Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
I'm 26 years old, I masturbate at least once daily, does that effect your health in anyway. Hope to hear from you soon.
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye problem that affects the retina of the eye and causes total and irreparable blindness. It usually occurs after 15 to 20 years of diabetes. Poorer the control earlier is the onset. Association of hypertension and increased blood cholesterol make the condition more serious.
In initial stages, there may not be any visual symptoms. Some patients may get macular edema marked with a decrease in the vision without exhibiting diabetic retinopathy.
Here is some important aspect of the disease that you should know:
Symptoms as the condition progress: you might experience blurred or fluctuating vision, impaired color vision, spots or dark strings floating in your vision, dark or empty areas in your vision and an even significant decrease in vision which is not corrected with glasses. Diabetes can cause early cataract formation (diabetic cataract) in the eye.
Causes: In an uncontrolled diabetic patient, the blood supply to the retina is decreased due to vascular constriction, in due course of time. This causes anoxia which promotes new vessel formation which may leak causing macular edema and or exudates. The newly formed vessels are fragile, can cause small projections (aneurysms) or may bleed. This all happens in the most sensitive central part of the retina (macula) thereby affecting vision to varying degree.
Advanced diabetic retinopathy: more edema, exudates, and hemorrhages occur. The newly formed vessels may profusely bleed in the cavity of the eye, seriously affecting vision. In due course of time, retinal fibrosis occurs which may cause retinal detachment and total blindness. Few eyes may develop an increase in intraocular pressure (glaucoma) at any stage of the disease, causing blindness even without advanced diabetic retinopathy.
When does the risk increase: longer the duration, higher the incidence. If you have an uncontrolled blood sugar ideally evaluated by hb1ac (glycosylated HB) test, hypertension and increased cholesterol. Pregnancy too increases the risk. Ethnicity plays an important role. More prevalent in native Americans, Hispanics and Africans and now some studies highlight incidence in southeast Asia, including Indians.
When should you consult ophthalmologist: once you are declared diabetic, you must consult an ophthalmologist. Thereafter as per his advice every one or two years or even early if your control is poor or if your parents suffered from advanced diabetic retinopathy. If you are pregnant, eye examination may be needed frequently. Remember, proper control of risk factors and timely examination and intervention can prevent you from becoming blind. A Recent introduction of oct evaluation & intravitreal therapy has significantly helped patients with diabetic retinopathy.
I am 20 years old boy getting pimples overnight on daily basis and not getting cured by any medication and not even by diet maintaining. Please help me.
I am 32 years old being a placement officer I am having a hectic schedule because of which usually when in the evening reach home, I am exhausted having pain in my feet, backache, and low in energy and not willing to do anything due to which having trouble in my married life. Kindly suggest what is to be done?
I am 39 years old male, my body weight is 95 kg. I will get a backache if I stand for 30 min continuously. I am facing this problem from past 3 years. Now from past 2 months I have also restricted my meals to 2 chapatis. What more I can do reduce my body weight and overcome the problem.
I was pregnant with 10 weeks. Doctors told me that I have diabetes my fasting sugar was 97, and had given glycomet 500. The very next day I had bleeding and aborted my child. Does it was an affect of metformin. I think my fasting sugar was not that much high. please answer. I am very much in grief.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.