable to control their intense anxiety in social situations.
- Face the fear: A little introspection will help you arrive at the reason or root cause of your anxiety. This can help in facing the fears and tackling them. You can talk about these fears with someone.
- Unhelpful thinking: Tackle unhelpful thinking where you imagine people are looking at you in a certain way because they must be judging you. Tell yourself over and over until you believe that it is not true.
- Focus on yourself: The key is to focus on yourself instead of getting hooked on to what others may be thinking about you. This will help in banishing the negative thoughts.
- Be in the present: Practice deep breathing or meditation to bring yourself back to the present every time you begin to think about what people may be thinking about you when you are in a social scenario.
- Lifestyle changes: Drinking less and not smoking at all can also help in the better production of hormones that will help in balanced thinking, especially in anxiety-ridden situations.
- Group therapy: Much like CBT, group therapy gives you space and platform to voice your fears and anxiety. The advantage of this kind of therapy is that you can also hear the stories and fears of other people, which will give you some point of reference when it comes to overcoming your own fears.
- Communication skills: You can go to a counsellor or get soft skills training for better communication skills, which will help you improve your social interactions. This, in turn, will give you much confidence to deal with the world outside. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.