Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapnil Kulkarni
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Swapnil KulkarniYour feedback matters!
How to prevent teeth from decaying tell some medicine that will prevent. And which is the best paste to use for teeth so that there.
Hello Doctor. I m 19 yrs old n I feel a little bit sensitivity in my teeth. What is d soln to dis Natural remedy will be preferable.
I am suffering from oral ulcers from a week. Even after using ointments there is no improvement. What should I do?
1. Brush teeth twice a day.
2. Floss daily.
3. Brush or scrape your tongue.
4. Use a mouth rinse- mix of water and few drops of peppermint oil or rinse your mouth with black or green tea.
5. Visit your dentist regularly.
6. Quit smoking and avoid tobacco products.
7. Be sure to drink a sufficient amount of water.
I have completed root canal treatment for my 2 tooths. Now I want to put cap on my tooth. What should I do now? how much it will cost?
I am a 20 years old I am in weekly 2 days in mouth ulcer its very pain please any resolution in this problem.
Sir/madam, i am getting bad odour from my mouth when i am speaking to someone. Its happening since 6 years. I dont know why? i am washing and brushing daily with plenty of water. But i exists. I face a lot of problem when i speak to someone. I cant even laugh perfectly. Please suggest me some measures or suitable treatment. Please fill happiness in my life by solving this problem. Also suggest me some home based treatment both naturally and artificially. Waiting for you reply with thousand eyes.
I have a pale white line in the left inside cheek that does not go off I consulted a dentist who diagnosed it as line a alba probably due to cheek biting or frictional kerotosis I have pain but irritation is there any home remedy?
Is there any cure for a person suffering from lump in the inside of right cheek b/w the jaw in homeopathy and this lump or knot has been from more than 7 yrs.
I am suffering from pain in molar teeth of right side and also in lower side of jaw so can you please suggest me what to do.
I am a 35 years old female and for last 1 week i have mouth infection, what should I do? Please advise.
I have already a bridge, but I want natural looking teeth, ad I know about dental implants, but I do not want to put artificial things in my mouth.
I am regularly brushing my teeth 2 times a day. But still I am facing bad breathing problem. Please suggest me toothpaste or any other medicines. Thanks in advance.
I am 30 years old male am suffering from mouth ulcers for last 3 weeks. What should I do? please help me.
Even after brushing and using mouth people say bad smell is coming from your mouth. Can you tell me what's the reason behind it.
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)