Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sweedle D'Mello ShindeYour feedback matters!
I , I have -1 180 degree axis in left eye and -1 25 degree axis power in right eye. I suffer from eye pain in the eye around eye brows and back of the head even after wearing the prescribed glasses. For the last 4 months my eye and back head pain increased when I walk in daylight or sitting in room with bright light and I cannot work on laptop for more than half hour. I work in IT field and I am unable to proceed my job due to my eye pain. Also can my power be corrected with lasik?
What can help me to reduce piercing sensation in the corners of my eyes near the nose? These piercing sensations are temporary but sometimes intermittent. Is this cause for concern? Is it a by-product of some other inherent ailment?
I have blepheritis on my eyes, as said by a physician since over 6 years. How would I get rid of this? Is it possible to recover from it completely? Thank you.
Sir, I have a problem of itching in my eyes and skin every time .its type of allergy lead to asthma later. I feel itching while eating black chana, brinjal dish, karela. What should I do to cure this problem. And in morning lot of sneezing caused to me.
I Am 51 years & having Diabetic 150-200 taking tablet GlimiSave max forte-3 mg. Started from six month. The problems have lost my eyesight in an crescent formin right eye. have consulted Doctors & scanned & did all test they told me that a optic nerve have been blasted Or damaged from down side & this cannot be cured have consulted 3 Doctors but in vain i stay in kalyan (Mumbai) Please give an advice.
I'm suffering common cold from past 2-3 days and from today morning my right eye is watery, paining.
Sir I am using glasses. Power is little high. I found that after every 8 to 9 month my eye power increase and I changed glass every time which is more powerful than previous. But now some days ago I am facing same problem again I feel that my eyes become weaker much. I feel some pressure or load in my eye. Can you suggest any medicine or drop for my eyes. Thnku.
I am 55 yrs old I have a problem with my eyes, the vitreous is detaching so the are a lot of floaters. Can you help? I am suffering from sciatica for the last year, I also have oedema on my right arm due to removal of nodes as I had breast cancer, there is a water retention on my whole body. My husband who is 61 suffers from chronic cold Can you please advise?
I was checked my eye power, it was minus 0.5 in both eyes. But 2month passed, I dont use power glass. Now I want to buy glass. So may I have to check my eyes again?
Hi. I got problem with my face fat. How to reduce fat from face how to treat under eyes fluffiness. I do regular exercise face yoga but not getting any results. Please recommend some medicine or injection for my fat face my body is lean but I have lot of fat on my face. Thank you.
I have red eyes for over three days and continuously tears fall so what should I have to do right now?
For the past 3 days I've noticed my 8 months old son has been shutting his eyes randomly. Sometimes when he's playing he just closes them for a second or 2 then opens them back up. Anyone know what could cause this? I am very much worried.
I have glasses of 3 number. But from 3-4 days my eyes get tired after reading an hour. Is it due to increase in heat or what? What should I do to keep my eyes healthy?
I have sight from 3 years, and a small a small amount of cement is fallen in my eyes. Will sight increase?
I have some issue with my eyes. My vision is so less because I am using my phn very hardly with full day please suggest me what I doing.
Hi I have cholesterol. Tremor in hand, gas, eye irritation, can not look in bright light, sound in ear.
Glaucoma is mainly of three types: Angle Closure /Acute Glaucoma and Open Angle Glaucoma and Secondary Glaucoma.Open Angle Glaucoma is the commonest and mostly occurs after the age of 35 years. 30 percent of eyes have no symptoms. There may be ocular pain, heaviness of eyes, watering, defective vision or defective night vision etc. Glaucoma can be detected by expert Ophthalmologist.
Recording of Intraocular Pressure, Fundus Examination, Automated Field Test and if necessary OCT test has to be done.
Initially the eye pressure is controlled by drugs and when necessary, microsurgical procedure of Trabeculectomy has to be performed. Surgery can cure glaucoma permanently in 95 % of eyes.NEVER TAKE GLAUCOMA LIGHTLY.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.