Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Swapna BurandeYour feedback matters!
My age is 30. My mouth is very bad smell in my throat. & what is the reason for this smell? How can I cure it?
Dear Doctor I'm writing this on behalf of my daughter, she is 8.5years old. Most of her milk teeth are decayed and few of them are flowing off and came new teeth in that location. My doubt is that, is it safe to bump off the almost decayed molar teeth by a dentist?
I am a 23 years old I am daily 2 times I do brush but my mouth smells when I talking with people so what can I do?
I am suffering from gum errossion and my teeth also weak. Some times blood come. A dentist said that this is gingabytes and calculas. Please help me.
I have bad breathing problem what is reason for that please give me some idea about that is it safe for health or not.
My daughter is 5 years old and some of her tooth's are having cavity. It has hole & blackish color. Is it suggested to remove her tooth in such small age. Presently it is not paining.
I have ulcer from last 2 days in my mouth. I can't eat any thing spicy. Please tell me some home remedies or medicine to cure that.
I have problem of halitosis from previous 5 years, I clean my teeth and tongue well everyday, but problem is not solved please suggest me the solution.
Your dental health chiefly depends on the way you care for your teeth and gums. Most Indians consider maintaining oral health a very simple thing, and end up committing quite a few dental blunders as a result. As a result, a whopping 95% of the population in India suffers from gum disease! (Source: National Oral Health Programme)
Read on to find which of these dental mistakes you are making and how to avoid them.
1. Not flossing your teeth
Flossing plays a significant role in getting rid of sticky bacteria or plaque from your teeth. The acid generated by dental plaque is the chief cause behind oral cavities, gum irritation and various other gum diseases. Flossing is essential for cleaning the space between your teeth and in turn eliminating most of the bacteria present in your mouth. This is the very reason it should not be ignored.However in India, well over 70% of the population does not floss.
2. Not regularly visiting the dentist
Most Indians have the habit of not visiting the dentist at regular intervals due to laziness, a forgetful nature or fear. Quite a few hold the common belief that if they aren’t experiencing a toothache, they don’t need to visit the dentist at all. Only 2% of Indians visit the dentist. This often puts you in greater risks of developing a gum disease, which may require painful and costly treatment in the future. So, make it a priority to visit the dentist at least once every year to ensure better dental health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I M having problem in my tongue there are little little in hindi you say chole at my tongue why is this and what to do.
I am suffering from teeth pain in teeth small teeth will grown-up in side of teeth so what tablets can be used for relief the pain.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"