Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Swamil PatilYour feedback matters!
My 7 year child has some itching problem he used to itch regularly especially on legs and hands. He does it so vigorously blood comes out from tiny holes. Does it is scabies or anything else. so, please suggest.
There is vibration in my head at anytime. Body also vibrates but head vibrates more. Like saying no by gestures in a speedy manner means more times.
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.
I am in live-in relationship from last one month, and from last month my bf do intercourse all days, but whenever he do I am in severe pain, in my vagina, in abdomen and stomach. Can anybody suggest me some medicine for this.
I am facing issue of yeast infection, have red rashes, itching, & white cream type on my forehead of penis. Please suggest permanent solution.
Hi, I'm a 27-year-old female, I live in uk, I recently had a vitamin D test and got to know that I'm severe deficient, My vitamin D is just 7 (normal range 50-140). I have severe joint pains all over the body. At the same time I have put on the weight? Does Vitamin D deficiency lead to hormonal imbalance? Or can it lead to any worst diseases? Like cancer? Please let me know.
Hi dear Sir madam I am suffering from stomach pain since three weeks ago as I walked into the local doctor but it's still continuing please assist me what should I do.
Unmarried, will be married by next year, upper layer of my penis is still intact. What I shud do as I think this will create problem in my married life.
I have been married for 2 years now and are looking to have babies. I wanted to ask what to do in order to have sex for a longer period of time in one shot before I ejaculate. I want to make sure that the maximum quantity of semen goes inside the vagina. What should I do? And I normally use a standing position. Should I change it to some other position or is it fine to have sex in a standing position? To have babies.
I'm suffering in varicose disease, it's spread below the knee and now it spreading above the knee near to my thighs and its paining every time. Do it will affect genital? Whether it's curable or incurable? Bcoz I'm feeling some pain near genital. Please guide me.
Sir I have leukoplakia (white patches in my mouth) Its has been 20 years for having this but its is growing very little in years. From last 16 year's I am not addicted to any tobacco products. These days I am very very afraid what should I do for this ,should I go for surgery ,I consulted to Dr. Ms. ent who advice that keep away from any addiction and keep eyes on that.
Health Benefits Of Cardamom
Cardamom is native to the evergreen forests of India. This spice is commonly used in Indian cuisine, but it has also made its way into Ayurvedic medicine as a treatment for mouth ulcers, digestive problems, and even depression. Some of the health benefits of this peppery, citrus spice are now making their way into modern studies. It's well worth adding cardamom to your food for the flavor alone, but these health benefits are also something to consider whenever you break out the spices.
Cardamom is related to ginger and can be used in much the same way to counteract digestive problems. Use it to combat nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, loss of appetite, constipation, and much more.
This spice helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
Halitosis in India they chew cardamom after meals or whenever they need to freshen their breath.
Part of the reason cardamom is such a good detoxifies is thanks to the diuretic properties. It helps clean out the urinary tract, bladder, and kidneys, removing waste, salt, excess water, toxins, and combating infections too.
The science behind the antidepressant qualities of cardamom hasn't been studied yet, but ayurvedic medicine swears by the tea as a means to fight depression.
Apart from helping with bad breath, cardamom is used for mouth ulcers and infections of the mouth and throat.
Cold and flu
This pungent spice may help prevent and relieve cold and flu symptoms. It's also used for bronchitis and coughs.
Animal studies are showing promise that cardamom protects against, inhibits growth, and even kills some cancers.
As a diuretic and fibre rich spice, cardamom significantly lowers blood pressure.
Cardamom prevents dangerous blood clots by preventing platelet aggregation and the sticking to the artery walls.
Many of the vitamins, phytonutrients, and essential oils in cardamom act as antioxidants, cleaning up free radicals and resisting cellular ageing.
The volatile essential oils in cardamom inhibit the growth of viruses, bacteria, fungus, and mold.
Like ginger and turmeric, its relatives, cardamom has some anti-inflammatory properties that limit pain and swelling, especially in mucus membranes, the mouth, and throat.
Cardamom is an anti-spasmodic that can help get rid of hiccups. This also applies to other involuntary muscle spasms, like stomach and intestinal cramps.
Traditional medicine lists cardamom as a powerful aphrodisiac that can help with erectile dysfunction and impotence.