Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swathi BapatYour feedback matters!
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.
My 2 months 23 days baby having cold and his nose got blocked and its sounding gur gur can you suggest me any. Medicine.
My child is 21 months. He hasn't immune. Often gets cold fever runny nose. Sneezing.wet cough. I gv him prescribed medicines. By doctors. Bt. I don't get any result. please suggest me am strong medicine.
My child is 10 years old her weight is 25 kg haven't got hungry she got affect digestion problems. She affect stomach ache. So she couldn't eat food? What medicines needed her?
I have one child one year old she is not eating food also didn't drink water also am worried why she is not taking food now a days I had meet a pediatrician but they didn't check properly. Please help me am so nervous am worrying. Please reply me soon.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.
I had tympanyoplasty 6th type during 1986 on my right ear and 2nd type on left ear. My right ear is dead as i cannot ear anything. It was bleeding from puss since my birth in 1964. After surgery in 1986, bleeding has stopped but i am suffering from loss of hearing. Any latest surgery can help me in restoring loss of hearing in my right ear.
My 33 months old boy's head always seems to have temp than normal. I used to apply castor oil on hs sole to reduce the body heat. Imdtly he has running nose with sneeze. How can I help him to have normal temp. Is hs BMI nrml?
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
Ashthma patient should avoid early morning walk, avoid exposure to smoke,dust,fumes,strong smells,allout, and should take thier medicines as advised by their doctor.