Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swathi BapatYour feedback matters!
My child aged 16. He is not interested in study and not in play. He is very lazy. He don't like to following to any one. He don't has any hobby and not goal for his future.
Tej bukhar ane par behosh (5-10 mint ke liye) ho jati h aur akad jati h, hath bhi piche ki taraf mud jate h. Esa abi tak 2 baar ho chuka h.
My son is 12 years and weighs about 74 kgs and height of 157 cms recently I find a little breast formation in him is it because of his weight or puberty I am really worried. Please solve and suggest something.
My son- 1 year 3 month age, body very weak- 8.100 kg weight. Only, in his blood test- found ammonia very high 4.8, calcium very low, blood low, so to control ammonia to reduce which food will I give and which food to avoid, which food will give to increase blood, calcium, please Doctor give suggestion.?
My two year daughter had fever for three days. Now the fever has gone. But her body is still somewhat warm. And also she is not eating anything. Just falling asleep often. Please suggests the main reason for this.
My son is 6 months old. I feel he is facing problem of motion. Earlier a month ago, he used to pass motion 5 days once in normal form(no hardness) and now, some times three times in a day or two that too in liquid format. Leaving these, he is very active by his age and no abnormal crying observed. Worth to mention that, recently he suffered with fever for a day and we given dosage of Paracetamol syrup IP. Please help.
Mere behan ki ladki 40days ki hai dhoodh peene ke turant baad ulthi kar leti hai. Bahut ulthiyan kar rahi hai koi syrup ya upay batao.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.