Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapneesha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SwapneeshaYour feedback matters!
I have a baby boy of age 5 months. His urinal point is not in appropriate place it situated below the penis. Please tell me what I do?
Hi. I have delivered baby boy 50days before as premature baby. He was in nicu for 30days. And reached home. He is. Not getting milk directly from my breast since he has low birth weight. I am expressing through. Pump.and giving to him. Last two weeks my supply. Was very low. I had lactare tablets. And lactonic granules. But no improvement in supply. Pls suggest.
My son is 2 and half month old he is crying more and more what may be the reason? What are the injections/vaccination to do? Please help me.
At time of birth my baby weight 2.9 and decrease to 2.33 kgs and gradually increase 3 kgs now she is finished her 3rd month my baby weight is 4 kgs. Is it good? Can I start cerelac? I don't have breastfeeding my baby won't nursing from the beginning. When I started she cried and won't suck milk. I used nestle Nan 1 and my milk through nipple shield. How to increase my baby weight.
My son is 5 months old. He is drinking cow milk from dairy and since 7 days I went to my in laws house the cow milk taste differ due to that he has got loose motion. So what medicine to take and due to continuous motion he has got rashes so can I start amul milk so that it is available everyman. Kindly suggest that milk which is available everywhere.
Which is best home remedies immunity systems for 5 years child he is suffering from asthmatic allergy by dust, chocolates,cakes n all. I use to give him huff puff (asthalin) whenever he get allergy at night specially.
My 2 years old male child is suffering from rickets. How much time it will take to recover from rickets and is rickets is treatable or not?
My daughter is 6 years old an she is very thin and not having eating habits please tell me the solution of my problem as soon as possible.
My 3 months 15 days baby girl is suffering from dysentery since 2 days. Morning I consulted with a paediatrician and medicating her. What food I should follow to myself as I'm breast feeding her.
My baby is 5month old. Her weight was 2.5 kg at the time of birth now she is 7.4kg.She is only breast fed and no formals are given. Is she obess? What should I do?
We blessed with Baby girl on 27 Oct 2016 and her vaccination has started. Doctor given us two options one vaccination which will cause fever and pain to Baby and another which will not cause fever. We are confused?
I'm getting married soon. I'm 33 years old. So I fear about the risk of Down's syndrome. I read that taking folic acid early would reduce the risk. I want to know if that is true and the dosage of folic acid to be taken.
I have started giving my 11 month baby buffalo milk with water on 50: 50 ratio from 4 months. But since then he has been getting lot of cough and sometimes he even vomits at night while coughing. I give him bottle with 120 ml milk twice during the night and once I feed him. During the day I give him aata soup, banana, roti, rice, etc. Of whatever we cook at home. Is milk the cause of his cough? If yes, what milk would be best suited for him then?
Importance of replacing missing teeth
1) to prevent loss of bone
2) to prevent shifting of the front n back teeth in the available gap
3) to prevent the upper teeth from shifting down.
4) to prevent irreversible damage to the jaw joint.
Hi All, My daughter is born on 25 Aug 2014. Her current weight is 10 kg. As per the chart she is below standard. Since her birth she is growing miraculously, in a sense, she doesn't eat solid food as minimum as she needs to. She doesn't drink bottle milk while awake. She only drinks while she is sleeping. So since drink milk only while sleeping, her regular pedestrian prescribed Infragrow (infragrow is given for gaining weight) to add with milk and feed her. So we're doing. Our baby doesn't drink adequate water. We can't force her, she won't intake, so can't increase the water content.
My daughter is 11 year old. She has always stomach pain in every one or two month. I had three usg done but all are shown normal. Drs. Given to heralbendazoleand antibiotics and dicyclomine. That time she relieved but after one or two months she has again pain in stomach. She also had constipation problem by birth.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!